summer time

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

getting ready for the season






While sitting at the dining room table blogging this afternoon, I looked up and saw the last rays of the afternoon sun shining across the jar of hydrangeas I had placed there this afternoon.


It was just that perfect touch of light for a minute or two.



It was quite a cold day today but it was sunny so I thought
it was a good chance to cut the greens for my old milk can on the front deck.  I cut some red dogwood sticks too from the ditch across the road.



And, as you can see, I also added a string of white lights.
Yep.  And they are on right now {in the dark}... the start of my Christmas lighting outdoors.  I like to have some lights on there even now to brighten the dark evenings.

The weather forecast is calling for snow tonight changing to rain tomorrow.  Maybe I'll get a picture in the morning of our first snowfall of the season.


I also made up two containers of greens to put out later.  I used old enamel ware containers this year.  I'll share pics of them another day.


While shopping the other day and found a few goodies to decorate with for Christmas.  Like I needed more stuff!!



Do you see the little house in the picture?  
It's a putz house under a glass dome!
Love it!!
I have a small collection of putz houses and this little charmer came home with me from Winners. 

Do you take pictures of how you decorate for Christmas from year to year?
I do.
Today I was looking over the photos from last year to see what I did.  I can't remember from year to year as I have a lot of Christmas decor.  I'm moving things around and getting ready.  I noticed last year that I had completed my decorating by 
November 15 although I also noticed I did some tweaking after that.  Good thing I took pictures!  Did you? 


That's it for today.  

I'm linking with Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for her new
weekly blog party called HOME.
I hope you will come over and visit some other wonderful bloggers as they share something from their homes.



Blessings,

Pamela

 


21 comments:

  1. I like the hydrangeas, Pamela. I am looking forward to seeing your Christmas decor. Here at our house (in the US), I'm waiting to do Christmas until after Thanksgiving. Of course, I know you already celebrated your Thanksgiving. Snow already - brrrrr! Not sure I'd like that, but then who has a choice? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr....snow! We're having our first frost warning tonight which is so odd since just a few days ago we had a mini heat wave and the ac was on!

    Having a blog I do have a record of my Christmas decorations. I don't know if I would if I didn't blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do take photos of the decorations and look back to see what I liked and what I didn't. Yikes maybe snow for you tonight. It was lovely and sunny here today but it is getting quite cold overnight. Stay warm..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea...to take photos of your decor every year. I'm trying to remember how I did my wreath an swag last year, and have totally forgotten. I'm on vacation in a place where it feels like summer...so I'm having a hard time thinking about Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, How beautiful! Hydrangeas are one of my favorites and, especially, peeking out of a blue Ball Jar. So many blogs that I have visited today are beginnning to hint at the Christmas season. I still haven't put out my Pilgrims...I better get busy!
    Have a happy day,
    Blessings,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Pamela with the start of Christmas lights! I can't wait to start to decorate. I must confess I think this year I will wait a bit longer than I have in the pass....we'll see anyway. Keep us updated with your Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came home today with more decorations too. I really should will I pull out all my bins. I know I bought at the end of last season. But todays buys cried out to me.....
    EWWWW snow not here...not yet..... Love the putz house...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evening Pamela......love the Hydrangeas in the blue ball jar......so pretty......I also love and collect those sweet old little Putz houses, love them so.....The greens look so wonderful.....snow tonight for us to......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamela, I can imagine how pretty and welcoming your porch must be with the holiday greens and little white lights. I can't wait to get started but I have to wait until after Thanksgiving..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. No wonder you still have nice dried hydrangeas to cut - we're ahead of you with having had our first snowfall and mine are now all brown.
    I take a few photos here and there but not for decor recollection like you do. It's a good idea though, then I'd remember what I have!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela,
    I'm so glad you came by for a visit. It's nice to meet you. I'm now following you as I love your site..The hydrangeas you photographed are so beautiful.. enjoy them while you can...it's snowing here in my neck of the woods..Brrr...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently bought a few new Christmas things too and I needed them like I needed a hole in my head. Just crazy but I couldn't resist! Great idea to go back and see what I did last year too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1st of all, I LOVE the blue Mason, esp w/ beautiful flowers in it!
    I'm kind of looking forward to some snow this year, but we rarely get snow here... mostly ice! YuCk!
    Decorating for the season? Niiice! Can't wait to see pics =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are getting in the mood Pamela. I like to leave my decorating til December but if a person has a lot of decorations it would be wise to start early. Lovely photos as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The hydrangeas are so pretty in the blue jars! I like the greens and dogwood with the lights in the milk can too. Can't wait to see all your decorations and lights.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catching up on posts as I've been away. I was just thinking today that I need to find my photos from last year to help me remember how I decorated! It's almost time for that again! I like your greenery --it looks so festive. But of course you have already had your Thanksgiving. We sort of wait til after Thanksgiving to begin. This year ours comes early so we'll have more time before December. Hope you had a nice snow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Pamela,
    I love your hydrangeas! They are so pretty! I like little putz houses too but they don't seem to have them yet at our Michaels. I am waiting till after Remembrance Day to start decorating although I may start my mantel this weekend. I almost always take pictures of my Christmas decor, and like you, I do a lot of decorating. Thank you for sharing this at my HOME and enjoy the rest of your week, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love hydrangeas! Wonderful pics for this absolutely grey day here in Massachusetts. We got 6 inches of snow yesterday. Seems a little too early for me. I have to admit that I don't bother much with Christmas decorating these days. But I enjoy seeing what others do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hydrangeas are so soft and pretty!
    Here in Australia, ours are just starting to get flower heads on them and I can't wait for them to bloom so I can dry them :-)
    I take lots of photos of our Christmas decor too.
    Your little porch lights must look lovely in the evening!
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  20. I very much like the hydrangeas placed in a jar like that! Very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am crazy about hydrangeas! Looks lovely.
    Okay, so I better get out and consider cutting branches etch for my window boxes before the soil freezes.
    You got me in the mood....thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...