red and white Christmas

Thursday, October 27, 2011

orange and cobalt blue autumn tablescape

Won't you join me for an autumn dinner?
This table is set with some of my favorite china and fall colors.


I have done tables before with these over 100 year old flow blue dishes
but I love them with the rusts and oranges of autumn.


The table runner is a quilted piece I bought a few years ago.
The placemats and napkins are hand loomed by auTerroir Inc
of Ste-Madeline, Quebec and are from 1978.


These footed dessert bowls came from my grandmother's.


I used a mix of vintage tableware and antique carving knife and a bone or horn spoon.
The end of the horn spoon is silver (I should have polished it first) and is
stamped Hatheway 1675.  I don't know if it's that old or if that's the company trademark.
Does anyone know what this is really made of?  The carving knife has a horn handle
with a silver plug on the end but no markings on it.


The gold pitcher with black roses is Elijah Cotton - Lord Nelson Ware.
The salt and pepper shakers have the initial "D" on them.  They were my
great aunt and uncle's. 


vintage serving pieces


I thought the orange pumpkins and faux orange marigolds really made the table
pop with the rusty/black woven placemats and the cobalt blue china.

I am linking with the following blog parties


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will check out these linky parties
for more beautiful tablescapes and vintage inspiration.
Thanks to Susan and Debra for hosting!

Blessings,

Pamela


25 comments:

  1. Pamela, I would love to sit down at this table with you! And the dishes would be my favorite too--what a treasure you have --those are quite desirable in antique shops. I love flow blue and have one thing-- a large pitcher. And it's probably not old. I have a set of silver plate cutlery from my grandmother that is exactly the same as your spoon --only with an initial on it. It's so special to eat at a table that in a sense, generations before have also sat at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This table is so pretty! I love the blue and white dishes. I noticed the pretty runner too! Everything just says fall! Enjoy!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful table you have laid! The orange and blue are lovely together. I love the old silver and gorgeous china. How wonderful to have salt and pepper shakers that used to belong to your great aunt and uncle. You are blessed to have those family treasures.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blue and white dishes, and for them to be blue flow dishes, ohhhhh my. What a gorgeous collection you have there.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful table you've set with the flow blue and all your treasures. The blues, browns, and oranges are perfect complements to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tablescape, Pamela. And all the more special with all the family heirlooms that make up the table settings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous color combo! Blue and orange are wonderful together. I love it. I'm visiting today from Vintage Inspiration Friday. Glad to "meet" you neighbour. We're in Nova Scotia. Happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pamela this is so pretty. I, of course, love the blue. The pop of orange is unexpected but perfect. I think the knives are my favorite thing. I love the handles. Well done...have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SOME gorgeous china! It makes for a gorgeous table. I love all the old things you're using too. So many of them from family. We have things from my husband's family, but next to nothing from mine. That final shot in the light is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That china is fabulous...beautiful table. You have a nice collection of vintage silver. I am another that loves blue and orange together.
    Have a great weekend, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, love photography. I envy your eye! Did you do anything specific to develop your abilities?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful table - cobalt and orange - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful warm table setting, with great colours. Happy Halloween, Jackie in Surrey, UK.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pamela your table setting is wonderful. Love the dishes. I love all your vintage pieces and their family history, makes them more special. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pamela, the sunflower pic is my website, and there are links on the upper right hand side that will take you to the albums.

    I will recheck the links today as soon as I get a second, but they should be correct.

    Thanks for letting me know about this.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks amazing! What an interesting combination. I love that's traditional with an updated look. I'm a new follower! I hope you'll follow me back, but no pressure! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Table, Those Blue & White dishes are Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the amber! Come see a Jack the Ripper tablescape. Do you mind putting me on your blog roll if I put you on mine? I know you've visited me before.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These colours are good together and give the table a tranquil autumn look.
    I'm glad you're using your dishes instead of storing them away for a rainy day.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful color combination Pamela! Love the baby pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautifully done Pamela, a lovely setting for a meal with friends and family. Hugs and smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree that the orange really makes the whole tablescape pop, especially with the gorgeous blue and white dishes. Of course I love the quilted tablerunner and loomed placemats too. A beautiful tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those little dessert bowls just make that tablescape! Orange and flow blue are beautiful together. So bright, yet lush. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfectly beautiful!! (Swooning...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...