summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

the last of autumn's orange colour





These just might be the last of my photos with autumn orange.


The sunflower head is about 14 inches across.  I cut it off on Saturday.  The orange pumpkins are small and smaller.  They make a pretty vignette on the vintage chair on the back deck.  Soon I'll have an arrangement of winter pine etc. in this spot.


The sunset on Monday night.  I like the silhouette of the trees against the orange sky.


Does the grass up the hill look kind of orange at sunrise?
See the frost?  We had the garden tilled on Saturday morning by a neighbour.  You can see the fire pit to the right which will be on the lawn next summer.  This was all garden (formerly our neighbour's) but we're only going to make about 1/3 of it on the left side into a garden.  We have some work cut out for us I think.
(It's bigger than it looks)


And. There's a teensy bit of orange in the runner under my mystery wire mesh basket that I showed you the other day.  I thought I'd take it off the wall and put a few seed pods in it to give you an idea of what it looks like.  My mother told me it was used to roast nuts in but I highly doubt that.  I think it's just a unique decorative basket, don't you?


That's it for orange for a while.  Next it will be silver, green, red....you know....Christmas and winter colours.  :)

Thanks for visiting and your comments on my 'ghost scarecrow' yesterday.  I agree with most of you that said it could be a scary thing to see on a dark windy night.  Boo!

I'm preparing a post on the beautiful frost we had Wednesday morning so I'll be back soon.

Blessings,

Pamela


22 comments:

  1. Hello dear Pamela
    That sunflower is gigantic - I've never seen one that size!
    The tiny orange pumpkins are so cute for decorating.
    That is a large piece of land to break in - I'm feeling a little tired now so I won't offer to help!!! LOL
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your autumn orange is so beautiful, and that sunset is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pamela, How are you? You have been busy in your back deck and yard ...looks like the orange sky picture with the dark evergreens is outstanding. I could just sit and look at that for such a long time. ....You did it. You cut down your sun flower. I imagine you have plans to grown one right in the same place next year. I know you enjoyed it very much! Have a sensational weekend.

    Blessed be,
    Susannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I had to go peek at your ghost. Very cute! Oh my. Your garden looks big to me. You're going to have crops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange and green of the pumpkin and sunflower look lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your photos captured some very pretty orange hues. orange is not a colour I normally like , but in autumn it seems so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunflower and autumn oranges looks beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely orange pictures - as they have all been! I think that you are right, I think the flower basket is a decorative item, not for roasting nuts, it looks lovely now as a basket or wall decoration, regardless of the original use! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could just sit and stare at that dramatic sky, and I too like the trees silhouetted against it. There are so many colours in the garden shot, it really is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Orange Ending . . . wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing sun flower !! Your photos are beautiful with all the orange. And I look forward to your frost pictures,

    ReplyDelete
  12. orange is such a beautiful color. no matter what season. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your collaboration. It is perfect. Is that a cow or a deer in the garden plot photo?

    ReplyDelete
  14. October is going out with a blaze of orange there! The sunset is gorgeous! Looking forward to your frosty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. October is very wet and soggy and windy as it leaves today. Any bits of colour in the leaves will be washed down for sure. I love your ghost (just catching up from yesterday). Your photo of the field is lovely ... showing all different shades of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely fall vignettes. I'll miss the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely photos! Love that huge sunflower head and the gorgeous sunset...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely photos! Oh, I adore the ones with the pumpkins & giant sunflower head. And that sunset - gorgeous! That's a cool looking basket. Never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You captured it perfectly Pam...

    Boo!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! I love the sunset and the light on the field!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that first shot is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pamela,

    That fiery sky beams with such a bold attitude! Are you sure this orange will fade away? Hope not!

    Gorgeous photos!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...