spring hope

Thursday, December 15, 2011

eight more sleeps


It finally snowed here this morning.  5 whole centimeters!

It looks so pretty.


Can you see the snowflakes falling against the tree bark?

Too bad it's now turned to freezing rain and will be raining tonight and tomorrow.

I expect the 5 cm. of snow will be mostly gone by this time tomorrow.

So, are you wondering why I titled this post 8 more sleeps?  No, I didn't make a mistake in the
 number of sleeps until Christmas.  Because.... it's 8 more sleeps until we see Mr. Precious.



As I was having my morning tea by the Christmas tree I realized it's only a week until
we fly to Alberta (in Canada's west) for Christmas with our daughter,
son-in-law and grandson.
Lord willing.

You see.  My dear mother-in-law is not well.  She is 94, in a nursing home, has
dementia and doesn't know us, and her heart is getting weaker everyday.  It's just
a matter of time and God's will.  We are waiting and wondering if, when, how.

So, I'm sort of going ahead with our plans to go away but in the back of my mind I'm holding
back my excitement  - just in case.  It's an awful feeling.
I don't know how to pray for I feel selfish.  So, I pray for God's will as He knows
our hearts and what is best for us.

 I hope to be shopping tomorrow.  I'd like to finish my gift buying but I have 2 appointments
and errands too.  A busy day. 

It is now raining and blowing outside.  It's going to be a nasty night.
We have choir and band practice tonight at church for our Christmas music night on Sunday.
It's always a beautiful night of worship, awesome music and of course, a time of
fellowship afterwards (food!).

Lord willing.

I hope your day is going well.

Blessings,

Pamela

This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela,
    Oh lucky you!! The snow is beautiful!! Good luck on your Christmas trip to see Mr. Precious:-))
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel your angst...I think that's the word. It's good to know God has our days perfectly numbered, and that includes the working out of the details for those around us. I hope it works out for you to go ahead with your plans. I love that you use Lord Willing, I do often in my writing about plans, because in deed, it is all according to as He wills. My family has always used "D.V." in their writing, which is the Latin for God Willing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that certainly is being tugged in two directions. I will be thinking of you and praying for your mother-in-law and the travel plans and I think I'll pray, if you don't mind, that you are able to go and that your husband's dear mother will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you, dear friend, I have lived through those days. We have had two different Christmases with very sick members of the family. But God is faithful. So sorry to see that your snow is going away already. It finally snow a couple of cm last night, it's supposed to snow again tomorrow. We had lots of green spots before this tiny snowfall.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Pamela,
    Yes, the snow's pretty but as long as my hubby has to work out in it, I would rather it never came!

    As for your travel plans, I'm certain the Lord has all those details worked out according to His will for all concerned. That's a priviledge we Christians can enjoy. We are blessed people!

    Merry Christmas my friend,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela,

    Beautiful photos of snow...I wish we had some!
    I hope you have a safe outing tonight in all of that nasty weather...It was so mild here today at the Toronto Airport it was 15...
    Have a great weekend!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela
    You had me panicked there for a minute! I bet you are counting the days until you can see your little guy again!
    I'll be praying for your situation too. It is hard, I'm sure. I do hope you can go though.
    The snow looks great. We are supposed to get some for the next three days. I have my fingers crossed!
    Take care-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a family member suffering from dementia and I know how hard that is. I do hope you make it Pamela. I will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...