summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Thursday, December 1, 2011

tiny sparkly houses

Fellow blogger Alison, of The Polohouse (she lives in a beautifully decorated former vintage polo barn and stable!), did a post the other day on Putz houses ~ those tiny, sparkly houses made of cardboard that were very popular in the 40's and 50's.  They are a collectable now and can be pricey. 

This is a new house that I purchased yesterday.

The antique store where I bought them has quite a few from the 50's
and also some from the 70's which aren't nearly as pretty.


This is the second one I bought - a church. I love it's pink roof.


This one is really fancy with a fan back and lots of glitter and trees.


This house is larger and the cellophane door and window are broken
but it has lots of glitter and character with it's bottle brush tree.


This church and house are for hanging on the tree. They are about 2 1/2 inches tall.


This is another tiny one which is more of an open stall with a plastic Santa strolling by.


This vintage medicine cabinet holds my tiny houses, trees and other
vintage ornaments.


The shelf above the kitchen window.

I'll show you more of it soon.

I am joining Deb for Vintage Inspiration Friday
I've been over taking a peek and it's wonderful!

I hope you'll check out Alison's blog post about the Putz houses.
 
I'm going to a friend's home for tea this afternoon.  :)
I hope you have a lovely day.

Blessings,

Pamela

20 comments:

  1. Oh my! Who would have guessed! That takes me right back to the mantle over the fireplace in my childhood home. How much we look at things with wonder as children so it is well cemented in my mind. TOO BAD my mom got rid of it. I think ours was a little white stable. I love your collection and how you have them displayed. What a wonderful post this morning. Good memories warm our hearts and you've brought me one today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela,
    What a great collection you have started...
    The little houses are so sweet!
    So much fun to display.
    Have a great day today!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little collection, and I like how you've displayed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela! Oh, these little houses are just darling! I had a couple very similar to these when I was little. Wish I had them now!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your sparkling decorated houses, something about old that just signifies Christmas and hand me downs :-) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela, I love these little houses! I remember them from my childhood, my aunt had quite the collection. I always wondered how hard they would be to replicate? It would be fun to make a little scene of your own home, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful collection of little houses. I've got a collection of ceramic ones that I'll have to get out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those glittery little houses. I almost bought one last year for Christmas...it was pink! Your collection just looks so sweet and cheerfully vintage. Takes me back...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your little Putz houses. I have seen so many of them everywhere and I don't think I have seen any in real life!
    Your are gorgeous!!!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your houses and decorations are all so wonderful. Love the little houses with glitter especially. Thanks for your visit to my blog. I loved visiting you too.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so cute! I have never seen vintage ones here.
    I love your foggy shots!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those sparkly little houses! You have a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I grew up with this lovely Christmas village and a wonderful crèche de Noël...cannot remember what we call that in English. Anyway, these little houses flood my memories at this time of year.
    Pam, it is snowing here, what about there?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pamela, thanks for visiting my post on my Putz House collection... yours are darling... you will want more and more and more!... everything looks just beautiful!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember my Mom having these houses when I was a child...such sweet memories. You have a beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a child my favorite ornament was the little sparkly house and church my mom had. They were like the ones in your 5th picture. They now rest on my tree. They still make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pamela
    I remember these, my mother would make a little village under the Christmas tree with them every year. I'm sure they are long gone in the trash. :-(
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  18. The houses are all so sweet! I got some on Ebay, but they aren't as in good shape. I am keeping them for me, so I will refurbish them some.
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are wonderful Pamela.

    I have a few similar houses. I haven't put them out yet. They are home and we are at the lake or I would go get them right now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great collection of Christmas houses you have . They are so adorable !
    Thank you for your visit and kind comment. Enjoy the season !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...