red and white Christmas

Sunday, February 19, 2012

wishful thinking



something new



I found this cushion at Winners the other day
and thought I'd try it out.
I love the French address and the bit of red
matches the red stripe in the chair.



I also found a nice plate holder that can hold up to
three or 4 plates.  I only have 2 in greens right now.
The tin box also has French postal writing on it.
Of course, I love roses and all flowering things.



The tray on my coffee table has some 'new' things to
change it up for a late winter/early spring look.
(with faux tulips ~ the real ones died)

Even though spring is a long way off and there is still
lots of snow on the ground I've put away all things
snow related.  The snowflake placemats and dishes
will be kept in the cupboard and the votive holders
and wreath with snowflakes on them are put away.

I'm ready for spring!

~ Wishful thinking. ~

The snow will be here for at least 6 more weeks.

But, I'm thinking spring in my mind and am ready for
it ~ at least in the house.

How about you?
Especially my Canadian friends.

Have you started some spring decorating?
Have you put the snowmen and such back in the closet
or do you wait until the official first day of spring?

That reminds me.  I need to take down my Christmas wreaths!


Have a great day everyone!

Blessings,

Pamela






11 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Pamela! All the snowmen went away this week! Bring on spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finds! I love the multi plate rack.
    Thanks for stopping by and am very happy to share that WV free button!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too put away the winter related items and set up some garden related items. Spring is only 30 days away. Here in my part of Ontario we have hardly any snow and the weather has been changeable every couple of days. We just went a couple of days of snow flurries, which disappeared in the afternoons when the sun came out. The middle of next week is to reach +5 Celsius, which will be wonderful. Perhaps I'll feel inclined to get out and take some new photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new things are lovely. I am intrigued with the plate holder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Second comment try. I love the pillow, and the chair. I may have the same bowl as the one in the last photo. What is the pattern? Here we go, I think itbis going to work. If I go back to correct that one word it will boot me off so I am sending this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking to see if there is a problem leaving a comment here. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela
    Sweet pillow! Something new is just what's needed
    to chase away winter's longness.
    I just realized I still have snowflakes hanging
    in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel a bit of spring fever, too, though I can't imagine why...it's only February! I put all the snowflakes away last week. Still have a couple of tenacious poinsettias, though.

    Lovely finds...sweet pillow and I can't tell how your plates are standing up, which is a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have put away all things snow related, but I haven't put away the large ornaments that I put in my window boxes. They are still decorating them along with the lights. They will all get put away here shortly.
    Your new additions are beautiful and fit in perfectly. I like them very much.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even out here, in Lotus Land, spring is still a tantalising way away. Today I took all the greenery out of urns and window boxes in preparation for the big flat of primulas and pansies that are waiting on the veranda. I thought I'd get around to planting today, but ran out of time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela,
    I love your new pillow!
    We're ready for Spring here in Maine too:-)
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...