spring hope

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

fishing creel and hydrangeas

Donna at Funky Junk Interiors has given us a design challenge which she is calling "She's Got Guts".  She suggested we step out of the box and use something unusual for a mantel (which I don't have) or centerpiece or display.

I have chosen a vintage fishing creel and hydrangeas along with some other antique and vintage elements.  Not very gutsy but it is a bit different so I hope you like it.

The brass candle sticks are antique and were a wedding gift to us.  I found the
brown and white transferware plate at a gift/antique shop called "Wishes".
The keys are very old as is the tiny picture.








I love this old fishing creel as it's worn and weathered and probably held a few
brook trout in it's day. 

I hope you'll come over to Donna's blog

She's is an amazing lady and can create and build anything out of...well...anything.

Check out her upside down workhorse display on her mantel!!
It's really original and not-so-surprisingly ~ beautiful!

And there will be lots of other bloggers joining this party too.


I am also linking up for Wow us Wednesdays and


 
Have fun checking out these linky parties.

Blessings,

Pamela

16 comments:

  1. Pamela that is just beautiful! I love how you put it all together ~ I am loving the hydrangeas too ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweet! I love everything. But that transfer ware is so so so ... well I'm speechless! Haha! I love what you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, I like it too. So different a mix of soft romantic with a sporty flair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take everything please! :) Love the mix of feminine and ruggedness. Sure wish my hydrangeas offered me that color this year... so gorgeous! Nicely done Pamela!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully put together, makes it feel like summer again...well done! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the fishing creel the basket? It looks lovely. And you and I have the same candlesticks. Mine belonged to my parents. They probably got them for a wedding present.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks very pretty!! I have one of those fishing creels sitting upstairs.I should bring it down & do something like this with it! I have the hydrangeas too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely display, Pamela! I especially like the little painting - so precious.
    Have yourself a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it would be fun to link up to Donna's party but I'm not sure I can come up with a post. Have to think on that one. I have always loved old fishing creels. Your table is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely arrangement, Pamela. I'm still looking for an affordable fishing creel for our outdoors inspired basement suite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glorious Day, Pamela!

    How are things in New Brunswick? We are enjoying yet another beautiful autumn day here in Newfoundland.

    I love your fishing creel - every time I see one it reminds me of my Dad. Your post has inspired me to do something with my Dad's old creel, and I think I'll tuck a tiny photo of him in it, too...Many thanks!

    Hmmm....I think the creel would be just beautiful hung on an exterior door at Christmastime and filled with a mix of fresh pine, cedar, boxwood, berries and pinecones.... That would be different from the traditional wreath and quite lovely! I always love the element of surprise. What do you think?! LOL

    Linda at Beautiful Ideas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you made a very lovely setting. Just the right juxtaposition. That little picture is just adorable!
    Patti
    new follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fishing creel and hydrangeas look great! My fishing creel holds all the letters I've received from bloggers. :D

    I have a blogging buddy like yours who does the wildest things and it all looks fantastic. Mine put a plow on her mantel...amazing!

    So I'm off to follow your link and see what's up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply gorgeous vignette! I love hydrangeas and they look wonderful in that creel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pamela, this is beautiful, romantic-looking arrangement, love the lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love the softness of the photos. Pink with a touch of fall! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...