Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Thursday, June 25, 2015

a walk on the wild side



Buttercup and Wild Geranium

I went for a walk Tuesday morning, minus my camera, and noticed so many pretty wildflowers blooming along the road, in the ditch and in the fields.  After I got home I got my camera and went for another short walk to take photos.  I intended to post this on Tuesday but was having blogger issues and couldn't load photos.  I tried again today and all was well.  :-)

Buttercups and Forget-me-nots.

Guernsey cattle in a field of buttercups.

On Monday evening we drove by this pastoral scene with the cows in a full field of buttercups as the sun was lowering in the sky so, I thought I'd walk up and get a photo.  As I got closer I heard a tractor and as I passed the trees I saw the farmer was cutting the field!  I was quite disappointed not to get a photo of the full field of buttercups and cows but this one will do too.




Daisy Fleabane

A wildflower variety in one spot.

Looking down the farm lane with the tall grasses growing in the centre of it.


Wild Geranium ?  Do my flower friends know what this is for sure?  I checked on Google and found similar images but not this exact one.  Whatever it is it's such a pretty blue.  Barbara Lillian, a blogger from France, correctly identified this as Meadow Cranesbill.  Mystery is solved.  :)

The Lupins are still blooming but some are also going to seed.

pretty grasses

We're supposed to have sunshine through Sunday except for the chance of a shower this afternoon.  It's still not very hot here as temperatures are in the low 20's and I prefer the mid-20's of course.  Hopefully it will be warming up more soon.  In the meantime I'm grateful for the sunny days even if it feels a bit like early fall. Haha!

 We have a busy weekend coming up with a contemporary worship concert at Snider Mountain Ranch near Sussex where Paul Coleman, The City Harmonic, Chelsey Amber, The Broadcast Music, and The LaPointes will be performing.  On Sunday we have our Summer Music Night at our church featuring the choir and guests.  I'm looking forward to both events!

I hope you enjoy the first weekend of summer!  Next week is Canada Day on July 1 and Independence Day in the US on July 4.  I think we'll all be doing a little celebrating!  

Have a great day!

Blessings,
Pam




33 comments:

  1. Hello Pamela, your wildflowers images are beautiful. I love the field with the cows. Enjoy your music events and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...some really pretty shots there. You are definitely a wild one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job again Pamela. I just love your work! I think the variety in your pictures is amazing ;-)

    Greetings from the Netherlands!
    Gert Jan
    www.gertjanhermus.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing all the wildflowers, so pretty and delicate. Enjoy the upcoming Canada Day, we are looking forward to celebrating with our BC family this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful weekend you have planned!
    I enjoy seeing all of your wildflowers and the cows especially, we don't have any around here.
    Our buttercups, lupine, and forget-me-nots are all in bloom now too.
    It is already 20 here this morning and looks like a sunny day for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely to see your shots of the fields...and I think that the tractor adds to the photo, it looks very pastoral with the cows relaxing, and him busy at work. Love the wildflowers...here they keep cutting the roadsides down because they have nothing better to do with their time....we need the wildflowers to have a chance to reseed.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely to see your shots of the fields...and I think that the tractor adds to the photo, it looks very pastoral with the cows relaxing, and him busy at work. Love the wildflowers...here they keep cutting the roadsides down because they have nothing better to do with their time....we need the wildflowers to have a chance to reseed.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wild flowers. A meadow filled with buttercups is such a pretty sight. I hope it warms up a little for you. We are headed for a scorching weekend, I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous wild flowers! our wild geraniums look a bit different than that bloom. that almost reminds me of a primrose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing the wildflowers scattered among the grass in the pastures. I especially love the buttercups.
    It sounds like you have a delightful weekend coming up filled with lots of music and fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so peaceful where you live! How deeply green are the pastures/grass. and the cow amongst the buttercups--a great photo, even with the farmer cutting it all down (life!) Sounds like you have a good weekend coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm seeing a lot of buttercups here as well. They are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your wild flowers, I think the blue geranium is called Meadow Crane's-bill.. I looked it up in my wild flower book and that feather type leaf fits the name. You've taken some lovely pictures. We have very hot weather at the moment and it's forecast for the coming week. So no grass cutting this weekend or it will be all scorched brown.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photos of Meadow flowers. You have such a nice touch/eye Pamela . . .
    And the pastoral scene with the cows, meadow flowers and tractor . . . I thought, WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And yes, I think the flower is Crane's Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a pretty walk through the wildflowers. I especially love the buttercups and forget-me-nots. It's good to see so many wildflowers growing naturally as I think our beneficial insect population needs them to survive.
    Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy! If you want more heat, I'll try to blow some up your way. We've been scorching down here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of pretty wildflowers to admire on your walks Pam. Not sure what the blue geranium is, could have escaped someone's garden or possibly been cross pollinated to create a new variety.
    I have been enjoying the field of daisies at the corner of our street and sure enough, I came home one day and they had all been mowed down. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful countryside with all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sure looks pretty walking down that country lane. I love the old fence post surrounded by wildflowers. We are past wild flowers and too hot to walk now. But I won't complain. I'll sew! lol Enjoy your fun weekend ahead! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. How pretty! It made it to the high 70sF here...pleasant indeed. Sounds as if next week will be a busy one and a celebratory one. Hard to believe that it's that time already.

    ReplyDelete
  21. such pretty images. I really like your capture of the farmer cutting the field.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, such a pretty walk! All your winter snow makes beautiful summer wildflowers! The meadow cranesbill is really lovely. Sounds like a fun weekend coming up - hope it warms up for you. Here it is hot and dry, which is very unusual for WA state. I'm not going to complain because I wished for this all winter! Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such marvelous beauty, I just love all of the colours of the wildflowers~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like you're in for a good, if maybe hectic, weekend; enjoy. Loved the pics - especially the one with the tractor, which has a kind of nostalgic feel about it (maybe because it's an old tractor!). Grateful for the name 'meadow cranesbill', which I've heard before but never associated with the plant it belongs to!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful wildflower images, Pamela! This post leaves the viewer calm and happy. Your photos of the fields and pretty grasses and flowers are all very soothing.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pamela, These are fantastic Wildflower images! It's like walking around where I live. :)
    Did I read that right, 20s? I'm hoping that's Celsius and not Fahrenheit!
    Wishing you a lovely and joy-filled weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your photos are all beautiful, Pamela. I think the one with the country lane is my favorite. Have a wonderful weekend. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello Pam, I really enjoyed seeing the wildflowers that are blooming in your part of the world. Beautiful landscape photos!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope that you are having a great weekend with all that you are doing. Our temperatures are similar to yours right now, although supposed to get very hot this week with hot weather coming in from central Europe. I prefer the lower end of the 20's! Lovely to go on your walk with you and see all of the beautiful flowers, they are one of the best things about summer aren't they! xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful blog! I love the fields of wildflowers. Seems like most people can't just let them be and mow them down, but it's great to run across them now and then. Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous wildflowers! Love the landscapes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The wildflowers are gorgeous this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...