red and white Christmas

Monday, December 31, 2012

the year that was 2012





Ewan enjoying the snow in an antique sled.


This has been a busy and eventful year for us.

2011 ended with the passing of my mother-in-law and January 2012 started with the arrival of family from afar gathering for her memorial service.

Our daughter, her husband, and 18 month old son arrived the night after we had just returned from their home in Alberta where we had spent Christmas.  An extra special treat for us.

Winter was kind to us last year with fewer storms, less snow, and an early melt in March.


We had crocuses blooming in late February!


In April I got to visit our daughter for 10 days and enjoy time with her and her family.  It was special to spend time with her while she was pregnant.
Ewan and I had fun getting to know each other more.  He calls me Gaga because Grammie is such a difficult word to say.  :)  And Murray is KooKoo!  (*_*)  


Ewan and I playing in the warm spring sunshine.


Springtime weather was fabulous with lots of early blooms, sunshine and warm temperatures.
I did a lot of gardening and grew lots of flowers.

apple blossoms

Murray and I were able to do a few day trips and enjoy the beautiful summer weather and scenery here in New Brunswick.  It was sunny and hot all summer!

at the Gagetown Marina on the St. John River



baby Eli

On July 31, our daughter's birthday, Eli was born.
I had my ticket booked to fly out on Aug. 2 to meet our new grandson and to help our daughter and to play cars with sweet Ewan.



Grammie and her boys  :)



When I returned home from Alberta on Aug. 16, I had one day to prepare for the arrival of my sister, Margaret, for her 3 1/2 week visit.  She hadn't been home from BC for 25 years!  What a fun time we had visiting and touring around.


siblings
Me, John, Margaret and Pat all together for the first time in 25 years!


my baby sister Margaret, and me


Our fall weather was also very nice and I enjoyed the local scenery in the apple orchard.



And in the park.



In November I had the awesome privilege of going to New York City with our church choir and taking part in a Christmas musical presentation at Carnegie Hall.


The American Festival Choir in Carnegie Hall


I was quite taken with the bright lights of New York and hope to return some day and see much more of that amazing city.



The next thing I knew it was time for Christmas.





Now it is time to start a new year filled with 
new possibilities ~ 2013.



some of our calendars for 2013

Are you ready for the new year?

I leave you with a verse of scripture that I love.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord,  "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."  Jeremiah 29: 11 & 12

I think we all need to focus on what God's plans are for our future and not take any day for granted.

Thank you all for visiting my blog and for your kind words and comments this past year.  

I wish you all a very blessed year in 2013.

Happy New Year!!

All the best to you and yours,

Pamela




26 comments:

  1. Love your 2012 memories Pamela. The grandchildren are gorgeous. Your trip to New York, a great experience for you. Having your sister to stay after so long away, wonderful.

    Looking forward to seeing what you get up to in 2013 and sharing some of my life with you, the ups and downs!

    Best wishes for 2013, Jackie & Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got our calendars out to work on and set up. Each year I put birthdays, annversaries, etc on their calendar date in red as a reminder. Each year I put the birthdate or age of the person ... and observe how time is marching on. It helps me remember their special days and is my new year chore! Love your year review and that first picture is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful recap of your most eventful year! I recognize your sister:) Happy New Year to you and yours...and many blessings in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice Blog, Pamela! Lovely Grandchildren and your year was filled with many wonderful events. Happy New Year and God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful 2012 monthly memories, thanks for sharing, Have a Happy New Year, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela
    I so enjoyed your 2012 review. It's so obvious your time with your g'sons was such a highlight for you! They are adorable.
    I've loved visiting with you this past year and seeing life where you live and travel. Now we have next years adventures to look forward to.
    Jeremiah 29:11 & 12 is one of my favorite verses too. We can rest confidently in the Lords hands knowing he has a plan just for us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your year looks to have been a very full one with both sadness (I lost someone too) and happy times. I hope the new one brings much joy to you, Pamela.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh...it was a mostly sweet year, wasn't it? Any year that adds a new member to the family goes down in history as a good one. That's why I like 2006 and 2007, which is just how old they'll be in a couple of weeks (if you look at the final digit...ha!)

    I have so loved your photography of family and friends, home and garden, far and near, and I look forward to more, more, more in 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful reunion for you and your siblings Pamela, it must have been heart warming. I'll bet Margaret likes you calling her baby sister. Hmm, Gaga - you're not related to that Lady Gaga are you? LOL (sorry, couldn't resist)
    We lost my mother-in-law this Christmas Day, even though we are not close to hubby's family, it sure put a damper on the day.
    Well, let's see what mischief us grannies can get into for next year.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely sequence of pictures...
    I had planned to do the same...
    But...
    I ran out of time..
    As usual...:o)
    Having our first grandchild has made this a wonderful year indeed...
    Thanks for all your kind comments and visits to my blog...
    Greatly appreciated..
    I feel like I have a friend in the Maritimes...

    All the best in 2013 Pamela..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pamela,
    Happy New Year to you and your family!!
    Always a pleasure dropping in to see your beautiful photos of one of my favourite provinces in Atlantic Canada!!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, what a busy year. i love your apple blossoms ...gorgeous!!! love the family & friend shots. can't wait to see what will happen for you in 2013. all the best. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Pamela, The verse from Jeremiah is perfect for tonight - New Years Eve! I enjoyed reading about your last year and remembering the things you wrote about. It was fun!

    May God bless you and your family with a wonderful 2013!

    All my best, Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please swing by... Immediate Prayers Needed

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ps - How could I miss saying something about your grandchildren. They are adorable and I know they mean the world to you. Mine make my world!

    S.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a wonderful verse to begin the year with!
    Your grandchildren are so sweet. Isn't it fun to play with them? Your year was filled with LIFE!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful year you have had!
    Thank you for the scripture reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A visit to your blog is always such a delight. I didn't realize you had a new grand son. Belated congrats on that! You have a full and blessed life. Here's to many, many more years of good health and happiness. Happy New Year Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pamela this past year certainly has come to you with many bundles of joy! Such blessings!
    The images of grandma and the two sweet angels just precious! This is one of things about blogging that I cherish..we share what's happening in our lives through visits to our individual blogs and in doing so a connection made. I wish you A Happy New Year filled with many more wonderful surprises.love and light Anna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, sweet Pamela, you were blessed to no end this past year, and the baby is a beautiful angel and so is his older brother! You look so pretty and happy holding the two darlings, you are a real grammy!! How wonderful all four of you got together after so long...that is another blessing you received! I also cherish your friendship and your generosity in the comments you leave me and have received throu 2012. Looking forward to furthering our friendship in this new year. Big hugs and blessings lovely lady.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh...how wonderful you belong to the AF Choir and you got to go to my beloved home town. NYC is always so exciting..I also have a wish to go and visit family in NYC too.
    xoxo
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful photo journal of your year. My husband and I always lay in bed and pray on New Year's eve...thanking the Lord for the past year and submitting our lives to Him for the new year anew. Thanks for sharing that great scripture. Such truth! A wonderful reminder.
    Happy New Year my dear friend!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pamela, you've had a wonderful time putting this together, I can tell.

    Happy New Year.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Pamela - lovely recap of a year filled with many blessings. Nice to have 'met' you in blogland.

    God's blessings for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful advice about the new year...and what a year you had last year! My how full of blessings! May this year bring the same!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...