autumn splendour

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

simple blessings








You might remember that my younger sister, Margaret, was
home for a visit in late summer.

Just in time for Thanksgiving (Oct.8), a parcel arrived in the
mail from her.
She sent me a sweet tea towel and some cute beverage napkins
along with beautiful cards and a letter.
She is so thoughtful and I miss her terribly.


I decided to change up the vignette on my kitchen counter.
I removed the large tole tray and white hobnail milk glass
cookie jar and used these wood things for a fall theme.
The wooden pig cutting board was my mother-in-law's as was
the jar on the right.  The blocks came from her house too.
The little basket with the handle is a New Brunswick handcraft
by Brent Rourke.  The rectangular wooden box was a yard sale
find.  It says Alberta Springs on it.  I'm not sure what came in it but 
I have the feeling it was a bottle of something.  :)




And, I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  ;)


They make a huge batch and freeze well.
Otherwise they'd be all gone. :)

Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage is hosting a new party called
HOME ~ Heart Of My Environment




Maybe you would like to join in and share something
pertaining to your home from cooking to decorating to
hobbies and everything in between.


Be sure to visit Sandi's blog and see what she's cooked up
for her first post. It looks delicious!


I am busy getting ready for our annual college 'girls'
reunion this weekend which I am co-hosting with my
best friend, Lois.
It's 40 or 41 years since we all first met at Bible school and we
have a great time getting caught up.  There will be about 12 or 13
of us coming here for pot luck supper on Friday evening and
half will be staying overnight here and half at Lois' house.
On Saturday morning we'll be going to Lois' for breakfast.

Good food, friends and fellowship.
And a late night I'm sure.


Here is our group last year.



Don't foget to visit the new HOME party.


See you soon.

Blessings,

Pamela





                                
  







21 comments:

  1. Hi Pam what a nice family picture thanks for sharing this. By the way for a second when I saw your nmae I thought you were my mother-inlaw (silly me) her name is Pamela too and our last name is Gordon I was married to her Son 6 yrs ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    What a delightful kitchen vignette. I love your pudgy little pig and the lovely kitchen towel. We have so much to thank God for...our faith, family, home, friends, health, seasons.....Oh, the list is endless!
    What a sweet time you are going to have with your old friends from your Bible school days.
    Thank you for your kind comment and visit on my blog.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Pamela. Great photo with that beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela,
    I like your little vignette in your kitchen. My eye was drawn to your wee pumpkin in the jar and those baby blocks! What a lovely looking group of ladies you are! I just know you're all going to have a lovely Girls Reunion this weekend. Your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sound scrumptious! Thanks for sharing your wonderful post with my HOME party. I really appreciate it and YOU!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOps...almost left without commenting. Your friend has a lovely blog and the torte was beautiful and delicious looking.

    Oh your sister has your number...look at all the sweet things she sent you. I imagine that she misses you as well. I am trying to get something in the mail for my sister. Poor thing, her birthday has come and gone and she's had nothing from me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great portrait with the colorful tree for background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Great post! I'm your newest follower!
    Blessings from the Farmhouse,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will have such a wonderful time with all your friends!! It's amazing that you have been getting together for all these years - what memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pamela,
    I hope you have a fantastic weekend with your friends! I love the little piggy cutting board and the tea towel is so thoughtful as well. Those cookies look delicious, you are a great baker!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet your sister is...and I love that piggy cutting board...
    I made another apple pie bread yesterday at 5pm....and by 5pm today...
    It was all gone!!! So delicious....:o)
    Weather was crummy today...tomorrow 22 and sunny...yahoo...hopefully off to the Lake!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....I forgot...have a lovely time with your school chums...
      You are very lucky, indeed...

      Delete
  11. That was very thoughtful of her to send you such a nice package. Love that tea towel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Pamela....Sisters are the best....love the piggy cutting board......cute vigenette to, cute wateringcan napkins, yummy cookies to....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sound delicious!

    Have a wonderful time with the college friends this weekend. I hope the sun shines for you.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pamela. I am joining your blog now as it looks like we might have similar interests in photography. Your pictures are beautiful and sounds like you will have fun with your friends. Myself and 3 of my friends, we all used to work together but are now retired, go to lunch once a month to catch up on each other and some shopping!. It's a lot of fun..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I remember your weekend with these girls from other years. And your pumpkin chocolate chip cookies--thanks for the reminder! I make them every year! I'll have to give some away this year since we are only two here now.

    Have a great weekend with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, how time flies! I remember your post from last year - or at least think I do!
    The cookies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have so much fun with your friends!
    Looks like a fun group of gals.
    I have never heard of pumpkin and chocolate together
    but I love both so I am sure it is great!

    Your little vignette is adorable.
    I always buy those little piggie cutting
    boards to sell in the shop and they always
    go quickly!

    xox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pamela! Oh, what sweet things your sister sent you! Wish I had a sister! Love the vignette you've set up, too! Have a wonderful time with your friends and take lots of pictures for us.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Pamela, I love your Autumn kitchen vignette, it looks well so fall and I have always had a thing for wood. Nice tea towel and napkins, it is always great to get a parcel in the mail I think. Cute little basket as well. Your cookies look yummy, enjoy thanks for inviting us to the home party Sandi is having.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You do have a thoughtful sister! I love your vignette and I bet your guests will too. Hope you are enjoying a lovely time with them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...