red and white Christmas

Monday, April 16, 2012

westward ho!




daphne in bloom in my neighbour's yard


Things are just starting to bloom here in New Brunswick.

I've even seen hints that the forsythia about ready to burst forth.



an old weeping willow tree with new growth


The maples are budding and the poplars have thousands
of fuzzy seed pods hanging on them.

The season of allergies is about to begin.  Achoo!!



we had our first rainbow of the season last week
this view will be green soon and I will have no view

I am headed out west to Alberta on Thursday to visit our daughter,
son-in-law and grandson for almost 2 weeks!

I am excited and a bit anxious as this is the first time
I will be flying alone.  I've considered travelling with assistance.
Ha! 
{prayers appreciated}


an old cedar rail fence entangled with trees and brush


Ewan is now almost 19 months and a really busy little boy.
We have 2 bedrooms to paint ~ Ewan's new big boy room
and the nursery for baby-to-be.
There are flower beds to clean out, walks to be taken, perhaps
a swim at the indoor pool and a trip to the playground.
Phew!  Just talking about it tires me out!

{I really need to get out more!}


old junk tossed along the fence
always wondered what the bottom thing was
something off of farm machinery maybe
decorative art?
possibly


It'll be a busy and fun time with Jennifer.  I will enjoy helping
her out and playing with Ewan.
I will be tuckered out with so much activity.
And I won't be on the computer writing and reading blogs!!

Hey, I might even lose some weight!
Wouldn't that be great?

{that would be a definite plus!}

Speaking of losing weight.  Hubby will be fending for himself
for two weeks.   :-)

daffodils inside and out


I have the feeling the daffodils won't be blooming where I'm going.

The weather in northern Alberta has been up and down (much
like ours) but also cooler.  The long range looks to be in the
mid-teen's celsius (60's F) so it might be quite nice.

I will be missing Vee's note card party on Wednesday as I won't
have time to post and visit around.
Although, some of the above photos would work I guess.
I hope you might visit Vee for her Note Card Party Wednesday.
Her button is on my sidebar.


Hopefully, when I return these trees might have tiny green
leaves on them and the grass will be green and the
forsythia will be blooming and it will be warm.

I will try to visit you when I can while I'm away but
my time will be limited.  It seems as soon as a laptop is opened
Ewan is right there to see what's going on.  lol

{he loves playing with buttons}


standing in his daddy's boots  :-)

Oh how that dear little face makes me smile!


Take care my dear blog friends!
I'll not be posting for a while but will 'see' you all soon.

Blessings to you,

Pamela







28 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip. That little boy is certainly precious and cute. I have no doubt you will be totally tuckered out! Enjoy yourself and when you return I imagine those trees will have more leaves and the grass will be a bit greener.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful trip Pam. Enjoy him while he's little, they grow up far too quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip and rest once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are to have grandchildren and time to visit them. Have a great trip. I'm sure we'll see more of that gorgeous little face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special time with the family will be great. See you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh have a wonderful flight and a blessed time helping your daughter with these special chores. It's going to be great. Do take pictures, though! Have prayed for a safe journey and for your hubby to take good care of himself while you're away. I think he may order a pizza or two. ;>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed all your wonderful shots, Pamela. Have a great trip - Alberta's a gorgeous place (we lived there for 15 years - just west of Calgary). The weather is completely unpredictable - we've experienced a number of 60cm snowfalls in May, and +20C in Jan.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Westward Ho! that is where we are holidaying in the Summer !!
    I know you will have a great time and just think of what will be waiting for you when you land and the flight will be over in no time!!On the return flight, you will have your lovely hubby and friends waiting for you to hear all your news.
    Have a great time, Jackie in Surrey, UK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you will have a fantastic time. Ewan has the sweetest face, he looks rather pleased with himself in his daddy's boots.
    Lovely pics.It is so nice seeing everything coming back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers are beautiful and that's a fantastic rainbow! Wonderful shots! Ewan is a handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As mentioned earlier, you'll be in my thoughts dear as you travel westward - know you'll have a wonderful trip and enjoy the time with your family. Hope hubby manages alone, and cooks better than mine does!!!!

    Love and hugs - take pics and share with us later when you're home again.
    Bon voyage, Mary X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a grand, grand, GRAND time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful time, dear Pamela, and don't worry you will be fine! I have flown by myself many times and I enjoy the time to sit back and read something with no interruptions for hours at a time!
    Our forsythia is blooming and has been for a couple of weeks, I guess we are ahead of you guys season wise.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a wonderful time in Alberta, Pamela. Young Ewan will be thrilled, I bet! Enjoy the flight. There's nothing like a new little adventure now and again.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the rainbow.

    Enjoy your time away, Pamela!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those shots, the fence and rainbows most!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great trip Pamela. Taking a break from computers and blogging is actually refreshing - come visit when you get back.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  18. My forsythia is in full bloom. But my daffodils are not opened yet. Have a wonderful trip, Pamela. Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Pamela and lovely snaps! Have a wonderful trip and that little face makes me smile too! I have you on my blog list now. Blogger is letting me add more blogs! Maybe they heard me saying "poop"! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you are having a wonderful time with that precious little boy..
    Beautiful photos, as always..
    Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you're having a grand time way up there, Pamela. There's nothing like going into full Grandma Mode!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely shots!! I love the blossoms and the rainbow!! I've been chasing rainbows myself over the last 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad you are able to visit with your daughter and family. Enjoy your time with your grandson Pamela, soon there will be two...very exciting. Hope your daughter is feeling fine these days. Praying for a safe trip. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great photos...Wishing you a beautiful trip,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pamela
    I'll be praying for your travels!! I know you're going to have a barrel of fun.
    There is nothing I enjoy more than spending time with my daughter.
    And if you get worn out just rest for a week when you get home.
    Ewan has grown to be quite the big boy-so cute. So when is the new g'baby coming?
    Will you be there? I'm sure you've probably posted on all this, but I've beem MIA
    lately! Thank you for being such a faithful friend at this time of business for me!
    Hugs-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful rainbow picture! And I love your fences post! I hope you are having a wonderful time away! I just got back myself!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I want to follow but I dont see twitter or facebook in here??

    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...