summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Saturday, October 6, 2012

seasonal crossover







Let's take a look around our yard this past week.

Our large maple tree is looking pretty spectacular these days
especially against the blue sky.



Some of the flowers are putting on their best show of the summer.

The marigolds, impatiens and even sweet peas are still blooming.


Even the bedraggled looking lilies look pretty with their yellow leaves drooping.




The racoons got their bellies filled the other night. :)
{I hope they got a tummy ache!}
They stripped my decorative Indian corn right off the cobs!
They even tried the cattails in the milk can.
The rains of the weekend made the cattails all go to seed so
I had to toss the whole thing out.


This is what it looked like last week....





The front deck doesn't get much sunshine these days.  
It is now in the shade around 9:30 in the morning.




Our front lawn is very green again as the maples are
putting on their autumn colours.


What are things like in your neck of the woods these days?

Is it still hot and sunny?
Have you had frost or s**w flurries yet?
I know there was s**w in parts of Canada this week.
Are your flowers still blooming?
How is the fall foliage coming along?

I am hoping we'll get out for a country drive this long weekend
to see the fall colours.  {and that means pictures}


The Thanksgiving turkey is in the oven and I have other
preparations to make for our dinner later this afternoon.


Have a great day and weekend everyone.
And....
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends!

We have so much to be thankful for!


Blessings to you,

Pamela



19 comments:

  1. Hi Pamela,your deck is so beautiful, everything outside looks pretty sad here, blame that cold front. Oh those pesky raccoons, I had Bluejays do the same to my indian corn outside. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving. MMMMM I can smell your turkey from here, tee hee. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it starting to smell good at your place yet?

    Everything looks very similar at your place to my place. Isn't it odd how gardens that were in full sun are now in shade nearly all day long? I do have some rosebuds that are coming so I'm kind of hoping that I'll see them bloom before frost hits.

    A blessed day to you, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pamela, Your pcitures are lovely but ...Shame on those racoons....they can destroy many things and they sure did a number on your pretty decorations! Here ...my flowers are still blooming, especially my zinnias..... and my begonias are growing to a a foot and a half! The trees are turning. It is 52 degrees right now and will be down in the 40's tonight....that is here in the Finger Lakes of New York...near Rochester. I hope you have a beautiful dinner this afternoon. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely time of year to celebrate your Thanksgiving! I hope you have a memorable holiday, Pam.

    PS -- Yes, 20s F is cold. Unusual for October in Nebraska.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving today!

    Our colors look like yours and the squirrels are pushing the birds out of the feeders. I guess everyone feels like eating!

    We are leaving for a mini color tour and a rock finding expedition in a few minutes. The crock pot is cooking some carrots, onions, potatoes and beef for our "thankful" when we arrive home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a green lawn, I only see those at my neighbors houses...lol.

    Those naughty raccoons, they will go after anything, and all the work that you did to put it together...sigh.

    No snow yet, frost on the roofs, ack!

    Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fall photos, especially the maple tree against the brilliant blue sky.
    It's been cold here with a little frost and all the leaves have blown off the trees. Northern Minnesota had a lot of snow a couple of days ago. None here though.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly such a pretty time of the year. Here in ON so much is orange, red and yellow....love it! Your fall display was very lovely, we so appreciated it as did those racoons. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours my friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. We do not have the beautiful autumn colors you have! Your photos are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are having such a beautiful Fall. It's pretty here, too, and today we finally have a really chilly day. It is nice to wear sweaters again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving! Lovely photos. Too bad about the Indian corn, those darn raccoons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh fall...I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving Pamela
    Possible snow in the forecast for tomorrow but that's way too early! We're having our dinner Sunday and with any luck, will have leftovers for Monday.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Thanksgiving, Pamela! Your maple trees are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving to you!! enjoy the day. we have had the AC on the past week or so. & they are calling for really cold temps tomorrow & the rest of the week. maybe a bit of rain as well. so we may need to turn on the heat. should be interesting. i love fall temps though... so i'm ready for the cold. (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. As we live rather close, our colors are similar to yours. I have a maple who is a gorgeous redhead right now, scarlet red in fact. I went out to pick my grapes this week, and lo and behold, they were gone. Only the tendrils were left hanging. I did not see the culprit, but I think he may be a cousin of the one who stripped your corn to the cob. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I shall spend the day selling pies and cakes and buns to those who are having their dinners today. Tomorrow I shall be thankful as I rest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your local racoons are very naughty Pamela but your porch still looks great and the Autumn leaves on your lawn are picture perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thanksgiving Pam: The Maple trees have been glorious this year. Rotten raccoons for eating the corn. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that last photo with the three trees. What a capture! I hope you are having a nice holiday weekend! Belated Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...