summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Friday, March 8, 2013

what you can't see







Finally!

Blue sky and sunshine.  Yippee!!

We had a whole week of clouds, flurries, rain and drizzle so when I saw this sight {below} early this morning I was pretty happy.




I was away from my blog for a couple of days as my brother came for a visit.  We had a great time getting caught up with each other's families and our own lives.  You'd think he lived in another province yet he is only about 2 hours away.  Our lives just get too busy don't they?


What you can't see, or hear, in the above photos is the wind.

Oh my, but, how it blows!

It's blowing from the northeast so is hitting the front of our house and sometimes it feels like the front window might blow right into the living room.  And it feels cold in here too.



I happened to catch the road grader passing this morning.
The wind is blowing the snow across the road and making drifts which can be a hazard when driving.




This is the blowing snow behind the grader.

It's amazing the heat we feel from the sun now.
With the temperature at +4 C the sun is melting the snow down
ever so slowly.  And I suppose the wind is helping to evaporate it too.  All good.

I've been putting out my spring/Easter decor and have a post ready to share with you soon.
There was finally some good lighting to take photos today.

just a little peek



Tonight will be a quiet one as hubby has worked hard all week and been driving the highway to Saint John some of the days.  He is weary.  We are going to friends for supper on Saturday which will be very nice.  And on Sunday, my piano man has a birthday.  I invited our son and his girlfriend for brunch after church.
Bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.  And maybe a bit of birthday cake.
Sunday's are busy for us as we go to church morning and evening.
Piano man has to play... the piano.  ;)


I hope you have a good weekend and perhaps some sunshine.

Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead on Saturday night before you go to bed, that is, unless you go to bed on Sunday morning!
Daylight saving time begins and we get to enjoy more daylight in the evenings.  {I just don't like the dark in the mornings.}

Enjoy the weekend my friends.

Blessings,

Pamela





21 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see the sun Pamela. But that last photo makes me feel cold. Enjoy your Sunday brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so happy with you that we can enjoy the sunshine. I stood outside for some time just to soak it in....every now and then, the clouds come along to hide it so we are playing hide and seek with the sunshine!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! So nice to have some sunshine....here too....love it.....milder temps too,Enjoy,Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamela

    No clock turning this weekend in Ireland
    we turn our clocks forward
    on the 31st March.

    Lovely snowy (cold) photos

    Enjoy your weekend,
    birthday cake,,,, yummmm


    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's one serious snow plow! Love those blue skies. :) We have had some great blue skies here between snow storms. Great for pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that you had a good visit with your brother. It has been windy here also. It has snowed off and on for weeks now, supposedly it's pretty normal, we get more snow in March than we do during the whole winter. Oh well... spring is not soon in coming, I'm afraid. I'm glad to hear that your snow is melting.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I agree that the sunshine is such a blessing after the winter. We went to sunny AZ. last week and I loved the warmth! This weekend we are expecting a huge snow storm. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to have the sun and the snow,it lifts the spirits doesn't it?! I'm looking forward to seeing your Easter montage. Keep warm. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've had some sun today, too. I think we're sitting right on the northern edge of that storm because it is all gray to the south. And the wind is fierce...I've got the little electric heater on to help with the chill. Other than that, the sun had little effect on my energy levels. Ha! Maybe DSTime will help. I do love the light at day's end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, you got a new toy - cool. my brother use to have one of those he played with as a kid. so funny!! nice snowy shots. the snow here is pretty much gone. but fun while it was here. my parents had much more. funny how the same state can have such different amounts. so wild. stay warm. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did wonder where you were, Pamela! WE HAVE SUN HERE TODAY IN THE FINGER LAKES OF NEW YORK!!!!!! Still cold but the sun is beautiful......finally! I really enjoy Daylight Savings Time!

    Happy Birthday to Piano Man.

    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doesn't sun elevate one's mood! Hope that snow melts and Spring arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YaY FOR sunshine! I think we're in for a bit of rain and snow the next few days.

    Enjoy your brunch. I love those egg cups!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm doing a happy dance with you Pamela, sunshine and warmer temperatures today. I know it is only to last the weekend and then go back to freezing but a nice reprieve.
    Thanks for the reminder about the clock, don't want to be late for church on Sunday.
    Enjoy your brunch and I'm sending birthday wishes from Ontario for the piano man. (who knew!)
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday to your husband, the talented lad!
    It was sunny here today too, Pamela. It does lift the spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, the sun, so wonderful to feel and see! Even managed to prune my fruit trees today. Have a wonderful weekend, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It gets depressing when you don't see the sun for several days. Most of the time we take it for granted. Happy Birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  18. May the sunshine continue and the winds draw quiet. Happy time with your family as you celebrate Piano Mans birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Pamela,
    Sounds like a fun weekend, family, friends & celebration!
    Enjoy it all...Happy Birthday! Cake for breakfast, what a great idea!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you saw some sunshine. We haven't seen much of it here either. Your weather sounds a lot like ours and it's raining here today.
    Happy birthday to you husband and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We too have sunshine the last couple of days after all the rain as our summer comes to end yours is just starting.
    Merle....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...