summer time

Thursday, February 9, 2012

I've unlocked the mystery


I've unlocked the mystery of all this blogger business.

I think!

I would like to thank you, my dear readers, for your helpful
comments yesterday regarding the dilema I 'thought' I was in.

I panicked when I thought I'd be losing all my followers.

I didn't read the information out there carefully and
as a result jumped to conclusions.

I even scared some of you!
(I'm so sorry)

So, I guess we on Blogger don't have to move everything
over to another provider like Linky. 
Only those who are not using Blogger have to.
However, it's my understanding that if we want to continue
following those certain favorite blogs we have to join
the Linky Followers on their blog so they can stay in
touch and I'm assuming we need to have the Linky Followers
on our sidebar so others will know.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I did finally manage to get the Linky Followers up and
running and on my sidebar.
Talk about frustrating!
There is so much I still don't know or understand but,
everything is okay for now.

I hope there aren't anymore changes coming don't you?

Take care my friends.

Blessings to you!

Pamela

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did the research and thanks for confirming our theory. It is interesting about not being able to follow other non blogger sites. I wonder just what's up with that and what is going on in the internet world with all these changes coming in the next month or two,. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can hope...knowing full well that change is inevitable. =) Well, you just shared things that I had no idea about so I will have to do more reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it is not just me getting confused. I started setting up a Linky account, and the screen froze part way through. It now thinks my email address is connected to an account, so won't let me use it, but because I don't have an account, I can't cancel it either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old keys Pamela. So glad you unlocked the mysteries of Linky followers. Sometimes when new things appear it takes awhile for all the kinks to be worked out. Google seems to want to move in the direction of a social network. I keep my own list of favourites

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Linda from CG. I've book marked my favourites and if the Google followers disappears I won't be affected.
    It's worrying about how many followers one has that has gotten some bloggers down, especially when people stop following you!
    And, I don't like change. :-)
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're saying that blogger is phasing out their follower, so the new linky follower will be the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just impossible to keep up with all these changes isn't it? I'm so swamped with stuff I SHOULD being doing just to backup pics before I crash the hard drive, and other computer housekeeping things, and here I sit having fun just posting because that's the only part I truly enjoy, other than reading nice blogs and trying to keep up with commenting!!!!

    I know nothing about this new change for Followers - guess I's better get off my you-know-what and go back to computer school!!! Ugh!

    Mary X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I'm confused...it doesn't take much...really.

    Guess I'm gonna have to educate myself on this change. Golly Jeepers...I'm old...don't do change well. Heeehehehe!

    Loved that picture sweetie, you play with your camera well.

    God bless ya and have a fantabulous weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela! Love this photo and the old keys! It's incredibly frustrating and time consuming to keep up with all the changes. I hope it's sorted out for you and all goes well. I have not put a lot of time into researching this particular change but had better fast.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the info you found. I have a question for you. I sucessfully got linky on my sidebar, but does this mean we have to post to it somehow when we post our blog? I only am using it for followers I have that don't have blogger. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...