summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

a little spring.....indoors




Shelf in the front entry.

We are trying really hard to think spring here when there is still four feet of snow on the ground in most places.    I have decorated a few spots indoors with spring and Easter cheer to enjoy as I gaze out the windows to the white landscape lit up by the brilliant March sun.  I almost need sunglasses on when I look outside as it's very hard on the eyes.



My chalkboards are stating that spring is on the way no matter what it looks like outside.

Front entry.




I found this tiny Campanula plant at the SuperStore last week and thought it was just the pop of spring colour I wanted for the coffee table....along with some spring green in the pillows and Jadeite plate and the purple violets on the bowl.  The old book is one of Murray's father's called "Little by Little".....rather appropriate for our spring which returns little by little.


Note the postcard photos here.  I'll do a separate post on them as I have some questions to ask of my Ontario readers if they might know of this place.  It's a former tourist spot called Red Umbrella in Carnarvon Ontario.  Watch for a post on this soon.


The china hutch is ready for Easter.






That's a looks at some spring decor inside.   Do you want to see what's outside?  Are you ready?


Note how low the snow is on our lighted snowman on the deck.  This was taken this morning.

This was taken on Sunday and on Friday the snow was up to his hat brim.  The snow is melting!!


It is currently 8C here at about 11:30 AM.  Just a nice spring teaser for us as tomorrow's high will only be -5C.  A typical March for us.  


Yep.  We still have lots of snow.  (March 11)


Our driveway actually has some bare spots on it.  There is a lot of heat in the sun these days and with longer daylight hours the changes will be noticeable unless it snows again ~ and it will.   We're hoping for a slow and gradual melt so there won't be any flooding.  

Here is what our total snowfall for December, January and February was for the Fredericton area....
320 cm.  which translates to 125 inches or about 10 feet!!   Don't forget that this snow settles and compacts so we didn't have the actual 10 feet of snow on the ground everywhere.  And we aren't done with snow yet as there is some coming for the weekend.  Now you can see why I enjoy decorating for spring early inside.  It brings me a lot of cheer while we await the spring weather to enjoy outside.

Thanks for visiting and your well wishes for my cold.  I'm still sniffling and blowing my nose but feeling so much better today.  It was a doozy!   We celebrated Murray's birthday last night and had a great time.   He even took the day off and 'played' in the snow (snow removal).  I haven't left the house since Thursday!!  I might be getting a bit of cabin fever.  

