summer time

Friday, September 21, 2012

happy fall








The trees haven't changed into their autumn
colours yet but the apples are ready to pick.


It's the season of changing colours in nature.
The trees will cloak themselves in shades of
red, yellow, orange, gold and brown.
The grasses will wither and fade and the first frost will blacken the summer's blooms.

The birds will gather on fences, in trees and on
power lines as they prepare for the long flight
south for the winter.

Smoke will rise from chimneys and the delicious
smell of woodsmoke will draw one indoors
to be warmed by the fire.

The geese will gather and form their 'V' formation
honking overhead as they head in a southerly
direction.

We'll don sweaters, jackets, gloves and boots to
keep us warm from the biting winds that will come.

We'll also enjoy those beautiful crisp sunny days
when Indian summer arrives and the air is a
bit warmer for just a few more days.


Autumn is a beautiful season.
I will try to get out and enjoy it as much as
I can.  And, I will take pictures.



Nashwaak Stream ~ 2011



Wishing you a beautiful autumn.


Blessings,

Pamela



15 comments:

  1. i love fall. i agree with you, i will enjoy it to the very most way possible. jumping in leaves. makes me feel like a kid again. did that today. they are falling like crazy around here. what to decorate but it is still not cool enough. don't want to have my pumpkin die to quickly. you enjoy yourself. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your apple and autumn photos . . . I went to an orchard yesterday to get some Honey Crisp apples. NONE. In fact he had no apples at all . . . The word is that 90% of the apple orchards in Western Michigan were affected by the late spring frost.

    A half bushel of Honey Crisp apples North of us was priced at $69 . . . I hope apples near you are available and not too pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post Pamela! Lovely photos and even lovelier words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm counting on your taking lots of pictures! We heard a flock of geese squonking their way south last week. Didn't see them, but what a racket they were making. Those apples look beautiful and all shined up so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela
    You did a great job in describing what fall means to you!
    I'm looking forward to your fall photos. Your stream pic
    is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous post, Pamela. I loved every word of it. You are a wonderful writer.

    BTW, I think our hummingbirds have left us for another winter....I have not seen them for 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo of Fall! We won't be having anything that beautiful here as it has been too dry. The leaves are turning but not the bright colors of some years.
    I love how you have described fall. It is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I so love fall...and this expressed it well...and I love that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gloriously beautiful shots! Yes, we are enjoying Fall, too. The cooler weather is just wonderful. We are able to open the windows and enjoy a good night's sleep in fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shots! That last one is awesome! I love the colors of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those apples look delicious ! (MacIntosh ?) And gorgeous colours in your fall shot. I'm looking forward to going out and capturing fall scenes soon.

    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post! Our trees haven't turned yet either but I expect it will start happening any day. The days are much shorter and I welcome the cool temps. Happy Sunday Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures Pamela! Hubby and I plan to take a Fall ride tomorrow. I will take pics also. Our canyons are very colorful right now. I love Fall, but oh I am not ready to give up flip flops for boots. lol!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...