summer 2016

Sunday, July 14, 2013

at the beach






We went to Parlee Beach near Shediac on the Northumberland Strait last week.  Across the strait on the horizon (above, not visible) is Prince Edward Island, the home of the fictional Anne of Green Gables. 


The beaches along this coastline have beautiful white sand and some of the warmest waters north of the Carolinas.


Doesn't it look inviting?  It's a very popular place in the summer with thousands of locals and tourists flocking here especially on the weekends.  This was on a Tuesday and there were a lot of people on the beach.  


That is Cap Brule in the distance with it's cottages and homes.


The dunes on this beach were destroyed a couple of years ago by a storm but have been rebuilt.  The fencing keeps people off them and the sand dunes in place from the strong winds off the Strait.




This is on the land side of the sand dunes.  There are nicely paved paths and facilities for the public as well as a play park and picnic shelters.  I think the large roof is a concert venue.  The Beach Boys played there a few years ago.  A perfect spot for one of their concerts!

I wish I could have been at this beach this weekend as it's been sunny and the temperature has been around 30C. or 90F.
And no humidity!  I love it but being next to the water sure would be nice.

I hope you have had a good weekend and are ready for the coming week and whatever it brings.

Blessings,

Pamela

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful beach! I could happily park myself in my beach chair under an umbrella reading a good book. It's something I've not done in way too long. I might wade if the water is as warm as you say. It's mighty cold on our ocean beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind the heat IF it's not humid either! Today here it is brutal and the hazy, hot, humid weather is forecast for the next week AT LEAST! I love the way you did the edges of the pix!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had over a week of sunshine here but thankfully the last 3 days have been dry heat. Last weekend it was unbearable humid. I edited my photos in Picasa and the border is a tan colour instead of white. Pamela

      Delete
  3. Ever since my daughter and I watched Anne of Green Gables I have wanted to visit Prince Edward Island. It is as beautiful as I have imagined. Thanks for the lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, this is not on Prince Edward Island but across the Northumberland Strait from it. Although it's beaches look much the same except they have red sandstone cliffs along with the sand dunes. Pamela

      Delete
  4. Pamela
    Looks like my kind of place for R&R!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a scenic area Pam -- would love to be there about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beach pictures always cheer me up in winter reminds me of the summer to come.
    Merle................

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, a lazy day on the beach sounds relaxing - next week for me! Our daughter rents a cottage for a week and invites us each year although this is likely the last with the exorbitant fee the owners are asking.
    We actually had some decent weather for a couple of days and have enjoyed sitting outside in the afternoon in shade.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been very hot here the last couple of days, with high humidity. All I need is an umbrella, blanket and book, and then perfect beach time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the Beach Boys. we really enjoy PEI such a great place. love those views. have a great week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been to Parlee Beach, I wouldn't have minded it at all, it is so hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Dunes photo is my favorite. The beach looks so cool and restful. You must have had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place to be on a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There were crowds on our local beach too! Difficult to get parked and huge ice-cream and fish and chip queues! Enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beach looks so inviting. We are having a lot of hot and humid weather and a walk along the beach with a nice breeze would be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect outing.....the beach is always a good idea! This summer is proving to be a busy one for me this year and I have not had any beach time so far. I miss it. Beautiful pics my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful beaches, dunes, water . . . and gorgeous photos Pamela . . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pamela, such a beautiful beach. You are able to visit some wonderful places. I would love to be able to just catch a glimpse of PEI.. Happy Monday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a lovely beach! During our trip a couple of years ago, we got to see the beach area at Hopewell Rocks! It was quite a site!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...