Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Thursday, September 15, 2011

it's time for fall decor

Have you started your decorating for fall?  I know it is early, especially where you live you may still be enjoying very summer-like temperatures!   But, where I live you can see the hint of colour in the trees and there have been some pretty cool nights (almost frosty) and cooler days too.

I love the fall colours and the furnishings in our home were chosen to accomodate the changing seasons.  Therefore oranges, yellows, rusts and golds will fit in quite well.  I think these colours are warm and cozy and make our home feel that way.


This is at the top of the stairs as you enter the living room.


One of my good friends made this sweet pumpkin pillow from an old piece of wool.
It's one of my favorite things to put out for fall.


I changed out my pillows and throw on the sofa and also changed the items
on the tray on the coffee table.


I cut some dried Astible blooms to put in the vintage Dundee jar.


This table runner is a favorite.  It is hand quilted and the colours are perfect for fall.
The 'dough' bowl is a reproduction and I filled it with faux white pumpkins,
dried sunflower blossoms and blue corn.  The candle sticks are dark amber glass.


The dining room on a beautiful sunny afternoon.

I also enjoy scented candles that smell like vanilla, cinnamon, apple, and pumpkin this time of year.  Lighting one of these makes the house smell so good - like I've been baking all day.



The sideboard and hutch.


I have found some small pieces of  transferware which are in this antique cutlery tote.
I spray painted it as it was stained very dark.  The ivory piece of fancy wood
peaking out was also dark stained.  You can see the turkey plate I found this summer too.


This vintage cup and saucer were my mother's.  The pattern is Royal Albert
Crown China.  I love the dark blue with the rusty shades in it.


I tied some vintage linen napkins with brown crossgrain ribbon.
The maple basket is a reproduction made by New Brunswicker, Brent Rourke.


This is the table in the corner.  I changed it up a bit with some blue and white
to carry over from the cup and saucer on the sideboard.  The ginger jar
came from my grandmother's.  It's very old but I don't know of it's value.
I found it filled with dried rosebuds which are still in it.


And finally, here is a view of our front deck from the front door.  I took this
on Tuesday evening which was warm and balmy.  The summer flowers are still
looking beautiful and I have added  some fall mums and asters to the mix,
along with a faux pumpkin.  The real pumpkins aren't on sale yet.

It's supposed to really feel like fall this weekend as the temperatures drop to the
mid-teens from the mid-twenties (and humidity).

Are you ready for it?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

I am joining with these parties:



http://theinspiredroom.net/2011/09/15/fall-nesting-party-2011/


Blessings,

Pamela

21 comments:

  1. We are just now feeling the chill after days of the most summery weather. It's raining.

    Oh my! You have the most cozy home and do so many sweet things. I like the table runners and the dishes and the pillows. It's time to introduce some autumny flowers at my place I think. Perhaps I'll pick some up tomorrow for setting out over the weekend. I've never been able to grow mums; although, they are supposed to be perennial.

    You should join the Fall Nesting Party, if you haven't already considered it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting -- it's nice to meet a new blogger. Your photos are beautiful, and I will come again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fall changeover. Your living room looks so peaceful and serene - I love your colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela
    Thanks you for your lovely comment on my last post. I also became your follower on my last visit.

    Your house looks very warm and festive. I usually wait until October to decorate for autumn as it is usually still mild here in New York and it still feels like summer.
    We may be getting cooler temperatures this weekend .. it may put me in the autumn mood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pamela
    I've really been in the fall decorating mood since it's been cooler here now. But unfortunately all my fall decor was packed in the shed when DH started on the garage. Maybe I can use my imagination and come up with something myself!
    Your place looks great. Pumpkins are always my favorite fall standard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are way ahead of me! I am still clinging to summer but you are putting me in the mood with all your lovely fall decorating. Your home looks warm and cozy with the fall touches added. I love the chair in the last pic too.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this time of year. Aren't all these autmnal colours beautiful? I love the way you've bought them into your house. So gorgeous!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed looking at your fall decorations and the tour of your beautiful home. Your pictures are wonderful! I'm visiting from Show and Tell Friday.

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela, I love autumn. You have displayed your colours nicely.Must invest in some faux pumpkins. It sure got cold here last night. The temps dropped to 3 celsius Our leaves will soon be turning. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam,
    Your home is lovely and cozy. I love this time of year. I need to get some pumpkins and squash for the table! Have a wonderful weekend.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela! Oh, I love your Falleness in your lovely home! The little pillow is adorable. I'm in love with your hutch! You've decorated it so wonderfully! It's still in the 90s here but I'm trying so hard to rush in a little colloer weather!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks very comfortable and cozy for fall, and your accessories are so unique. I am hanging on to the last bits of summer, but I know I should be getting out some fall decor.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pamela,
    I think a home looks snug with the autumn colours. I really like your quilted runner, the dough bowl, the ribbon around the napkins...I guess I like so many of your homey touches!
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Pamela,
    Your home is very cozy. I love the wooden cutlery tote. I think your RA Crown China is the same as my grandmother's. I will have to check with my cousin to find out. She is collecting pieces if it. Lovely post. Thanks for your visit and enjoy the weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your white pumpkins in the bowl! Your home looks very cozy...
    Blessings & hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Pamela
    I think when we switch to the warmer decor colours of autumn, our homes become cozier looking. You've added some nice touches to yours and who knew that white pumpkins would be the new orange!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home is lovely!! I adore your turkey plate...and I'm swooning over your blog header! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your touches of Fall. I like that Dundee marmalade jar too!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are finally getting some cool weather so now I feel like fall decorating! I see the sunflower heads-they look wonderful mixed with the pumpkins. Love the cute pumpkin pillow and the runner!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely home you have! You really have a knack for decorating and displays. It all looks so warm and cozy! The header for your blog is one of the best I've seen, also! Glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pamela. Your dining room is beautiful. I think we could chat away for hours in that room....break out the Red Rose tea!

    I am reading through all your posts I have missed over the last few weeks. I love your fall display outside on your front porch/veranda/deck, which ever you would like to call it! lol Well done, looks wonderful! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...