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Pam


36 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a LOT of snow! Your springy chalkboards and Easter vignettes are so lovely...beautiful reminders that spring really is on it's way...really, it is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post - and your china hutch with it's Easter Readines - very charming! We have no snow to speak of here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring will come, when it's good and ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you're seeing some sun and some melting, too. loved the little birdie and its message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you are ready for Spring after all that snow! Even though it is 70 degrees here today, there is still a little chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I well remember those spring days that were more about snow than daffodils! Easter Sunday in boots and parkas......ah well, the snow will melt and we will soon be looking forward to green views from your deck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Pam! It looks lovely indoors; your Spring and Easter decorations are so beautiful!
    Outside... it looks pretty much like here where I live, still much snow but bare spots on the driveways. The sun is already warm! :)
    Wishing you beautiful late-winter days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at all you accomplished being stuck at home with a cold. Sweet vignettes and a very pretty Easter hutch. I am ot pleased about another weekend storm, but we must endure. The light has really been marvelous, hasn't it?! Take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea the snow is melting, and you have to be very glad to see that. The snowman looks so cute with the blue on his hat. He can see daylight again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! for melting snow! We have a lot more than you have at the moment but yes, it will all go eventually. I am loving the longer daylight hours and the ice is finally melting in our driveway. It got up to 5 degrees here, the warmest it's been in months, and that is much better than the -8 we are getting tomorrow. Glad you're feeling better. I have had a bit of a bug the last two days but not bad enough to put me on my back. Love your bunny vignette. I will have to dig mine out. Enjoy your day, Pamela.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're feeling better. Your pretty vignettes are just the thing to cheer you up while having to be inside. I hope soon you will be out and about. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK Pamela you can at least stick a toe out the door. You have to be going stir crazy. What a lot of snow. I think I would move south if I had to do with all that snow every year. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, I want to say that I am glad that you are feeling better, Pam! My goodness, that is a lot of snow....but it looks like you are making the best of things with your very pretty spring decorating inside. I am in love with your gorgeous hutch and that fabulous view out your back deck. Sending birthday wishes to Murray and I will certainly 'think spring' for you! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated B-day to Murry . I saw and heard two Robins earlier today and we have grass showing and puddles galore the sun is stronger and the land is already warming up to ! The temps have been lovely highs of +8 and we are to get rain on Sat so that will help with the melt down as well ! Glad your feeling better and getting lots of sunshine . Lovely photos and spring decor, Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  15. looking at all the snow...I can see why you're thinking SPRING. Loved the plant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness that was a lot of snow wasn't it!!! I am glad that it is melting though, even if you have some more to come, at least if some has melted that has to make you feel better, nice to have some warmer days too! It is funny that your snowman is still buried outside in the snow while you are decorating for Easter! Your Easter things are all very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. No wonder you decorate inside your for spring, having all that snow still around The Campanula really makes a statement on your coffee table. You need it having had all that snow and even more still to come. Our winter has not been hard on us this year , and I'm happy that Mr France and I can get out in the garden and enjoy the warm sunny we're having at the moment.Each day more of the daffodils are popping open, giving a lovely bright yellow splash in my baskets, also the new ones which we planted in Autumn. I hope spring will come to you soon and melt all that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, the snow is on it's way out and it was so spring like today.. I hope you continue to feel better and your Easter display is lovely.. It won't be long.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm just starting to dig out spring and Easter decor Pam, your hutch looks sweet with the bunnies. Our snow has shrunk a fair bit and the driveway is bare at last, much shorter than yours of course.
    I hope your cold dries up soon, one sure can make a body feel rotten and tired.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your house is proclaiming spring - even though it is definitely winter out. I love all the cute things you have placed about to remind you that spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your Spring decorating Pam. I am starting to do some too. I am so ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your outside looks about like ours. The snow is going fast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes Pam, the snow IS going down... slowly but surely! Today's "warm temps" were glorious, weren't they? Hope your cold is on its way somewhere else....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yahoooooo! You are just as excited as I am, Pam!!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your Springs decorations. Hope snow leaves u soon.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can see why you're getting excited at the prospect of spring! Hope it gets there soon - lovely photos and imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Though it may not look too springy outdoors...you are definitely all set for Easter inside! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pam, the good thing about snow is it melts quickly when the sun comes out. We seem to have gone from white landscape to brown with touches of green it feels like overnight. Wonderful.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! That's a lot of snow to deal with in one season. I completely understand your need to decorate for spring. Our snow finally melted here and it is slowly warming up. Thank goodness!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Pamela! What a beautiful portrait photo of you! I had no idea that you are also a Canadian blogger! Your snow covered back yard looks similar to ours...lots of snow fell this winter but it was the below zero temps that got to me! Hard on arthritic joints. I was delighted that you visited my blog so here I am re-connecting with my cyber friends and I will really make an attempt to get back to blogging. It seems many of my friends including your blog has a fresh clean look....I had better work at making mine current! Love & light Anna

    ReplyDelete
  31. I hope you continue to feel better. I had the worst cold last month that I've had in years....it really knocked me out for a couple of weeks. I love your Spring pretties, especially in the china hutch. Just don't look outside! lol Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  32. Indoors looks a lot more like spring than outdoors, but you already knew that!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the vignettes around your house! And I do believe that even though we still have snow on the ground, spring is coming. We can see about three quarters of our driveway now. That's a vast improvement. Love the pop of color from the superstore!

    ReplyDelete
  34. If you can't have spring outside, spring inside is a great option! Love the little touches you've added to your hutch and your coffee table. Soon that snowman will be standing on the deck with no snow! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am trying to think spring . . .
    Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love all your wee touches of spring. I especially am drawn to the white picture frames.
    Hmm maybe a shopping spree to Homesense is in order...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...