summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

chalk board fun






We got this old chalkboard at a yard sale years ago when our kids were just little.  It's been in the basement for years now and since I've been seeing lots of chalkboards all over blogs and Pinterest and in magazines I thought I'd get this one out just for fun.


Even the eraser has seen better days.  I haven't painted the frame work on the board as you can see.  There is lots of chalk build up along the edges.


I went out and bought a new package of chalk and put a few pieces in an old jam bottle.



Hubby laughed when he read the saying I wrote on here.
Imagine that!
He had a point.  He said what is so easy about summer when I have to mow lawns and cut up trees and stuff?

So, I changed the saying to "You are my sunshine" for now but, I know later on summertime living will be easier and those words may appear again.  :)

Besides.  The words to the song, "You Are My Sunshine", have special meaning to our daughter and her husband.  He sang that to her on their wedding day 5 years ago on June 21st.

Or maybe something else will appear ~ like "Welcome Home" ~ for when our daughter, her husband and our 2 little grandsons come for a visit next month.  We are so excited about that!  I think a certain 2 1/2 year old will love to write on the chalkboard too,  just like his mother did.


Here they are getting packed up for a move.  :)


We can't wait to see our sweet grandsons next month.
No, they aren't moving east to our province.
They and their parents are moving from the northern city in Alberta where they've lived for 7 years to a much larger southern city.  It's going to be a big adventure and a big change.  Their visit here preceeds their move so July will be a very busy month for them.  And in August we're going to visit them in their new home!
What a summer it will be!!

Are you having some chalkboard fun?  Do you have a favourite saying on yours?


I'd like to welcome my new followers.  Thank you so much for coming along and for your sweet comments.

Blessings,

Pamela







22 comments:

  1. I can't believe "the baby" of your two grands is so grown up already! Love the picture of them in the box. Truly the best play toy ever! I imagine the older one will enjoy that chalk board!

    Happy week to you, I am getting ready for some entertaining. I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great words to put on your chalkboard -- holidays come to mind. :)

    Cuties in that box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jar with the chalk in it!! I have a chalkboard in the entry,,,may just have to steal your idea!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela, that is a great chalkboard. Please don't paint it! :) I know you will enjoy your visit with those two cuties and their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too think the chalkboard is a great idea. Kids love them - we used to have a huge one (like 8 feet long) in our garage, and the kids loved it when playing outdoors.
    Those two boys are growing up much too fast!! Wow! You must be so excited about their visit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too think the chalkboard is a great idea. Kids love them - we used to have a huge one (like 8 feet long) in our garage, and the kids loved it when playing outdoors.
    Those two boys are growing up much too fast!! Wow! You must be so excited about their visit...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your old chalkboard, Pamela!! I trust you enjoy to the fullest your time with your children and grandchildren.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling grandchildren - how you must be anticipating seeing them. Chalkboards are great ideas for kids and for decorating. I love all the ideas out there, and I love that your chalkboard has history!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that chalkboard. It sure brings back memories...especially the eraser. Your grandsons are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your grandson are so cute and adorable! I am so glad you are going to be seeing them this summer. I know that makes you very happy. I love the chalkboard. I have a small one and it is leaning against the back of our stepback and it says Good Morning. I change it every once in a while.

    Good Day,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela, I have the one small board and it is fun to change up different quotes and sayings. I wish I could write fancy like a lot of the ones we see but plain old stuff will have to do on mine. The grandbabies are just darling. What a good time you are going to have all summer. They will love writing on it. Don't forget to show us some of their art work..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have beautiful handwriting, Pamela, which is not a gift I possess! I imagine you'll have fun with the chalkboard, as will the little guys. I hope their move is an easy transition for them. How nice that they'll be visiting you soon.

    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Pamela...you must just be estatic!!!
    And look how big they are getting!!!
    You are like me...I like to save certain things...and look how cool it looks, back at work!
    Can you believe...Vivian's favorite song is "You are my sunshine"!!!
    If she gets a bit tired, you just sing that to her, and she falls asleep!!!
    I did just that yesterday, and she napped for nearly 2 hours...
    Ahhhh.."music soothes the savage beast"...so true!!

    Nice here today...but another storm moving in tonight...
    No cottage 'til Friday...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you brought it up ~ you are going to have so much fun with it. I like mine in the kitchen for keeping a weekly entrée menu to remind me what to take out of the freezer the day before. It’s also handy when someone is ill to mark the times for different medications. Love your old eraser . . .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fun! I don't have a chalkboard, but I'd love to get one sometime. If I do, I'm going to get some of that new-fangled chalk marker pens!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can identify very much with your post today: The chalk and eraser remind me that I am very happy today to be a retired teacher; and grandchildren visiting in the summer! Yes! My son and his family from London, Ontario will be trekking home to spend a few August days with us. We haven't seen the three grandchildren from there since last October... summer days are wonderfual when they are filled with anticipation and grandchildren. We are planning to visit with our two New Brunswick children some sunny? day next weekl.
    Thank you for your support of my blog.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh such cutie pies! The baby has grown so fast. Your summer sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Pamela
    Our girls used a chalk board a lot when they were playing school, like most little girls. I probably sold the board in a garage sale but I can see some fun use coming up for yours.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  19. IT does sound like a good summer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I bet you're counting the days!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, the boys are so cute! It's going to be a fun summer for you getting to see the g'children.
    I like your chalkboard and it's shabby look makes it even more appealing to me. I like that it has history too. I bet you will be writing all kinds of little ditties.

    ReplyDelete
  22. yes, have to love when family and grandkids come out to visit!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...