spring hope

Monday, September 19, 2011

porch sitting

Our porch sitting days are about over here but we have had some gorgeous sunshiney days to sit on the deck and enjoy the sunshine.

I have decks, not a porch and not a veranda.  Porches or verandas sounds much more romantic don't they?

I think to be a porch (or a veranda) you need a roof.  I wish we had a roof over our decks so we could sit outside on warm rainy summer days or be shaded on the very hot sunny ones.  I've often wondered if a roof could be put over our front deck but I don't know if it would suit the house.  I've always dreamed of a house with a veranda across the front....

Anyhoo.....Here we are on the front deck in the morning.  You need to get out there between 8:30 and 10:00 to catch the sun but you may be quite chilly on these mornings.


I placed a woolen throw from Cottage Craft Woolens in St. Andrews on the chair for you
to wrap around your legs or shoulders.

You probably need shoes, socks, long pants and a sweater too.  Be prepared.


I prefer my tea black and love this Rose Chintz mug which plays on the colours
in the wool throw.


I think this angel is kissing summer good bye don't you?  I love the purple of this fall aster.
It is a perennial that I can put in the ground.  I just need to find a spot for it.


Pretty Indian corn and yellow mums ~ fall colours.


I had to throw out the impatiens that were in this old pot as they were looking
pretty sad so I replaced them with some hardy pansies.



I hope you can still enjoy a cup of tea or coffee on your deck or porch.
I don't want summer to leave so I try to sit out on the back deck (which has the most sun)
 for a few minutes each day the sun is shining ~ drinking in the vitamin D along with my tea.

Today I'm joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for

Tea Time Tuesday


Wishing you many more sunny deck/porch/veranda days to come.

Bessings,

Pamela

15 comments:

  1. Hello my friend,
    I am just popping in to say "hello". I am still at my daughter's house. I go home tomorrow, I will miss my girl and her family, but I miss home now. Ach, I can't have it all, I guess!
    Talk to you later!
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you that your "porch" looks wonderful, I love the mums and asters.
    Hugs again, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed seeing your pictures of your deck and flowers. Very pretty and looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Yes, colder days are coming; but like you I am soaking in all the sun I can until Winter arrives. Your deck looks very cozy. I certainly could enjoy myself being curled up under your throw. Love your Fall foilage! Thanks for visiting me. Now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela
    I just think everything looks so welcoming on your porch. I love the aster-it is one of my favorites. It was 59 and sunny here today.
    I'd be smart to start soaking up what sunshine I can too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch looks like a lovely place to have tea in your beautiful chintz mug. Happy tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Pamela,
    I don't have a porch either although the overhang on the front of our house could make a fine roof for a small veranda. We have two decks; one at the side door and one out back. I would love a porch too and I always envy those who have one. I know, I should be thankful for what I do have and I am!
    Now getting to your tea; what a lovely mug! :) I have four of them which my Auntie P gave me. It looks very pretty with your new throw. Such a cozy spot for a cup of tea. Your flowers are beautiful. I especially love the asters. Thank you for joining me for tea today. Hope your week is wonderful with lots of sunshine.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela. Your blogheader is gorgeous and full of all the colours that I love. and I am coming over to your lovely porch for a cuppa!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow chilly days on the porch with a nice cup of tea sound so inviting... Fond memories of cottage days for me..So thanks for these warm memories... Lovely pictures...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are way ahead of us on the cool weather. We'll be porch sitting for awhile, but we do have cooler weather which is a real thrill here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smart girl to be getting some vitamin D. I also have a deck and sometimes I dream of porches, too. My grandmother always called a porch a veranda no matter the architecture. She actually did have a veranda, though. Sometimes I dream of having sailcloth across my back deck, but then there'd be no sun at all and sometimes a gal just needs to catch some rays. Your plants are looking beautiful and your mug and throw look mighty cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Pamela,

    What a delightful post with your afternoon tea table, and your amazing vignette with no Autumnal detail overlooked. Simply a masterpiece!.., I want to be there!

    I just love the Fall colors, the cozy throw, the Indian corn, the flowers and I've always adored that pattern that is on your tea mug!

    Happy Tuesday Tea's and have a marvelous week!

    Hugs, Wanda Lee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello pamela,
    your tea on the porch was very invviting. It is lovely to sit outside and to enjoy the last sunny days. Thank you for this tea time.
    Best rgeetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have the most beautiful photos!! I love your rose chintz mug!! I have had my eye on that pattern too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...