spring hope

Thursday, September 22, 2011

harvest, dangerous load and a birthday

It's a busy time around the countryside this week as the farmers are cutting and bringing in their late crops.

                                  This crop is waiting to ripen a bit more before it is harvested.


I wish I had my camera with me on my way to town this morning.

There was a big open truck 3 cars ahead of me with these orange things on the back.

As I got closer, because it was travelling slowly, I realized it was a huge load of pumpkins.

I guess they were being delivered to retailers in the city.

I was a little nervous for the car behind the truck.  The load of pumpkins didn't look
very stable.  Just one bad bump....imagine how awful that would be!
Pumpkins would be rolling and bouncing everywhere and cars and people would be hurt.

When we got to the 4 lane divided highway I proceeded past the pumpkin truck.
I hope he got to his destination safely.

Nerve wracking!!

Newborn pictures taken when we arrived so he was 1 week old.  The other photos taken
when they were home recently, except the center one. It was taken when they returned
to their home.  He love to say Hurray with his hands up. So Cute!


Today is our precious grandson Ewan's first birthday!
I can't believe this year has gone by so fast and how much this darling little
boy has captured our hearts.

I guess that's what grandbabies do.

He is growing and learning so fast these days.  He started walking with
a baby walker the first of the week and can he ever make that thing go!
He hasn't attempted to walk alone yet.  But soon I expect he will.

We shall miss celebrating his birthday due to the miles between us but we will
always hold this dear little one in our hearts and before God in prayer, along with
his parents.  What a blessing they are!

Have a great and blessed day my friends!

Warm hugs,


Pamela


 

6 comments:

  1. Yes, they hold your hearts in their little hands there is no doubt of that. He'll have a wonderful birthday and soon you'll have some photos of him diving into his cake!

    I suppose that the truck you describe didn't look as adorable as the turquoise one I'm seeing at The Polohouse to my right. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to little Ewan! They make a handsome family! I bet you're still missing them too.
    No pumpkins in the stores here yet. They need to get with it-I'm ready for one.
    I'm always a little leary about being to close to overloaded trucks too. Here it's logging trucks that scare me.
    Enjoy your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling little fellow he is, Pamela. They are all so precious, aren't they! They make their way into our hearts so quickly and then they stay rooted there forever, eh?
    Happy Birthday to your sweet little grandson.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    Lovely photo, I just love rolling hills, just enough mystery to keep you walking further:-)
    Happy birthday to sweet Ewan!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. How precious! I just can't wait to become a grandmother! Great maneuvering to avoid those pumpkins! Gorgeous photos - so happy for you!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...