summer time

Sunday, November 27, 2011

a vintage Christmas

I love vintage decor from the 40's and 50's with a little modern sparkle thrown in.

This is my china cupboard.


There is a mix of antiques, vintage and new displayed here and it all
mixes quite well.  I went with a white and silver theme with a bit of
colour and sparkle thrown in.





The centerpiece for the dining table.  We use our table every day so I can't
have anything too large and fancy as it has to be moved for mealtime.  So, I
keep it simple with a candle in a glass hurricane holder, silver balls (Winner's),
a silver and pale blue wreath (English Butler) and a vintage silver tray.  It is all
on a vintage white dresser scarf.  That's it.  Simple and movable!


This is the bookshelf half wall by the front entry.  This is the biggest change
this year.  I usually put garland with beads and white mini lights along here but,
I wanted something simpler this year.  I chose this Santa sitting on an antique platter.
I surrounded the base with pine and fir cones and pearly clusters.
The vintage glass candle holders anchor each side.


The top of the drop leaf table.
I like this feather tree with the vintage glass balls.


The Nativity set is important to me as it focuses on the reason that
we celebrate Christmas - the birth of Jesus Christ.
This set is ceramic and was given to us by my mother about 30 years ago.
The gold angel is from the 1960's, given to my sister and I.  It plays "Silent Night".


I showed you this shelf the other day with the antique lithgraph from 1877 above it.
I've started collecting Putz houses and I have one here in the center along with
some vintage bottle brush trees, reindeer and santa and sleigh.

I have yet to put the tree up as I am hoping to replace our 25 year old one.
I would like one that is a bit slimmer to fit in better and that is thicker than the old one.
Or, I may go with a smaller tree on a table which would be much easier to decorate
but might look too small.  I can't decide.

What style do you decorate with for Christmas?  Are you traditional, modern,
country, primitive, shabby chic or vintage?  Or are you a combination?
Perhaps you use a different theme for different rooms.  Do you decorate every
room in your home including the bathroom?
I hope you'll share with me.

I'll be back Tuesday with a post for Embrace the Season Christmas Tea
at Sandi's Tea Time Tuesday.  See you then!

Blessings,


Pamela










15 comments:

  1. Your china cabinet looks so pretty, Pamela! I love the lights on top too and how it looks like snow! Your decorated the insides so prettily too!
    Thanks for popping in to see me tree and your sweet remarks! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way ahead of me. I haven't got the Christmas displays out from under the basement stairs yet. I must do that this week. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pamela,
    Beautiful vintage Christmas decor!
    Love the lights on your hutch, they must look really nice at night. Your little shelf all decorated is beautiful!
    Very pretty!
    Have a great week!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela!
    I decorate pretty traditional with a lot of new;y acquired vintage pieces that I have been adding. I do have little touches in most rooms on the first floor but no longer put little trees (tiny ones) in the kids' rooms.... they dont care` about them like they used to!

    LOVE your framed print and your Putz collection!
    xoxox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pamela
    I really like the mixed vintage and new silver and white. The buffet is stunning and the little feather tree is so cute - reminds me of a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pam I see so many things that my mom used when I was growing up! We had those candle rings that hold the small glass balls just like the ones in your header picture. And of course the bottle trees, and reindeer and santa in the last picture too! It looks so pretty mixed in with your china, other vintage pieces and new too!! Thanks for the blast from the past and eye candy!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the mix of whites and pops of colours. My style(including for Christmas decor) is country rustic, but I always like a bit of white and lacy/pretty. Our family room tree is very country/rustic with all our family ornaments. Our living room tree (which has been rustic in years past) is getting some blue, white and shiny added to the rustic look this year. I'm still working on this one, so we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Pamela, really beautiful. I love your vintage pieces and your little manger scene is so sweet. Your table decor is nice and simple, thankfully I don't have to move mine every day.
    So glad you are showing your pretty decorating.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all your vintage treasures so beautiful!
    You did a great job with the white and lacy putting them together like you did. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments.
    I hope you have a great week sweet lady.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty traditional, and really only change things or add new things if they are particularly meaningful to one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing the close up details of your decorations for Christmas! Lovely! Some of it is very similar to what I like to do, which proves many of us bloggers share a lot in common! Have a good day, dotsie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Pamela! Enjoyed this post so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely Blog! I popped over from Carolyn's PEI Blog. Take care.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love that feather tree with the teeny tiny balls! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...