autumn splendour

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

it was a frosty, foggy, snowy morning a year ago

A year ago today I went for a drive to take photos of the morning frost and snow down by the river.

There was a hoar frost that morning but down by the river there was a beautiful fog lifting.  I wanted to share these photos with you again as at that time, being a relatively new blogger, I only had a few followers and most of you didn't get to see these then. 

We had  quite a snowfall a few days before that and a couple weeks or so after I took these photos we got 100 mm of rain in one day which caused serious flooding and millions of dollars in damage to roads, homes and properties.  It was quite devastating for those affected.

However, nature can be beautiful as well as terrible.  These photos show her beauty.  I hope you enjoy them.

I haven't edited these photos in any way.  This is what I saw through my camera lens.

There was a skim of ice on the water in the marina.  By January the river is about 18 inches thick. 
 Thick enough for snowmobiles to drive on it.


Canada geese swimming across the water to the other side. Can you see it through
the fog at the top?


Along the shoreline.


The snowmobile trail up through the woods from the river.

Today, November 30, 2011, the temperature will go up to about 15 C (58F)
and it is raining.   A far cry from the same date last year.

I'm joining Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for


I am also joining, for the first time,


Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,

Pamela

16 comments:

  1. What a difference a year makes. Lovely photos...my favorite the pattern of the wakes that the geese are making as they move across the water.

    (Our snow is officially g.o.n.e. Crazy weather. We are NOT complaining. If John gets the front of the house done, perhaps the colder weather will arrive. We're beginning to think that God is making a way for it to happen easily.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela,

    Love the fog and the snow...
    Beautiful photos!
    All that rain turned into snow last night, so far everything is white!!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are spectacular photos. Thanks for re-posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beauty! I love the shot of the geese. I can't imagine that kind of cold every year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos...love the geese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Pamela
    Such beautiful scenery from last year and now look at us! We had pouring rain all day yesterday and woke up to a white world this morning. I heard about the balmy weather out east this morning on BT. Hold off on digging your shorts out again. LOL
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I get a chill just looking at that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! Isn't amazing how warm it is today. We have had a bit of rain here, but the next few days are suppose to be sunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pics. Your pictures show that winter is in the air! Love them. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pamela
    What great photos. I seldom see hoar frost here.
    Our weather is much warmer this year than last year also. I'm way overdo for real snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela...
    Your pictures are gorgeous... Winter is alway so lovely to look at , even if it is early snowfall....Thanks for sharing...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. so glad you dropped by to visit so I could find you - enjoyed seeing your pictures. They are beautiful. I cannot imagine living in an area with that much snow & ice. We did have a beautiful snow here in February of this year. About 6 inches! Don't laugh!!! That's alot for MS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some beautiful photos, Pamela! I think frost makes everything so beautiful. It does look cold, tho! I'm not ready for it, but I know winter weather will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your winter shots, they are so minimal, but reflect the cold so perfectly!
    Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These images are gorgeous...get me excited for snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, Pamela, these are wonderful captures, I absolutely LOVE the 1st 2 shots... that top one is fantabulous & I love the hint of trees thru the fog at the top of the 2nd! WoW! I'm so glad you decided to re-post them =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...