summer time

Sunday, October 30, 2011

we got snow

          Yes we did!  It arrived in the middle of the night and it's still flurrying at 2:00 this afternoon.

Our snow laden trees at 8:00 this morning.

It was a winter wonderland out there.  We got about 10 cm. or 5 inches of wet snow.
I so wanted to get out my Christmas decorations, put on Christmas music and do some baking.


The lonely chair has a cushion as soft as snow.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny, although chilly, day so Murray and I did all
the fall garden chores.  He mowed the lawn, raked leaves and put them on the flower beds.
I cut back my perennials so I won't have that mess in the spring.
We put all the flower planters in the shed and the deck chairs in the garage.
We were all set for the snow storm being predicted by Environment Canada.


Murray pruned back this spirea shrub as it was getting too big.


This was our front yard yesterday. It looks so much better with the leaves all gone.


And, this morning.


Tomorrow is Halloween and it's supposed to be sunny and about 8 C so most of this
white stuff will be gone.



And maybe the pumpkins will be uncovered from their wintery coat too.

Interestingly, when we drove to church this morning there was very little snow
once we came down off the hill where we live.  They only got a dusting.
Murray informed me that we live 410 feet above sea level and the valley
is about 75 feet above.  He's so smart.   I did not know that fact.

I know some parts of the Maritimes got a lot of rain from this storm and
a lot of New England got more snow than we did, which is wierd, since they
are farther south.    I hope you who are affected are okay and didn't lose power.

Hopefully we won't see any more of this white stuff until December!

Blessings,

Pamela


16 comments:

  1. Oh my, you did get snow. We heard about it on The Weather Network. It's just a taste of what is to come. The first snow is always magical and we appreciate it so much more than the snow that comes later in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela
    I think it's beautiful. I'm looking forward to the snow! I have to remind myself that it makes for a long winter when it comes too early though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks so pretty. We had rain this morning, some ice pellets, and then a little wet snow before the rest of the rain! We should have cleaned up the garden yesterday, but we brought wood in instead. Both jobs that needed to be done, and we wanted the wood inside before all the rain today!! Thanks for visiting today, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're getting lashed by rain - but no snow. I think snow is prettier but I'm just as glad to get rain today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH no! Snow is a four letter word! I remember trick or treating just a couple of times with snow flurries, but not that much. I know it is coming, but I don't have to like it. Your place looks so green and well kept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Ontario, no snow. Thank goodness, way too soon for me. But I believe I heard the first of the season is a magical snow, so make your wish.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how snow puts one in the mood for Christmas. Have you made your wish yet? You know what they say about the first snowfall! *smiles* We are getting a rain-snow mix but mostly rain with high winds. Let's hope we don't get any more of this until late December. Actually, I'd be happy if we didn't get any at all. Hope you have a good week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela
    You're so right how a bit of snow puts one in the mood for Christmas preparations. We've had rain but no snow, our turn will come.
    We tried Christmas in Florida one year when my parents were alive and down there for 6 months. Without the snow, it just was not the same and I felt like we missed Christmas that year. Canadian eh?
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, girl! I can't believe it! It was fairly warm here today, the clouds were laying dark and low and I told Ray that they looked like snow clouds, he said that it was too warm for snow. I'm sure he was right, because we did not get any.
    It is a warning of things to come for all of us!!!
    I am always so excited for our first snow fall, but it can wait for a while still.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to that! Snow on Christmas Eve around 11 pm is lovely. Mild flakes are fine on Christmas Day. That's it. I'm done. ☺

    It made me feel like baking, too, but I resisted and made soup instead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I'm glad it was more on the fun side for you. I haven't heard from my son in Connecticut since yesterday. I'm pretty sure he's one of those without power. You sure scrambled to get ready in time. What a difference a day makes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pamela! Oh, ou did get snow and it's beautiful! How smart of y'all to clear away the leaves and get ready for the winter! Your fron yard is so lovely in green or white! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Snow covered pumpkins! Awesome! Such a beautiful scene. And hard to imagine since we are sitll having temps in the 60's and 70's here in the south. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful snow shots Pamela. It was predicted we would have an October snow, but it didn't materialize. Maybe this week...flurries. I remember when I was a child trick or treating after a big snow and I remember when my kids were small we had Oct. snow, but that was many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos! We also had some snow this weekend, but fortunately it did not accumulate and no tree limbs came down as they did in other areas. I love the look of snow but i don't like to shovel it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's beautifull, i only see snow in pictures or on tv, here in florida we dont see any of that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...