summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Happy Canada Day!





The flags on the left and right of our maple left flag were the original flags of our country and were mine when I was a little girl.  The Union Jack is Britain's flag and the Red Ensign was our first flag.


Canada is celebrating 148 years of Confederation on July 1st.  
I decided to decorate the shelf in the stairwell of our front entry with some vintage items in a red and white theme.



This little red car was Murray's so it got a spot on the shelf next to 1 of 3 old doorknobs.



I also have placed some flags around outside.






I find that Canada is becoming a lot more patriotic than it used to be and I love celebrating our wonderful country where we have many freedoms that other countries don't get to enjoy.  

We have a beautiful and vast country that stretches from the Pacific Ocean in the west to the Atlantic Ocean in the east and from the Arctic Ocean in the north to the US border.  

We are very blessed to live in such a wonderful country and for that I am truly grateful.  

We hope to take in some of the festivities in Fredericton.  The weather may just cooperate with sunshine and a risk of showers in the evening.  Hopefully they won't spoil the fireworks on the river. 

I wish all my Canadian friends here and abroad a fantastic holiday!
HAPPY CANADA DAY!
  Enjoy it and be safe.

O Canada
O Canada! our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North, strong and free.
From far and wide O Canada
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land, glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


Blessings to you,
Pamela

27 comments:

  1. I like your vintage red & white display. We often make flags here for Canada Day, but kids all take them home and I'm left with just mine. I've noticed a bit more patriotism around these past years too. I've always admired how well Americans do up their 4th of July, and felt our July 1st was often overlooked as just a day off work.
    Happy Canada Day!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Canada Day! Wish I could have a hotdog with you. The weather should be glorious. Yay! (I was decorating with an old license plate this morning, too. It's not as cute as yours! ) I, too, enjoy seeing patriotism on display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful Canada Day, Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Canada Day . We are CANADIAN !!!!! WOOHOO !! ok part Brit part Canadian lol ! Have a wonderful day of celebration !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely photos Pamela! Your little red vintage car is too adorable! Wishing you a lovely and happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Canada Day to you too! I love seeing more Canadian flags flying, isn't it great?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos of our beautiful flag. Happy Canada Day to you as well. Enjoy your day and hopefully it will be a dry one (we have had soooo many heavy rains that the ground won't soak it up here in southern Ontario.) We are hosting a family dinner and will spend the evening around the firepit with marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love our flag and use it to decorate at this time of year with our country's birthday coming this weekend. Your vignette looks fun and colorful and I hope you are enjoying the festive day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fitting for the occasion, and nice decorating! Have a great Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen! Love your Canada salute!
    Happy Canada Day Pamela!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Canada Day! A few years back, my sister & I enjoyed the Canada Day festivities in Fredericton...complete with a river boat tour along the St. John River. Having relatives who served in the war(s), we were raised very patriotic. Sang O Canada every morning in school....and I remember the first time we flew the Maple Leaf...I was in grade 2! Have a spectacular day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Canada Day! :) We are so fortunate to have such wonderful neighbors to the North of the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Canada Day Pamela to you and yours. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Canada day! You have some beautiful decorations to make your home look festive. I need to do a little more this week, too! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Canada Day to you too! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do have a beautiful country Pamela and I have been blessed to see much of it. The Canadian flag is so lovely - it always brings a smile to my face when I see it. My maternal grandfather was Canadian - I often think that perhaps I should have emigrated to Canada instead of the USA! I've always had wonderful times when visiting, be it East or West - and I hope to see more of the central part some day in the future.

    Have a wonderful Canada Day - may the sun shine all day long and the celebrations be fun for all.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Pam...you have outdone yourself!
    Love the vintage touch....and that wee truck! Adorable!
    Have a wonderful day....I am proud that YOU are such a wonderful Canadian.....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we? Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy holiday to you from Florida. Nice shots, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Canada Day to you too Pamela. We have much to be thankful for! I just love your decorations. The license plate, the doilies, the little car... all priceless. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Canada Day to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful post!
    Belated Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your display, the red and white is so colourful :) I found you whilst blog hopping, would be great to see you at my blog too at emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk
    Happy Canada Day!!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, love your red and white touches . . .
    Hope you celebrated a GRAND day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well said! And so nicely depicted...as always. Hope you had a wonderful day of celebrations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...