autumn splendour

Sunday, December 9, 2012

front porch decorating ~ homespun link party





our front door wreath


There is a blog link party going on over at Ann's
blog ~ On Sutton Place ~ called 
The theme is wreaths and doors.

This is the wreath we had last year and yes, it is faux.  I usually purchase a fresh one but haven't broken down yet this year.  I used the bow and pine cone that came with the fresh wreath I bought last year.




There is a wooden bench on the front deck and I hung and old pair of black skates on it with a bright red bow.



This arrangement is on the bench as well.  It is an old navy enamel ware  tub that I filled with fresh greens from our yard and dogwood sticks from the ditch.  I added red sparkly curly picks, silver balls and a red and white bow.
I wrapped white LED lights around the bench back and the arrangement which are on a timer at night.



Yesterday I made 4 swags of fresh greenery and red ribbons.  This one is on the door going into the garage.  I also hung one on the mailbox by the road.



This is an old milk can by the front door filled with more greens, red sticks and lights.


By January when we have a lot of snow the tree is banked almost up to the lights at the bottom.


Our front deck at night.  
{I ran outside and took this tonight.}




It would look a lot prettier if we had some snow on everything, which may happen tomorrow according to the weather forecast.
Too late for this post. 

a light dusting of snow over a week ago

This last photo is of the container on the back deck that I posted about a few days ago.
Ann, I made the bow as per your instructions.  :)

There are a lot of beautiful decorating ideas for your front door at this Party so I hope you will come over and visit around.
Have fun!

Blessings,

Pamela



23 comments:

  1. Looking very festive outside at your place Pamela. I like the skates on the bench, a nice touch. There is a bench by our front door and I've never thought to decorate it - you've inspired me to get creative!
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela ~ Everything looks just like a Christmas wonderland. Love it ~ snow would be perfect. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is looking very nice for the season. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela! Your porch and decorations look wonderful! How pretty and I love the night time snap!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun. i like them all. really enjoy the ice skates. fun ideas. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Pam...
    I finally got my wreath up today...
    ALong with an oven full of baking...
    Freezing rain here tonight...blech!!

    Enjoy your evening..
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....I love the black skates, I have white at my front door.

    Love the fresh greens...it's always my fav.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh everything looks so wonderful Pamela, I to love he black skates......looks so pretty with the lights........we have lots of snow......will send you some.......Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful Pamela... Love your decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bow looks great! And I love the wreath as it is ... from the road who would know it wasn't real? You have quite an eye for arranging things! Prettiness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Ok now I have that song running through my head. :0)
    It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas here with all the snow we've gotten the last couple of days. I hope you get some too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your outside decorations looks so tremendous! Those are just the kind of things I like to do. I like working with evergreens and etc....just like you have done.So pretty and very Christmasy but yet, can stay out in January! Good work, Pamela. I have to say it again....I know you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Christmassy and welcoming, love it all!! Jackie in UK.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pamela, lots happening at your place. Porch is looking pretty. I love the skates, hopefully I will start on my front porch tomorrow..Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pamela, I love the color red and I love your decorations. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your decorations all look wonderful Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best Earning plan without any work, just Visit the Website and Earn
    www.profitclicking.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pamela
    It's all so pretty! You've got so many great ideas.
    I may steal a few!!
    tim and I are heading out right now for our cutting
    of the greens.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your porch is lovely Love the wreathe, and the ice skates are a wonderful focal point. So pretty!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  20. It all looks so pretty, I love front door charm. Your front porch is just ideal and thank you for the night picture, it looks as I"d imagined it. Big red bows always put that perfect touch on any greens.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it all Pamela. It really looks festive and I imagine the snow we got will have headed your way today. I have been battling a bad cold for the last week which has made me anything but festive. So nice to look at all that you have done and get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think your bow is perfect! Everything is so festive. It's obvious you love your home from the care you take to make it so welcoming. Thank you for this lovely post and for joining my party. I'm so glad you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All looks so lovely Pamela - of course I'm feeling guilty as I've done hardly a thing around here! Off soon though and getting excited about going home.

    Have a fabulous time over the holidays.
    Happy Christmas and may the coming year bring you many blessings.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...