summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

the houses of Waterloo Row






Fredericton is the capital city of New Brunswick.
The historic downtown plat has some beautiful old homes
on it's mature tree lined streets.

Scroll down and enjoy.


This house and the one on the right are some of the oldest and somewhat rundown.
I think they are over 150 years old.




The above homes are not very old but they are beautifully
landscaped with gorgeous flowers and shrubs.


closer up









I love the beautiful manicured shrubbery in front of this house.




This is probably my favorite home along this street as it
looks more like a large cottage.  I love it's wrap around
veranda and broad front steps.




This one is really large.  They must have a great view
of the river from the upper porch.


And speaking of the river.








This is the walking trail on the river side of Waterloo Row.




Above is the Princess Margaret Bridge.  It was name for
the late Princess Margaret, sister of Queen Elizabeth II.
They have been repairing this bridge the past 3 summers.







Beautiful shade trees line the street.





I hope you enjoyed visiting this beautiful street and
seeing some of the lovely homes on it.


I want to thank all of you who left comments on my recent
post about our 35th wedding anniversary.  
You were all so kind and I appreciate every one of your wishes
for us.

I am enjoying my visit with our family and as I am visiting
around blogs today and writing this, Ewan is chattering away
in his bedroom during his afternoon 'nap'.   There's not much
napping going on!  Baby Eli is beautiful and a very good baby.
His mum is doing really well for having given birth just a week ago.


The weather has been sunny and hot here and we have had
several meals on the back patio.  Friends have been very kind 
and brought dinner the past 3 nights.  


I hope you liked seeing the beautiful homes of Waterloo Row.

There are so many beautiful homes in downtown Fredericton.
I will do another post about them soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

Blessings,
Pamela



23 comments:

  1. There is nothing so pretty as a tree-lined street and wonderful old architecture and beautiful gardens. I really liked seeing the flag flying in one front yard...something Canadians don't always do. My favorite is your favorite. That red roof and that gorgeous wrap-around veranda. Can you just imagine the grands on that? What a fine race track it would become. Ha!

    So good to know that your daughter is feeling well and doing good. How wonderful that some meals have been brought in! Such a help and a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pamela! How pretty. I could certainly live there! ;) I love your favorite house too! Love that porch and the red roof. All of the landscaping is just beautiful.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best vacations I've ever taken was to New Brunswick. It's all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I'd love to wander around inside some of these beautiful homes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly where I stayed...love those streets...
    Nice shots, Pamela....enjoy the baby!!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful homes and streets. I would like to see inside some of those houses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fredericton is such a beautiful city. In many ways it reminds me of Kingston and of Victoria too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve the steely blue house with its manicured hedges. You can see that somebody pust a lot of love into those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place! We have a 'Waterloo Road' but it is nothing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic homes! I love the first one. That is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful area, and these are gorgeous houses. A friend in Ontario was recently looking at our house prices and couldn't believe how much we pay. If I convert it the other way, and see what we could get for the same money in Canada, I want to cry!!!
    Glad you are enjoying your visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some really lovely homes along that area Pamela.............I love Victorian styles with turrets (I would want a turret room for my studio!) and cottage styles with the big wrap-around porches - mine is too small to do much but I still love having a little place out front to sit out when the mosquito season is over!!!

    Glad you are having a great time, that Jennifer is well, and that baby Eli has his Grandmother to watch over him while he's still so wee!
    Enjoy each moment.
    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice older homes Pamela and I like your favouite too. How I wish we had a front verandah, let alone a wrap around one. Nice to see the PM bridge getting an overhaul.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful homes in pretty neighbourhoods, I love them. I love seeing photos of the lovely cities that we have here in Canada. Thanks.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never tire of looking at homes. Your photos are beautiful. I just got home from a historic city with pics of old houses on my camera. i can't help myself!

    Hope you are having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pamela.
    What a beautiful and mature residential neighbourhood. The different colours are so refreshing and personal. What a nice walking path to stroll on.
    Everyone sounds well, glad to hear your daughter is doing well.
    Have a great weekend!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, they are beautiful homes and thank you for sharing and showing off the tour. I'm fond of wrap around veranda's as well and red has always been my favourite colour.

    So wonderful it is to have friends or neighbours who just drop by and bring meals, makes a person feel blessed. I'm glad to hear everything is well, and glad you get to visit grandma what a blessing, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures and blog


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it!! I just got back from Fredericton and was soooooo impressed by all the beautiful homes. I only got a chance to snap a few photos but my jaw was in my chin most of the time. Why is it called Waterloo Row?
    It really is a gorgeous city and I would say we will be back next year for a longer stay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I guess my jaw literally is in my chin. Forgot about my photo!! ;)

      Delete
  20. Fredericton looks like a beautiful place to live or visit. These houses remind me of the neighbourhood I grew up in near Mile 0 of the Trans Canada Highway. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your visit in Northern Alberta!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...