Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

pink party squares




pink party squares


These are the squares we had for our tea the other day
and I thought you might like the recipe.




Pink Party Squares

1.  In a medium saucepan, cook and stir over low heat:
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
Cook until it is smooth and butter is melted.
Remove from heat and add 2 cups of graham crumbs and mix well.
Press this mixture into a greased 8x8 pan.
Refrigerate.

2.  In a bowl, mix 1 - 8 ounce bag of dessicated coconut
with half a can of sweetened condensed milk.  Pour over
the crumb base.  Refrigerate until firm.

3.  Frosting:  2 cups of icing (powdered) sugar
1/4 cup butter
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
drop of red (or green) food colouring
Mix all together until smooth adding drops of milk
if needed for the desired consistency.
Frost the squares once they are firm.

I keep these in the fridge as the center filling tends to run
in the warm air (see picture).

They are ooey gooey good and I hope you enjoy them!




I hope you are having a great week.

Blessings,
Pamela




7 comments:

  1. And no baking?! Yay! Thanks for the recipe...they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious but if I made them I would eat them all myself. And that's too much sugar for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those squares - way too much to make them :) I need a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cakes look delicious and your tea party, previous post, looks simply wonderful! Your teacups are pretty and I too enjoy using a variety of teacups. Your guests are lovely and the table is beautiful! And I guess a "happy birthday" greeting is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Pam . . . I will let you know when I make them! Look so yummy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you posted the recipe! When I saw them on your previous post I thought they look perfect for a tea party. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...