spring hope

Thursday, December 27, 2012

after Christmas





Me with my feet up waiting for Christmas Day.

Christmas Day has come and gone for another year.
We had a beautiful day it was!  It was sunny and cold and the roads were bare for travelling.
We enjoyed a Skype visit with our daughter and son-in-law who are visiting in Australia for Christmas.  They went from -27 deg. Celsius to +27 deg. Celsius in one day!  They are 12 hours ahead of us and it's tomorrow there now.  :)



Our son and his girlfriend came up for breakfast and to open gifts.  At noon Murray's sister and brother-in-law and their dog came for Christmas dinner.  We had a wonderful time.


We went to my niece's home in Sussex for my side of the family's Boxing Day gathering.
Thankfully it was a beautiful sunny day again for travelling as we all came quite a distance.


There were 22 of us there but you will notice I'm not in any of the pictures as I took them.  And if you count correctly you will see one other is missing.  My brother arrived quite late and I forgot to take his picture!

Even though our daughter and her family are so far away this year, I must say it was a very enjoyable Christmas with our family.

Today we went to town for the Boxing Day sales.
The stores and mall were packed with people and the parking lots and streets were crazy!  
(Or maybe we were crazy!)
We had fun though.
And found some bargains too.  :)


We are having another snowstorm here tonight.
A blizzard actually.
It's snowing and blowing with about 25 - 30 cm of snow expected by the time it's all over.  


I'm thankful for our cozy house and that we don't have to be out in the weather on the roads.
Tomorrow we'll be shovelling out again and I suppose I might take some more pictures.


I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed time with family and friends.
Are you still enjoying celebrating the holidays?



Blessings to you,

Pamela



13 comments:

  1. Nice mosaic of your Christmas celebration. You certainly are getting an abundance of snow .. or maybe that's normal for you. Stay warm and have a nice weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing happy family times and nice to catch a glimpse of you . . . feet that is . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you have a shot a picture of you daugter & son-in-law on the skype, i'v heard it is a great way to keep up with folks. so fun i bet. great times ... ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed looking at all the wonderful picturtes of your family, that what matters........shopping crazy, me to.......Keep cozy, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, we celebrate the holiday. At this time my husband is playing Stratego with the youngest. He has not yet fully recovered from the flu and enjoy a little extra attention. A blizzard? That phenomenon I only know from the books. Can you take pictures of it? It is a very bad snow storm?

    Here it rains. The windmill is turning, I see. I ate white bread with cheese on my bed and got a cup of morocco-mint tea. Despite the flu at home, we try to make it cozy here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a really lovely Christmas. What a beautiful family you have, Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pamela,
    Your Christmas Tree is beautiful...love those slippers!! We got some snow on Boxing Day Evening, just as our family were leaving, everyone arrived safely @ home.
    Enjoy the snowfall. I love watching it snow when I know when everyone is safe @ home!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had lots of good times with family and friends over the holidays. We are just enjoying the sun today, after the storm on Thursday. A bit more snow on its way for Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you can joyfully say that it was a blessed Christmas. I know that you had your concerns with your daughter and her family being so far away. Somehow it helps to know that they are having the time of their lives in Australia, too. (But not so much fun that they want to stay or anything. =D ) Beautiful family photos...glad, too, that Christmas just keeps on going. I am planning another little Christmas today in fact and tomorrow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard about that blizzard heading your way. Here we just have cloudy skies at best and more likely drizzle. it does sounds like you had a most lovely Christmas there in the maritimes. Blessings to you as you look toward the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stay warm and safe out there, Pamela - I just heard on the news that you are in for some bad weather. Out here we are still celebrating Christmas. Today will be a quiet one by the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! The snow sounds wonderful to me also, being a Florida girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must say you have the prettiest Christmas tree. I was out looking and shopping on Boxing Day for reduced Christmas stuff for next year. I am in the market for a large 9 foot artificial tree but didn't have much luck. I started with our local nurseries then headed over to Canadian Tire.....they has so many great buys, left there with nothing Christmas! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...