summer time

Thursday, November 17, 2011

beautiful November


I noticed these berries growing beside an old shingled garage while walking
on a beautiful November day.

As I've mentioned before, this month and most of the fall has been fantastic for us.
After we had the nice snow storm in October, the weather became fallish again.

Just look at the texture of those old shingles!


This is a Hawthorn tree with its fruit.  The Hawthorn or thornapple tree
is a part of the rose family.  It has beautiful blossoms in the spring and it's
bright red fruit is very tart and resembles crabapples.


The ground under this old apple tree growing by the ditch was littered with yellow apples.
They looks so bright in the drab leaves.


Motorcyclists are still taking advantage of the great weather.


My pansies are still blooming.

It is colder today and I think we may be at the end of our nice fall weather.
The prairies are very cold and there is a lot of snow for parts of Alberta
as well as other areas of the country.  I guess it has to come at some point.

I'm baking a black forest cake for a dessert theatre our choir is hosting
tomorrow night.  I wish I could have a slice when it's done.
Have a lovely evening my friends.

Blessings,

Pamela

13 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, Pamela. Nature is so amazing, that even after your snowfall you still have the bright red berries and pansies. We are having some heavy patches of snow flurries today, but nothing is staying on the ground. Just enough to let us know that it will soon be here. Wishing you a lovely weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like your new "header"--I saw something similar to what you have on "our" brass candlesticks (I have the same or very similar, they were my mom's.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I wish I could have a slice of that cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    Beautiful photos!
    I have never made a Black Forest Cake...
    Are they hard to make? I know they taste amazing!
    Have a great weekend!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fall has been so unpredictable. I actually have roses blooming. But it's getting cold here as well. Lovely photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela
    The photos are beautiful. Your fall is hanging on longer than ours did. It's been rainy/snowy-
    yucky here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let us keep hanging on! It's quite chilly today, but we still have hope of warmer temps again over the weekend. Pam, you take the most lovely photos. Those berries against the shingles...way lovely and the golden apples in the grass. Well, all of it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela! Oh, more beautiful shots. The wood to the left side of that tree look like grave markers! :) Yummy, your cake sounds so good! I'm sure everyone will enjoy it!
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours are so beautiful - your shots are great!
    We had snow here today. The climate has gone crazy when there's snow on the Island in November.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours of fall are so beautiful. I think it's my favourite time of the year.
    We had a dusting of snow overnight. Looks pretty. But thank heaven it will be gone as the day goes by. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. November is still beautiful isn't it! I love how getting out with the camera makes us pay attention to the details of this beauty! We are on a 'path' for lack of better words for motorcyclists when they're traveling - during the summer it sounds like a long drone!
    Hope your day goes well,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos, Pamela. I love the texture of the shingles! It's been so windy here lately that the leaves are mostly gone now. Not much fall beauty to be seen now. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello dear Pamela,
    Your area is so pretty, I really want to come and see you one day and enjoy your lovely country side.
    Winter has descended upon us here on the Prairies! Yesterday the grass was brilliantly green and the apple tree was finally losing it's leaves and today there is probably four or five centimeters of snow on the ground and the snow is still falling.
    It is SO beautiful!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...