summer time

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

introducing our new grandson




The table centerpiece for Eli's baby shower.
My brother had that same drum.


Hi Everyone!

I'm back from my visit to meet our new grandson, Eli.

I had a wonderful time and it was hard to leave my family
behind and head back home even though I missed my
hubby (and he missed me.  a lot!).



Here is Eli.


Isn't he just precious?


He was born on his mama's birthday and weighed 6 lb. 10 oz.


I arrived 2 days after he was born so it was special to see him
so new.  




~love~









Big brother, Ewan, is quite pleased with the new addition
to the family.  Most of the time.  He loves to give him kisses.
He is such a delight and so cute.






I am a very proud Grammie (Gaga) and can't wait for Grampie
to meet this little one.



Our beautiful family.

Jennifer, Matthew, Eli and Ewan




I arrived home at 2:30 am this morning due to a flight delay and couldn't get to sleep after unpacking.  I even sat up with Murray at 5:00 am while he had his breakfast!  (I never do that)  I finally dozed off around 6:00 and slept until 8:30 and I'm still going at 10:00 pm.

My sister, Margaret, is arriving on the same late flight Thursday
night (Friday morning) so I've been cleaning and preparing for
her visit.  I hope I sleep tonight because I expect I won't be going
to bed early when she gets here! 
 (We haven't seen each other for six years)


I just want you to know that I've been trying to read your
blogs and keep up but couldn't always comment and the internet was down for 5 days so I lost a lot of time then. Plus, I was busy
helping the new mama and the little ones.  :-D

Now that my sister will be here for over 3 weeks I may not be able
to visit much again.  But, I will try. 

I hope to have some blog posts about our adventures as we travel
and visit around the province.  It's going to be a fun time.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying these last weeks of summer.  I can't believe summer is almost gone can you?

Oh, I have to mention the weather, which is still hot and humid.
It's been an awesome summer although I have to admit the humidity is doing a number on my hair ~ fluffy and frizzy and curly!  It was so much better with the drier air in Alberta! 

That's all for now.  I'll see you soon!
{It's 10:30.  I have to go to bed!}

Blessings,

Pamela












18 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela! Oh, congratulations on that little darling boy! He's so pretty, he looks like a little doll. Big brother is a handsome young man too! I know it must have been hard to leave. I hope you can get some rest and have a great time with your sister.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli is just gorgeous, Pamela! You are fortunate to have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A precious new addition to your family Grandma. Enjoy the visit with your sister and make sure you go out for tea at least once.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely family...
    Your daughter looks like you!!!
    Little Eli is precious...I know exactly how you feel :o)
    Enjoy your sister..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a precious little bundle of joy! He is so sweet and so is his big brother! Get some rest and enjoy your time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling little boy! His brother looks very happy! Congratulations again and enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. You have a lovely family. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela, Congratulations on your new grandson. I thought wow, when I read your post, so similar to situations in my life. My grandson was also 6 pounds 10ozs. and he was born 5 weeks ago. I had to change what the grandchildren will call me as the other Grandmother used the same Nanna, I was thinking Grammie (like you) or Gran. My white hair loves the humid weather and is fluffy,curly and frizzed all summer. Have a fantastic visit with your sister and take care. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. (There's nothing going on at my blog; besides it's all about naming girls. Ha!)

    Darling, darling family, sweet, sweet baby, beautiful brothers, great photo of you and the grands...thank you for the introduction. I can see why it was so difficult to leave and why it was so delightful to meet Eli.

    Have a lot of fun with your sister. Can you imagine all the talking that'll be going on after six years? Wowzer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pamela,
    Oh what a beautiful family. Look at all of that hair on Eli...so sweet. Love the cuddle picture with the two of them. Ewan looks to be a very happy big brother and little boy!
    Have fun with your Sister, I hope you have a great time together!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have the most beautiful family! Just as sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new little grandboy is darling! And so is his big brother! So glad you had a wonderful visit. And lots of fun coming with your sister's arrival. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pamela
    I just amazed with all the things going on in your life that you have any time at all to blog. But I'm so glad you did!
    Your new little Eli is so precious and it looks like big brother Ewan is going to be a big help in watching over him. It is a beautiful family, for sure.
    Have great fun with you sis.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new precious one, he is adorable.

    Have a great visit with your Sister, and don't think about blogging.

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pamela, so glad to know you are safely home despite the delay. I'm sitting here right now in hopes my granddaughter Jasmin gets out of Chicago tonight - her flight is delayed due to a big storm - and she's on her way back here from her Summer holiday in northern Calif. At 15, this was her first trip flying alone - we've always been with her before - so we're praying she gets back tonight, well actually it will be early morning!! DH and I will be heading to the airport to pick her up once we're sure of the time!

    As for those boys, what handsome, sweet little guys......can easily see why you hated to have to leave them. Eli is gorgeous and Ewan has grown up so much.

    Now you'll be busy with a sister you've not seen in so long - doubt there will be much sleeping the first few days at least while you play catch up. Have a fabulous time together - sisters who can do that are so lucky, I don't have any!

    Come back to us when you have more time - we'll be waiting.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrat's on your precious new grandson. Our friends have a wee grandson with the same name.

    Enjoy your time with your sister! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Scrolling through Google Reader I found several unopened posts and beautiful newborn Eli was one of them. Nothing like a newborn in the house. Congratulations . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...