autumn splendour

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saturday




Baking cookies again.  Like we need more of them in the freezer.
These are Peanut Blossoms.  Basically a rolled into a ball, rolled in sugar
cookie with a Hersey's kiss plopped on top while hot from the oven.
I was disappointed that they didn't turn out like ones I had purchased at
a bake sale recently but they are edible.

The reipe is from Jean Pare's Company's Coming Cookie Jar Favorites.


The messy kitchen with the noon hour sun shining in on the dirty dishes.

Just keeping it real.



Help yourself to a cookie or two please!


Our son was over with his dog, Buckley. Our dog, Marshall
is giving him kisses.

It's sunny and cold here today.  No snow anywhere.  Well,
except on Crabbe Mountain 20 minutes north of here.
They are open for skiing and snowboarding now with real and
man-made snow.  It's a great little hill but my skiing days are over.

So, we're having a lazy day because tomorrow is Sunday and we will be
at church most of the day.  Our Christmas music night is at 6:00 and
we have practice at 4:00 so it will be a quick trip home for lunch then back out again.

The band is doing "Carol of the Bells" by the Trans Siberian Orchestra again this year.
They were amazing last year.
Also, they are doing "The Little Drummer Boy" with one of our drummers
doing an awesome solo part on a drum.

That's all for today.  Saturday.  One week before Christmas Eve.

What are you doing this day?

Enjoy!

Blessings,

Pamela




16 comments:

  1. Those look good!
    I have really fond memories of the concert in our church from my childhood. We used to have a great concert and the Little Drummer Boy was always a favourite.
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually your cookies look very good to me! I bet you are enjoying baking in your new kitchen this Christmas! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look yummy! I just finished a triple batch of gingerbread cookies and a batch of sugar cookies. Have you ever gone to Moncton for the Living Christmas Tree? A friend of mine loves to go, but I have never gone! Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    What a nice sunny spot to work in the kitchen. Your cookies look great...I'm sure nobody will complain when they try one!
    My baking island today looks like a potters bench, making more flower arrangements for the house!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wrapping, getting groceries and trying to check things off my list. I make peanut blossoms every year too...my kids just love them. Unlike you though mine aren't baked yet! Hopefully soon...have a good day tomorrow. It sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a lovely day today and tomorrow Pamela!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wrapping and then stoking the fire, by turns. It's been a cosy sort of day - no baking though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The peanut blossoms look really good. I haven't done any baking yet but hope to get to it soon. I'm going to cut back on the sweets this year because it seems like everyone is weight watching!
    Today was spent in putting away clutter, cleaning out the refrigerator, and the usual chores.
    Enjoy your Sunday and music night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela
    Carol of the Bells is one of my favorite Christmas songs! I'd love to see your performance.
    No snow here yet either. They say a chance of freezing rain tomorrow. No thanks!
    Those peanut blossoms sure look yummy. I will start my family cookies/candies Monday.
    Enjoy your Sunday-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela
    The cookies look yummy; I've baked very little this year.
    We spent Saturday in a community north of us to watch one of our granddaughters play in a volleyball tournament.
    The church recital sounds wonderful.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those cookies!
    Hope you enjoy a lovely Sunday with beautiful music.We had our church community Christmas concert last night.

    Wishing you all the joys and blessings of the season!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy cookies, I can tell from the ease of these this is exactly what I made a week ago. Love sun and anywhere it wants to come in at this time of year is ok with me. I hope you enjoyed the concert. This weekend we went beachcombing and finished three blog entries on my craft blog at http://scrapandwrap.ca/ I would love it if you stopped by. We are off to North Rustico to see the lights. Have a great evening ~ cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This cookies look great, I have another recipe for the kids, They're coming for C'mas so I got to get moving with the baking and cooking. Merry Christmas to all of you and thanks for your kind visit sweet lady. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I could reach out and take you up on your kind offer, believe me I would. Those cookies look so yummy. Your kitchen looks more cozy than messy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you most likely had a wonderful day, I would love to have heard "Carol of the Bells". My daughter sang that one year, so beautiful!
    No snow, I'm glad you are going to be in Alberta. My sister is going to her kids place in Ft. St. John, which is up north and not far from the Alberta border. She told me that they are losing their early snow, it has been so warm there.
    Your cookies look delish! And your kitchen looks wonderful!!! I love a cooked in or baked in, as the case may be, looking kitchen.
    Merry Christmas to you, my sweet friend. Thanks for being my Canadian friend, I have loved getting to know you.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cookies look delicious! "Carol of the Bells" is amiong my favorite Christmas songs ..the harmony gives me happy chills :)

    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...