summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Friday, February 22, 2013

sunshine needed




sunshine on the garage roof today



It's quite sunny this afternoon here.  
I'm struggling with this winter weather and all the snow.
We've had blizzards the past 3 weekends and thankfully we were away for all three, but, the evidence is out there.  Lots of evidence!

I'm tired of wearing a down filled coat everywhere I go.
Tired of wearing low heeled boots that aren't stylish but oh so practical and warm and safe on the snowy, slushy streets and the mall parking lots.  I don't get far.  Just the mall and the grocery store.  And don't forget a scarf to keep my neck warm until the day warms a bit and gloves for my hands.  I don't wear a hat as it mess up my hair but the hood on my parka comes in handy to protect my head from the biting wind.

I go into the mall stomping the slushy snow from my boots, remove my gloves and sometimes my scarf and then I get too hot wearing my down filled coat.  

I'm longing for the days of spring when we can just wear shoes and a light jacket or, summer days with sandals, bare feet with newly polished toe nails, and no coat or jacket!  



Okay, not very pretty.  They've seen a lot of miles.
But, they are bare!!


Speaking of polished toe nails.  
Do you do pedicures in winter?
I like to give my toes a rest and let my nails breathe for a
few months.  No one sees them for months anyway. They are hidden in socks and sneakers every day until sometime in April or even May when it might get warm enough to wear sandals.


Would you like to join me here?

Along the coast of N.B. last August.


Or here?

Our front deck last June.


We could kick off our shoes, boots, coats, scarves and hats and relax in the sun.  


It's okay to think about these things isn't it?

Yes,  I think it is.

Good therapy.


I just won't look out the window!


Cause I might see this!!




Are you tired of winter and all the snow?
Perhaps you enjoy it and perhaps you just had a big
storm (my friends in the US) that is an exciting novelty.
Three storms in 3 weekends is not a novelty.
And there's more snow coming again this Sunday for parts 
of the Maritimes.  I think only light snow for us this time.
I hope!


How are you putting in the winter?  Is it getting you down yet?

I offer you some spring cheer.



I hope you enjoy this last weekend of February.


Blessings,

Pamela







29 comments:

  1. I'm tired of wearing boots but I'm not a fan of hot, humid summers. It must be much cooler in the Maritime Provinces than in Ontario, I think. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, take me away! Oh. Giving toes a rest is a foreign concept...perhaps because I am barefoot so often even in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah snow....maybe it will go away soon..

    Love the tulips, and no to nail polish...allergies.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. that coastal picture is amazing. what a great view!! those are gorgeous tulips. i am ready for spring. i know it's near. i can feel it. it just has to be. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I would love to come sit on that beautiful deck of yours, kick my shoes off, ahhhhh.....I will not look out my window......Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - you and I are on the same wavelength Pam!! Looking forward to spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You wrote the words that I am feeling....I would love to sit barefooted and chat and watch the water with you...Maybe before too long.....We can hope....

    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We got 8 inches last night and I thought I would be happy because we need it, but strangely, I've been in a foul mood most of the day. Your post with your bare feet cheered me up -- it will be spring some day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to join you there! Beautiful. I think we are all looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos Pamela.

    I love the snow photo it is so pretty
    but the summer ones are wonderful too!

    Have a good weekend.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tulips are a beautiful bright spot! I always say that I have two favorite days of the year. The first day I HAVE to wear a sweater or sweatshirt all day long and the first day I HAVE to take my socks off. Those two days are usually about six months apart around here. Otherwise, I guess I just have to go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been trying very hard to not say this . . . because once I do I feel it will be more difficult to be patient with the weather. But here I go . . .
    I WANT SPRING . . . NOW,
    That at least released some pressure, I feel better.

    I have a pedicure every six weeks. It picks me up and I can look at my toes and see COLOR! I have a manicure every two weeks, it helps the dreadful arthritis in my hands . . .

    And tulips in the house each week help tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, yes, it would be lovely to join you somewhere warm and pretty as in your images. :)

    Your header images are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Pamela, for us the snow pictures are very pretty because we hardly had any this year. Three blizzards in a row is a lot, maybe you SHOULD move here! : ) (If you can handle a lot of rain and dark days in winter) We are looking forward to spring too and I.love.pink tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pamela,
    I'm looking forward to spring! We have another storm forecast for Sunday, the fourth Sunday of snowstorms in a row :)
    I love the Yellow chairs, and remembered that I took similar photos last summer, I posted them to my blog. There's just something joyful about the colour yellow, it's hard not to smile when you see something painted yellow :)
    I did receive your email comments, thank you so much. Life will never be the same, but I am trying to find the joy and counting my many blessings.
    Blessings to you,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are asking ME about pedicures???
    hahahaha...I am the QUEEN of pedicures and winter feet...
    My feet are awesome....and....yes...I AM bragging...'cause I can!!!

    Your snow pictures are awesome Pamela...I will see them in person net weekend..

    Cheers !
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes, enough already. I will meet you at the beach or on your deck, please just let it be warm weather with pretty flowers about.
    I only get a pedicure or paint my nails if we go away over winter. Like you, I think the poor nails need to breathe freely for awhile.
    My treat is a massage once a month; the old tired and tense shoulders require/demand this.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pamela! OH, you have had a lot of snow! It's beautiful but I'm sure you're tired of it! Hang on, Spring is on it's way. I don't wear polish on my toes during the winter time either. I think it's good to let them rest! We only live a couple of blocks from the beach and we don't get that cold here but this time of year is not very pretty - rainy, misty, foggy and the water is quite choppy.
    Looking forward to Spring here too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning, dear friend.. Lovely post. I almost forgot what New Brunswick looks like without snow.. I am just recently getting tired of it but then I feel guilty as I don't want to rush time..(if you know what I mean)... Nor am I anxious to go to the cottage.. That doesn't happen until late May..
    Love your pics as always..
    If it snows here tomorrow I think I will be upset.. smile..
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, Pamela. Snow all the time would get so tiring for me. I can't imagine it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes! I'm very tired of winter! You're making me have even more Spring Fever! My feet are wanting out of socks and shoes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Quite the difference between those photos! LOL! Spring will be here before you know it! I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm doing my best to embrace winter, Pamela, by getting outdoors and getting some exercise. I tried snowshoeing this week!

    I love your tulips. On my table is a pot of bright pink hyacinths that I'm enjoying.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  24. I try not to think about spring and summer in February. I am enjoying the snow still.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. The tulips are gorgeous! We've been splurging on some tulips and other flowers lately, just to give some inside color! And no, I don't get any pedicures during the winter. I won't be getting any for a while because I badly bruised one of my big toenails last year, and lost most of it. Did you know it can take over a year for a big toenail to grow back!?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Pamela, I hope you don't mind but I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. More details are over on my blog. Take care. Chel

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amen Pamela, I am starting to get a little tired of winter myself. I will join you overlooking that beautiful body of water....I will bring lots of ice tea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. In winter it is always hard to imagine warmth othr than in front of a fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for the wee bit of spring... I really need it. Enjoy the snow... it will pay off this summer when it it so hot! Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...