summer time

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas around the house

The shelf over the kitchen window.

The tree is up and decorated and the house is all festive with it's Christmas finery
placed here and there in the kitchen, living and dining rooms.



Our new kitchen cabinets with the display shelf over the window and sink.


This is McSanta and his wee dog, Scottie. :)


This candle is burned half way down now.  Love it!


This little tree I got at Home Sense a few years ago.  I have
LED battery operated lights on it.  It sits in a 1 gallon crock.
The tree in the background in the dining room is in a 2 gallon crock.


This is a vintage Santa face from the 50's that I put on the mini tree top.


Our living room and Christmas tree.


The ornaments are a mix of vintage glass balls, new sparkley ornaments,
crochet snowflakes and icicles.

A sampling of the ornaments.



Dining room china cabinet.


The top of the drop leaf table.  Notice anything new??
Hint.  Pink and aqua.  Yep.  Two new Putz houses!  Aren't they pretty?
I have enough to do a village now so maybe next year I'll set one up.
I hope you enjoyed the Christmas tour of our little home.
I'm joining Debra for Vintage Inspiration Friday.

We had a bit of wet snow here this morning to cover the green grass and
it's going to be colder this weekend so it may just stay a few days.

Enjoy the day!

Blessings,

Pamela


15 comments:

  1. More putz houses! So sweet. I'm so glad you wrote that post about them! It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty. I love your vintage ornaments and the trees in the crocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your santa cup! i have one too & it's one of my favorite pieces in my christmas decor to display! coming over from common ground to say hello!
    oxox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet you're really enjoying decorating your new kitchen for the first time. It all looks lovely and I just love your big, festive tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas house is simply beautiful Pamela. Isn't this time of the year so exciting, everything sparkles. Love the ornaments...I am an ornament collector so I love to see what others have on their trees. Well done my friend. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Everything is gorgeous! Love the shelf in the kitchen. I have a Yankee candle burning too! Your tree is so traditional and timeless. Warms the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so lovely. You must love having that shelf above the kitchen window to decorate! I also really like the trees in crocks...way cute. Oh I'd be very content to have some tea and chat the afternoon away with you. Your living room window is so nice and there must be a wonderful view of the snow and trees.

    I was shocked to learn about all the snow and power outtages in the Maritimes. I even heard that PEI was closed off from the mainland for a while. We are still not ready for snow...house is still not quite there...but I know that everyone else is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is beautiful and Christmasy! I love your tree and ornaments. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela, your new kitchen is Gorgeous! I want one so badly (and a mudroom) and love the way yours looks. Trouble is, we're do-it-yourselfers and where will I cook while construction is going on? I guess there's always the basement, lol.

    Your home is so beautiful, love all the ornaments and the new little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela! Oh, I love all of your Christmas decor! Your china cabinet is gorgeous!
    Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela
    Your whole house looks lovely!
    McSanta is my favorite, of course.
    I'm lovin those new kitchen cabinets too.
    Take care-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  12. You home is ready for Christmas and like the atmohere your decor creates .I love your vintage ornaments . Enjoy a warm and gentle season !

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely Christmas Tree in the living room -- and all the other sweet decorations..the 50's orament is way cool..
    Hugs from Cabo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks beautiful and ready for Christmas. Your tree is so welcoming sitting in the living room just waiting for a gift. Yes I noticed the pink and teal little houses. Also the Christmas Card, reminds me to get moving on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your place looks so cozy and warm for the Christmas season! Great job on the tree pics!! Have a wonderful Sunday Pamela.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...