summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Saturday, September 10, 2011

empty and full

                                                         Empty.  That's how I feel today.
 
                                                   My home is empty and my arms are too. 

            Our sweet family flew away last evening to enjoy the weekend with our son-in-law's family    
                                             before heading home to Alberta.

Ewan liked this vintage Fisher-Price telephone that our children played with.
I taught him to hold the 'receiver' and say "hi".

Hi is his favorite word and he says "hi" to everyone.  So cute and precious. 


On Thursday our son, Mark, came for supper.  Matthew cooked the. best. steaks
 on the bbq and we had fresh peaches and cream corn on the cob and asparagus.







My home and arms are empty but my heart is full.
Full of warm memories of the wonderful time we had together.


Now it's time to get back to a routine again.

Next week I am out 4 days in a row.
Bible Study is starting again too.
I'll be busy in a different way.

And I have LOTS of pictures to look at when I get lonesome.

I'll be back soon with some Kings Landing pictures.

Blessings,

Pamela



7 comments:

  1. What a sweet family yours is. It's no wonder that you are so very proud of them. Are you already planning the next get-together?

    That steak looks great! I mean look at those grill marks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you have plenty to keep you occupied and plenty of photographs to look at although that be the same. Hopefully you will be flying to see them before or at Christmas. I remember my children having that Fisher Price phone, they loved it. I am sure Ewan will be talking to you on the real phone or Skype very soon. Jackie in Surrey, UK.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely family, and I know how much you will miss them when they return to Alberta, as we have family in BC. Your heart will always be full of wonderful memories. Thank goodness for the internet, digital photos, email, and Skype that bring families together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. When my kids leave after a visit it's just heart wrenching. Especially my son because I'm never sure when I'll be seeing him again. I'm glad you will be busy this week. It will keep your mind occupied. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to wave goodbye, but lovely to have the photos and a busy week to keep your mind off the sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolute sweetie pie your grandson is! Can't wait until I am privileged enough to have a few of them. I miss having babies around the house. You are going to have to persuade your daughter and family to head back home - NB is a great place to raise a family, I should know I was born there! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...