summer time

Sunday, March 18, 2012

sunny Sunday




It was a glorious sunny and very warm weekend here.
It was 19 C. today! 

My friend, her 2 children and I went to
Kings Landing Historical Settlement
this sunny Sunday afternoon as it was Sugarbush Weekend.

This lady was sitting in a sunny window and teaching children
how to knit a dishcloth.

I like the play of sunlight on her dress, hands and the cloth.


the water was flowing and there was mud everywhere

I'm joining with Sunlit Sunday # 11
at My Little Home and Garden.

I'll be posting more photos of our afternoon at
Kings Landing later in the week.

Don't forget that Sandi is hosting a Spring Tea
for Tea Time Tuesday starting Monday.

~ And ~

Vee is hosting a Greeting Card Party on Wednesday.
To join choose 4 of your favorite photos you would
use as a greeting card and post it on her linky.

The links for these are on my sidebar.
I'll be joining both of these parties.
See you soon!

Blessings,

Pamela




12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon. I love the first photo, so old-fashioned and homey.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, I'll look forward to more of your photos of this settlement. Thank you for linking to Sunlit Sunday. There is something rather touching in the first photo as the older woman teaches a child how to knit.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Kings Landing Historical Settlement is a wonderful place. I love the photo of the woman knitting ... beautiful. The second shot of Kings Landing is just as beautiful ... in a very different way. It will be fun to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunny window takes me back in time--to my grandmother's house--and that is good thing--and a very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't it wonderful today?

    I had no idea that KLHS was open at this time of year. Very cool! What a great photo that is of the woman knitting at the window. Good light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the first picture of the woman teaching the children to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, I can remember your visit there last year, how time has flown!!!Pleased to see your weather is improving!! Have a good week, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your sunlight pics. And how sweet to see a visual of a grandma teaching a younger one to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to spend a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Know that was an enjoyable visit - and I love it when people teach children (both girls and boys) to knit - or sew - or cook etc. Too many never have the chance any longer to learn these beautiful old skills.

    Off soon - will try to keep in touch on the blog.
    Warm hugs - enjoy your Spring thaw and hopefully no more snow! Your pics are gorgeous Pamela.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog while "blog hopping" and was thrilled to see all of your pictures from Kings Landing and the dam. I live in Maine and we went to King Landing once when I was around 10, but only have one picture from that day, so these brought back so many wonderful memories. Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...