summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Friday, July 12, 2013

it's been a very busy week




The wee ones out for a walk one evening.


How can a week go by so fast??

Well, when your daughter and her husband and two children come home for a visit the time just flies by so fast that before you know it they are gone again.


At the nearby farm where Grampie took Big E for a tractor ride.  He was delighted!

These sweet little boys flew back to Alberta this morning, with their parents of course.  We got up at 3:30 a.m. to get to the airport by 4:30.  Well, it was more like 4:45 but they were there in time to catch their flight.

Me with the boys making music.  ;)


at the farmer's market

We went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday, Church on Sunday morning and had a family reunion barbecue that afternoon.  That was a very busy weekend!

Grampie and Big E picking strawberries.


The weather was sunny and hot all week long and last weekend was so hot and humid that it was almost unbearable. (No AC)

Little brother E is quite the acrobat.


We stayed close to home most days just to relax and enjoy our visit.

Big brother enjoyed playing with Grampie's old vintage farm set and garage.

See that smile?  He was one happy boy.  And so was Grampie!


We went on a day trip to Parlee Beach near Shediac on Tuesday.
It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed ourselves.









Little E isn't walking yet but he wanted to get into the basket of toys so Grammie helped.
They both loved this musical talking dog.


The big smile on his face when I came up the stairs just melted my heart.


Big brother enjoying a treat after a barbecue supper on the deck.


Little E dancing on the table.  I love his red hair!


It was a wonderful week but today when we returned from the airport and after Murray had gone to work I was feeling really sad and the house was so quiet.  I got the laundry going and cleaned and put away the toys.  {insert tears here}  My heart is aching to hold our wee grandsons again to hear their laughter and chatter and footsteps, to visit with our daughter and son-in-law and laugh and reminisce.  Time goes too quickly when we are together but I am so very thankful for the time we had together this past week.  We made some wonderful memories for our grandsons and for us too.

Thankfully, we'll be visiting them in their new home next month.  They are moving to Calgary next Friday.
What a busy time for this family!  They still have to pack up their house this week.  I wish I could be there to help out. 
Maybe we'll be helping them unpack when we get there in August.
I am looking forward to seeing them again and seeing their brand new house and neighbourhood.

So, that's the week it's been here.  Gone!


We're in for a sunny and hot weekend again.  :)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,

Pamela 



25 comments:

  1. Your right time just slips away so fast, I remember when your daughter was pregnant with Little E, and now look at that sweet baby! Pure adorable, the both of them. Lovely post my friend and hang in there, August will be here in no time! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy week making happy memories! The boys are darling! The photo of them in the double stroller brought back memories when my twin girls were little and used to ride in one. They also had the vintage farm set.
    Love the photos from the beach.
    Glad you will be seeing the family again in a month. Rest up for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like everyone had such a great time Pam -- I think my mom still has the old Fisher Price farm set at her house for her great grand kids to play with.

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaawww, it looks like everyone had a blast! Dry those tears and think about your August trip to Calgary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet, fun & great shots. what a good week you had. i love the high chair shot of little one with foot in air while eating - that is too funny. is that considered stretching/eating or what? it works well. ha. ha!! you enjoy those moments. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pamela
    It looks like a wonderful time you all had with your daughter and her family!
    The boys are so...cute. I bet you're a little worn out.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grandsons are just adorable, Pam, and I know you miss having them there. It's easy to see that everyone had a grand time together and made some special memories to relive when you are apart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You seem to have a great time together and lovely photographs on your blog and Facebook. August is only a few weeks away and you will see their new house and neighbourhood, that is great. I can't wait to see Harry on Sunday, I have really missed him although Jill has sent me lots of photographs and even a short video via her phone while we were away!!

    As your friend, Debbie Carter said on Facebook " It's wonderful to know that no matter where they may be that God is looking after them"

    Roll on August for you, have a good weekend, love Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delightful post Pamela! A "memory maker week"for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Grandkids are delight PAM. Yours are lovely. I am on vacation Four days left. I know how one week flies. My two weeks have flown. I hate to go home as much as your family has but all good things come to and end.

    Nice you get to see them in August again.

    Nice pictures you have taken..

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does give you that empty feeling down deep when everyone leaves! But they'll be back and you took some fun photos and made memories! I love you sitting on the floor making music with the boys! I'm partial to boys and love all of the sweet faces in the photos. My hubby and I have 5 sons, 1 daughter....5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter! Isn't that funny how that turned out? I LOVE BOYS! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine just left too, Pamela. Time does seem to speed up when you least want it to. Have a happy weekend reflecting on good precious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pamela, what wonderful pictures. Your grandsons are even cuter than before....so precious. I love the older one on the tractor with Grampie and also picking the beans. These are things that grandchildren remember about their grandparents. I could tell so many stories about my precious grandparents on both sides. You enjoyed so many things. It must have been lots of fun at the beach. I know you are missing them terribly today. I am saying extra prayers for you. Before you know it, it will be time to pack and head out to see them in their new home. I am glad you have that planned.

    Great photos. You take the nicest pictures!
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  14. The beach, family, summer, family, great memories....sounds so wonderful.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. The little boys are so cute. I totally understand the tears. Fortunately my wee ones are close enough that we get see them more often. Funny. The grandpa here has the same barn, only we don't play with it. Little boys love tractors, don't they. Great photos and wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely memories - I never tire of hearing of sweet families that love each other and get along so well. The boys are super darling - great photos.

    We did the same thing last September when our son and DIL and Donnie flew out from West Virginia - fun times outdoors, picnics in the park, birthday parties, family portraits, dinners together with our entire family in one place in such a long time - I know how happy you were - and how you miss them - but still - you made fabulous memories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've captured so many beautiful shots to remember your week by. I felt for you when you had to say goodbye - it's so hard to live far apart from family and loved ones. I'm so glad for Facetime and Skype - it makes it a little easier. Have you tried having a story-time with your older grandboy on Skype? My sil does it with her grandchildren every now and again at bedtime. They love it.

    Hope you're enjoying this summer weather - with what's coming you may have to break down and go get AC!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet documenting of a moment in time. Isn't it amazing how grands just can't possibly get any cuter then pictures are taken again during the next visit and surprise! They did just get EvEN MORE cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like some good times were had by all, especially at the beach.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute little blokes, it's always sad when they go home but you can look forward to their next visit.
    Merle.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can understand how hard it must be to spend just a week with your dear grandsons and their parents but at least it will be easier for you to visit them in Calgary from now on. Best of luck to them as they move to southern Alberta! Do you Skype with your grandsons?

    ReplyDelete

  22. Oh Pamela...I feel your pain...I know how lucky we are, that we get to see wee sweet cheeks so often!
    Even after 4 days at the cottage....I am longing to see and hold her!
    Your grandsons and daughter and SIL are wonderful!!
    I love the red hair too!! Don't they grow so fast!!!
    Vivian will be 1 this Friday...where did the year go?

    You will see them again real soon...hold onto that thought!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Pamela! I saw your lovely beach pictures too. What a time you had! SO much energy. We just took our grandgirls home yesterday. Felt fine until I saw those empty beds! Boo hoo! Emotion just grips your heart. I wish we could see them at least once a week. Glad you were able to enjoy your little ones for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your grands are so cute. I know you enjoyed spending time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do so understand, we go through the same emotions here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...