summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Saturday, December 6, 2014

this and that chit chat





Here I am watching the light again.  :)  The other afternoon the sun was shining so beautifully and reflecting into the dining room window.  I have a prism in the window and the light was refracting off of it across the wall.  

On the other side of the room is the Christmas tree all lit.  I'm enjoying the lights in the evenings and even on the grey dull days.

Friday afternoon there were 3 deer at the top of the hill.  I cropped the photo to include the 2 closest together.  They stood there looking around for a few minutes then....

....they laid down and had a rest and enjoyed the view for almost 2 hours!  I think it was a doe and her twins.  They then got up and disappeared over the hill.  

This little guy comes around a lot to clean up on the seeds that spill.  He shells a couple then takes off and buries them, runs back and shells more.  Such a busy character.

Although Saturday is the Full Cold Moon, I'll admit I took this photo Friday night (through the window) because it was nice and clear out to view it.  We had snow most of the day today followed by a cold rain so there is no visible moon this evening.  


Here's a photo I took a week ago today.  There was a chainsaw artist at the local shopping plaza and he was carving an angel.

Those are some of his other creations on the truck.  He had one wing made and was working on the face.  One slip of the saw and OOPS!  Ruined.  He was pretty good at it.  It must take a lot of patience and skill.


I went shopping the past two days trying to get something done in the line of Christmas gifts.  My heart just isn't in it much this year but I did find a few things.  I still haven't started Christmas cards and it's getting too late to mail some to be delivered on time.  I spent the afternoon baking cookies.  Shortbread with pale pink frosting and Ginger sparkles.  All in the freezer.  :)  But we did sample some a few.   Can you believe Christmas is less than 3 weeks away?  Panic time.  I'm not going to worry about it.  I do this every year.  I expect one day my tardiness will backfire on me but, I hope it's not this year.  Are you panicking yet?  

I hope you are having a good weekend.  Are you entertaining or being entertained?  Have you got your decorating and baking all done?  It's such a busy time of the year isn't it?  

Look what happened to Mr. Red.  He looks like he's ready for Christmas.

Blessings,

Pam






24 comments:

  1. sweet little red! adorable! i've not mailed my cards but have most packages sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little squirrel, and the chainsaw art always impresses me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I'll make you feel better - I have done almost nothing yet. No shopping at all other than a few things for Laura which I still have to get in the mail. No baking. About 5% of decorating is done. Yes, that's five, not fifty. Haven't written one card, haven't even thought about writing the annual Christmas letter. My heart is not in it this year either... Maybe after our concert tomorrow I'll be in the spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute squirrel!

    Christmas preparations should be put off until, oh.... Christmas Eve at 3 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree looks beautiful, I love the sparkles on the wall too. We are in mid Christmas chaos today, hubby doing lights and something complicated with a tree and stuff all over the house. I am blogging instead of sewing and trying to ignore it all. I hope that you will get in the swing of it and feel more cheery soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be gentle with yourself, Pamela, and if you don't feel like it, don't do it. I am doing less this year and I don't have the fresh loss that you do. Your first photo is amazing. It reminds me of what all I see due to a glass etching in our front window. I can see light bouncing off walls in the next room all because of that (it moves often). I hope you are having a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is decorated nicely! I like the deer landscapes. They have a nice vantage point from there. I had to laugh at the squirrel! They can be annoying, but funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dear Pam~ Your tree looks so lovely and inviting for the Christmas guests. That little Squirrel, what species is it? Love the little edit you did for it ;). Thankfully I adorn our tree the weekend before Thanksgiving. I have been in bed all week, following a brief stay in hospital and yet still managed to get my Christmas greetings into the mail. Have a Happy week~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Pamela, your house for the holidays looks gorgeous and the tree is center attention! Your Winter wonderland images are lovely with the cute squirrel too.
    Happy holiday season sweet friend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures. I love the wildlife as they are seen by others. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas tree looks beautiful and I love that cute little squirrel busily storing away food for the long, cold winter.
    I'm going to be doing less decorating this year and I still have cards to do and some shopping to finish. I can't believe we only have a little over 2 weeks left until Christmas!
    Hope you have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your pretty pics Pam. your tree is lovely and how wonderful the deer stayed with you awhile.

    great capture of the moon and the little squirrel is soooo cute in his little red santa hat. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your corner is so pretty inside and out. Three dozen Christmas cookies in the freezer is excellent. I'm still decorating...that soggy book episode set me back about a week. Now I'm "watching" Home Alone with John.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That last shot made me giggle. Love that the deer were watching you watch them:) Nice Christmas scenes Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Pamela, Your pictures are beautiful!!!!!! We are not ready for Christmas yet. Tree is up and looking pretty but that is about it! I am not letting it get to me yet this year. I do have some gifts bought....but I have to learn to take it as it comes. (Showing my age, I guess!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard to catch the magic some years, isn't it? I was telling our grandson who was down from the great north on the weekend about all the deer you see from your place. As a fairly new hunter he was pretty excited...men!
    Well at least you're amusing yourself by dressing up the squirrels. LOL I'm going to be playing more with PicMonkey myself, it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pam! Your Christmas tree looks so beautiful! How amazing to peep out and see these beautiful creatures too! I think I'm finished with my decorating but not my shopping. I haven't address a single Christmas card yet! I'm late too! For the last few years, we get less and less cards. Hope you're having a nice weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tree is so beautiful! I'd love seeing deer in my backyard like that (as long as they didn't find my hostas!!) That's one Christmas-y squirrel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tremendous pictures - very clever - how on earth did you persuade the squirrel to wear a hat? Your tree looks stunning. We are very disorganised in our house - pretty standard, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have much on your heart this year, Pamela. It's okay to let things go. Our tree is up, with lights, but not decorated yet. Tonight, I hope. There's no rush. I like to think of you looking out the window at the animals and light, letting your thoughts wander to and fro. Take the time to let healing begin.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beauty in those lovely reflections of light...and your tree is so pretty too! The deer on the horizon is such a peaceful sight :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Charming Pamela . . . love your tree, beautiful ornaments . . .

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tree and ornaments are really pretty. I like how the little chipmunk got ready for Christmas
    Cool pic of the deer too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...