red and white Christmas

Friday, September 30, 2011

beautiful river

On my way to town on Monday morning I brought my camera along and stopped twice to take photos of the St. John River and the islands.



                    The sky was such a pretty blue and it was quite warm therefore a bit hazy.  Perfect.




Milkweed plants still ripening.


I took this photo 2 years ago in October.
The pods were ripened and had burst open spreading their seeds.
I love the silky 'down' inside.

A view of the Grand Pass between 2 islands.

A close up shot showing the nice beach due to low water levels.

The next photo was taken on April 1, 2011 during the spring run off with high water.

That trail in the lower part of the picture is part of the Trans-Canada Trail
on the old railway bed.

Our streak of beautiful warm sunny days has ended with showers and rain coming
for the weekend.  Then the temperatures will really cool down next week.

Ah well, it's been nice, this month of September.
Just where did it go??

Now we're facing October.  Pretty soon it will be Christmas!!

Next weekend is our Canadian Thanksgiving.  We're looking forward to having
company for the weekend - Murray's sister and her hubby.
There will be lots do in preparation next week.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and maybe even get out to
do some leaf peeping if the colours are good.

Blessings,

Pamela

10 comments:

  1. Pamela
    Great photos of the river. No leaves left on those trees!
    I love milkweed-I remember as a kid blowing it out of it's pod. Did you?
    I've been meaning to tell you that I really like your new banner too.
    DH just bought our Thanksgiving turkey today, so
    were starting to think about it now.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That drive into Fredericton along the river is one of the most pleasant I know. Very pretty pictures.

    We haven't enjoyed all the warmth you've had. It's been gone for nearly a week. And now all this rain coming...again.

    Thanks for leading the way with Thanksgiving. I get some of my best ideas from my Canadian friends and family. Keep us posted now.

    (Oh the bee? He croaked in there. Entombed. Freaky. I don't imagine you'd be aware of it since squash blossoms aren't dead-headed, but he might be providing fertilizer or something. Ugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder the license plates said 'Canada's Picture Province'! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, Pamela! You do take the most beautiful snaps!
    Have a great weekend and be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pamela:
    We have so enjoyed looking at these wonderful images which capture so well this time of the year. But, as you say, where has September gone? For, as we write this, it is the first of the new month and with it thoughts speed ahead to the year's end.

    Here we are continuing to enjoy blue skies and daytime temperatures of around 25C although the nights are beginning to feel that bit cooler.

    Kellemes hétvégét.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a very talented gal, Pam. Great photos! Have a blessed weekend. Warm regards to Murray - oh, and you too, of course! :)
    D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, such beautiful scenery. If that was my "backyard", I would be out there every day with the camera.

    Great shots.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous pictures of a gorgeous province. Too rainy today to take any lingering walks outside and snap pics! A good day for soup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela, that milkweed photo is gorgeous! They all are! we are having very fall-like weather with temps in the 30s last night! I love this but will not enjoy the 15-25 degree weather to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous images Pamela. The milkweed has ripened here. I think I need to take an early morning drive!

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...