summer 2016

Thursday, March 15, 2012

vintage finds




While in Moncton last week we visited my favorite
antiques shop - Boutique Recycl' Art & Antiques.
{www.recyclartandantiques.com}

They are in the old corner store I used to frequent as
a child on my way to and from school.

I found this sweet little ironstone pitcher.

I love it!


Medicine Hat Pottery mug

Hubby found this gorgeous aqua mug for me.
It's in good condition and you can see the red colour
of the clay showing in spots.
It is made by Medicine Hat Pottery.


stamp on the bottom

The Medicine Hat Pottery was formed in 1912 in
Medicine Hat, Alberta.  Three years later the name
was changed to Medalta Potteries Limited.
This company made most of the ceramics sold in Canada
for nearly a century, from dishware to lamps to crocks.
The last pottery closed in 1989 and the buildings
are now heritage sites.

Does anyone have any idea what year this mug was made?
I couldn't find any link to the stamp on the bottom of it
and I think some of my Canadian bloggers might
be able to help me.



I love this gorgeous green glass juicer!
It has a few chips in the rim but I love the colour.

                   

 


This old flatware is in bad shape.  Some of it is bent and dinged
and the finish is all but gone. 
I'm not sure what to do with it.  I've seen wind chimes made
from old silver but I don't think this will make a pretty sound.
I've also seen plant markers stamped with plant names
using old silver but I'd need a tap and dye set with letters
to do that. 
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?


I found this at HomeSense.


I've been looking for something to hang on the end of
the wall by the fridge.  I didn't want to put a nail in the
wall so what I needed was something light weight to
hang from one of those Command strips.  If I want to
remove it there won't be any holes!  :)



It's made of metal so I stuck on some of those plastic
round door stoppers on the back so it wouldn't slide
and scratch the paint.  It's a perfect size and I love the
birds and eggs for spring/summer.  I hope I can find
one for winter.  It was only $5.99!

Well, that is all my great 'finds' from last week. 

I'm going to join Kathy at "A Delightsome Life"
for Home & Garden Thursday.  Today's theme is
Thrifting/Crafting.





Blessings,

Pamela








        

19 comments:

  1. Oh you have done well....funny thing about the Medalta, my Dad, and Uncles were some of the biggest collectors of it years ago. Apparently they had um.... cornered the market, and then it went wild. It's not so in demand now as before which is probably why you can find some.

    I will try and ask him if he can date the cup. But he doesn't have a computer, so it might take a while. Or maybe I can get a name for you to contact.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Pamela, I love that mug, such a great color, eh? The old silver is great, I'm afraid I have no ideas, try Pinterest you may find something there.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pamela ~ what wonderful finds. The medicine hat pottery is such a beautiful aqua colour. I have used old forks and spoons to create hooks for holding pot holders and a myriad of other things. Bend the handle of the spoon or fork upward to create the hook, then if you are using a fork, bend the prongs of the fork to different lengths to create little curls. They are very cute ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my favorite pitcher shape you got at the antique store. Great finds and Ireally like the wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very interesting series of pictures of your new treasures! I seem to remember my family having one of those green juicers way back when.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela! It's so nice to see your pretty face! :) I love seeing all of your pretties! I love the green juicer! Thanks for popping in tos ee me and I hope your week is going well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds and spring touches . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, Pamela. Of course the ironstone pitcher appeals to me the most, but I can't help loving the pop of green of the cute little juicer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet finds! Your solution for the wall was perfect. I really like the Commando strips. Hope that you find your answer to the mug's age; it is a lovely color, though my favorite of your finds is the white pitcher. Hmmmm...I've been looking for an affordable stamp and die set for about a year now for the very idea you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new treasures! That juicer is a beautiful green!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela
    You did well finding some neat vintage treasures. I like the bird picture from Home Sense.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pamela
    Wow, you had such a great shopping day!
    Your Medicine Hat mug is a beautiful color.
    Do you watch Canadian Pickers? I bet they
    could tell you all about it!
    If you try www.harborfreight.com I know
    they sell the stamping sets you are looking
    for. I've seen the stamped, flattened spoons
    and I love them. I've even seen necklaces made
    with them now. My aunt gave me a chime set with
    the spoons and I like the music it makes, but
    they aren't very load.
    Have a good weekend!
    KImberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that bird picture and the ironstone pitcher, that's a tongue twister! Have you ever used chalkboard spray paint? It might work for the utensils if you want to try using them for plant markers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you certainly found some lovely treasures. I have the same green juicer--chips an all. And I do use it. Works great. I love the little white pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great finds! I love the ironstone pitcher, I've been looking for those myself.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you had a great day antiquing!
    I have two little Medalta crocks and use them to hold flowering plants on the kitchen sill. I love these little pieces of Canadian history.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neat vintage finds! =)

    Thank you for including Landon in your prayers... very much appreciated! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful finds, Pamela. I love the juicer. It reminds me of my Granny. She made the best lemonade with a juicer similar to that one.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome finds, don't you just love antiquing! I think your bird picture beside the fridge looks perfect there! Happy St. Pat's Day! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...