Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

winter sky






I was driving home one day recently and noticed the interesting sky as the sun was lowering.
Above is the frozen St. John River and Sugar Island.

As I drove along the sky got prettier and I noticed the jet contrails crossing over.  I hoped the sky wouldn't change before I could get the car parked in the garage and I could grab my camera, run out back and take some pics.





I wasn't disappointed.  I love the feather layers under the contrails criss crossing the sky and the pale yellow sun.








Another jet heads west into the sunset.





The sky didn't turn pink at all and it just fizzled a while later.

We had a mild spell a couple of days later which melted most of the snow.  I guess there is a cold snap there again this week.


We are in Alberta visiting our daughter and her family.
Our precious grandsons, Ewan and Eli, are keeping us entertained.
They are so much fun!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow so come on back for a visit.

Blessings,

Pamela

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of our glorious sky! I know you are enjoying your family. Have a great time.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you wanted to run to get your camera...What a shame if you had missed these beautiful shots.....They really are incredible....Have fun with you grandkids....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous skies, Pamela! The contrails are a nice bonus! Glad you're enjoying time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic with the shimmering frozen river.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the patterns the contrails make, Pamela! Enjoy your family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine that you wonder, as I do, where all those jets are going. Yup, we are in a cold snap and expecting an Alberta Clipper tomorrow. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice you have made this day. I wasn’t expecting a blog until you got home. Knowing you are enjoying your family is wonderful to see . . . magnificent sunsets, Pamela. May the remainder of your trip bring you much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear you are enjoying Ewan and Eli, not that there was any doubt...
    Beautiful skies... happy trails....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Pamela
    Nice landscape and expanse of snow below the setting sun. I know you're having lots of fun with the boys, enjoy your visit.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictuires, that sky is so pretty......Enjoy the Grands, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait for the photos of the kiddies...
    These cloud shots are fantastic...great job, Pam..

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful skies Pamela . . . You are a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so beautiful! I love the soft feel of these beautiful sky shots! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous sky shots! Have fun with those grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pamela, those are the best photos. The sky is such a fascinating point of interest. Each photo is prettier than the last..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love seeing how the contrails move and create artwork in the sky. Lovely images Pamela.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I first read this I thought you'd be saying you always have your camera with you. I often wish I did have it, but the phone helps now. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty. Enjoy your visit!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful! I'm trying to catch up today and spend a while here with you! I always love your photos!
    I got my computer back and can use it now--but looking for a new one. Sure missed visiting with everyone. I'm so excited to be back!
    Blessings,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...