spring hope

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wauklahegan Lake

On Saturday we were in the village of McAdam, N.B. well known for it's historic train station.  McAdam is situated next to beautiful Wauklahegan Lake.

Boathouses on the shore.



The day was overcast and very warm and humid.  The lake was a mirror of calm.


The trees are starting to change colour.  In another week this could be quite spectacular.




There is a campground in the trees.  What a peaceful spot on this late Saturday afternoon.


The train station is a National Historic Site. (photo taken May '09)

It was built in 1900-01 for the total of $30,000!

Sir William Van Horne, who built the Canadian Pacific Railway, commissioned the station.



The structure is a combination of Gothic, Baroque and Victorian style
and modelled after a Scottish castle.

I'll have another post about this beautiful building soon.

I hope you enjoyed this trip to Wauklahegan Lake.

We have had a few days of very unseasonably warm temperatures with a
feel-like temperature of 88 F.  I'm loving it!

Have a great day!

Blessings,

Pamela






16 comments:

  1. I especially love that photo of the boat houses! Just beautiful! (as are the rest of them ...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the first photo opened, I gasped. Breathtaking!!

    Beautiful post, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in McAdam many times and have dear friends who live there still. The station is near and dear to my heart as my grandfather was an engineer with the CPR. My step-grandfather was as well. It's a truly magnificent building. Of all the times I've been in McAdam, I have never visited this lake. How odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos as always. The lake looks like glass. You perfectly captured it. Have a wonderful week...enjoy the changing colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. The photos of the water made me wish to be on the lake in a canoe - a perfect day for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very colorful Header perfect for this Autumn season!Still waters..so peaceful. Great images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous!! I can look at your photos and daydream all morning!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Meanderings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Pam, I love traveling with on your blog you always go to such breath taking spots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your beautiful photos of Wauklahegan Lake! The mirroe like reflectiosn in the lake were outstanding!

    Our weather is also warm and humid...summer is not going away without a last hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous photos! This looks like such a beautiful place. LOVE the second photo with the trees reflected in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, you have a way of helping us see familiar places with awe.Love it!We are living in a beautiful Province!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Pam,
    what fabulous places. I love the color changing of the trees. The red is spectacular. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous photos.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photography is amazing! These are just breathtakingly beautiful! Wowsa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lake looks so serene and you captured the beauty in gorgeous photos. The fall colours have arrived here too and they won't last long...just a blink and the leaves will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful reflection...I would love to see that first photo in B & W. This must have been a fun trip, with amazing scenery.

    I can feel the crisp edge to the air.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I love your photos.
    Hugs,Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...