summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Hello my dear friends.

I'm just popping in briefly to say hi as it's been a while. 

We've been away for over a week visiting our daughter and her family in Alberta for Christmas.  We just got home late last night at 1:00 in the morning.  We had a wonderful time visiting with them and enjoyed our sweet grandson, Ewan, so much!  Christmas was lovely and the weather, which is usually very cold, was unseasonably mild.  Wouldn't you know I took too many cold weather clothes!  :)

Today our day started with a phone call at 6:30 in the morning.  One of 'those' calls that you don't want to get.  My mother-in-law had just passed away a bit earlier after a period of failing health.  She is now gone to be with Jesus and her loved ones who have gone on before her.  We said our good byes before we went away not knowing when she'd be called home but trusting in God's will and perfect timing.  And, how perfect it was!

Our daughter and her family are arriving within the hour on the very flight we came in on last night.  I think Ewan will be quite confused to see us here after we just left him at his house yesterday at noon!  God is so good isn't he?  We flew across the country yesterday and they have today.

So our new year will start off with a sad note as we say good-bye to a wonderful mother, grandmother and mother-in-law.  We wouldn't wish her back at the age of 94 but there is an empty spot in our hearts and lives with her gone.  Clara's 'going away party' is on Tuesday.  (I love that song by Jeff and Sherri Easter)


Clara, Murray and Ewan ~ September 2010

I wish each and every one of you many blessings for a healthy, happy and prosperous 2012!

I will be back blogging soon.  I've missed seeing all your posts but try to peek in once in a while.  The family will be here all week so I doubt I'll get a chance.  I'll be enjoying our family, celebrating the 'home going' of a loved one and playing with Ewan!

Happy New Year!

God bless you!

Love and hugs,

Pamela

15 comments:

  1. Oh the Lord is just so good. His timing is perfect and we can trust Him with the details. Mere mortals could not have planned this, could they? How wonderful to know that your darling's mother is safely home, young again, no pain, no confusion. It's all good. Of course, you will all feel the loss and that only means that she was well loved. Don't worry about getting back here... we'll keep the light on for you. Such a busy time for you all...

    May 2012 be filled with God's richest blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your loss. I started 2011 just this way, with the loss of my father. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear of the loss in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your loss but I know you had told me it was expected. Ju North (http://ju-north.blogspot.com/) has just lost her mother of about the same age.May your mother in law rest in peace. I know you have a photo of the four generations together, what a lovely memory.

    God bless you and the family, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mother in law waited until you were on the ground to leave this earth - such blessed timing.
    It's lovely that your daughter can be with you as you celebrate her grandmother's life - to reminisce, to laugh, to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My condolences to you and your husband for the loss of his mother. She lived a long life and I can only hope to live as long as her. My prayers are with you and your family. Enjoy your grandson this week. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss - but what an amazing age to reach. It is obvious this dear lady was much loved by her wonderful family.

    Glad you were able to enjoy your Christmas in Alberta before having this sadness - my thoughts are with you all.

    Blessings for the New Year - will look forward to you coming back to share your photos and news soon.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a blessed reassurance we have of being reunited again one day! Thinking of you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear of your loss, but it is so good to know of her future and the joy she must be experiencing. May you have a blessed time celebrating her life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everytime I read of a friend who has lost a loving parent at an advanced age, it brings me to tears kowing that time is not far off for us as well. Sending me deepest sympathy! Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God is so good, you had a wonderful time away and were able to get home just in time. I am very glad for that. I know it's hard to lose someone that you love, but it is such a good thing for her.
    God bless you and your family, enjoy them this week, my dear friend.
    Happy New Year!
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the New Year will be filled with many blessings for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Pamela
    Sorry to hear of your loss but I'm sure the dear lady lived a full life to reach 94. Wishing you happy memories of time spent with her.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending love and sympathy Pamela - I know your dear mother in law will be missed in your family circle. Thinking of you as you say goodbye today. What a joy to know that you will meet again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My thoughts are with you. What a long life she lived. I am sure that you will cherish all your wonderful memories. I am glad that you got away to spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...