summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

a visit to another coast




The Giant Lobster at Shediac, NB - the Lobster Capital of the World.

The weekend we went to Hopewell Rocks we stayed overnight in Moncton and went to church in the morning and in the afternoon went to Cap Brule on the Northumberland Strait coast near Shediac.  We visited my cousin at her cottage there and went to a late lunch at the wharf in Cap Pele.  Before we went though, I wanted to go down to the beach and walk on the sand and along the water's edge.  It was so beautiful - sunny and hot with a lovely breeze.

Murray took this pic of me on the beach.


Cap Brule.  Look at that sand and sky.

Cap Bimet is the next community along this coast then Cap Pele.

I wonder where the rest of this lobster was.


I could have just sat there on the sand and watched the boats and waves for a while.  So peaceful.

We drove down the coast a bit to Cap Pele.  This is at the wharf with all the lobster boats lined up.


I had a lobster roll but as you can see the lobster was pretty skimpy!!  Very disappointing.  I haven't had a good lobster roll yet this summer.  You'd think at the wharf where they bring the lobster in on their boats they'd give one a bit more and fill the roll wouldn't you?  Oh well.  It was fresh and there were big chunks.  The fries were good.  :)

And this is Murray's fish and chip order.  Look at all that fish!!  
He sure enjoyed it too.

We had a wonderful weekend getaway.  This coming weekend is the Labour Day holiday on Monday.  We don't have plans yet but may take a day trip on Saturday.  The weather is looking beautiful right through the weekend although we may get thunder showers later today.  There is a touch of fall in the air in the mornings and evenings but the days warm up nicely with the sun.  
Thanks for visiting.  Have a great day!

Blessings,
Pam

29 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to visit. I would love to get to the ocean again. It's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely scenery and photos!! And I had a lobster roll that was skimpy like that, too, at a fresh seafood market here in FL. What are they thinking anyway?? You hubby sure did well with his fish and chips!! That's one of my faves!!

    Have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness,your photos are lovely and the food looks amazing, you could almost taste it here in BC.
    Xo
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of you with that great big smile...You need to frame that one....Beautiful photographs of a beautiful place...I love the ocean.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been enjoying reading back the last few posts on your visits to the different towns along the coast! Loved the flower pot islands. We have the same formations here in Ontario in Tobermory. I have yet to visit there (terrible of me I know). You have some beautiful shots of your trips! I rather like the little stone inukshuks that people build all around. We see so many of them high up on clifftops on our drives and hikes through Algonquin park. I even built one on top of my bookcase ;) Enjoy your upcoming long weekend!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved those skies. Great picture of you. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place! That is sure a great photo of you and although I just ate my lunch, I'm hungry again looking at that great food :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just returned from Maine, so we ate a great deal of lobster on that trip, and enjoyed the beautiful blue sea, the lobster boats, the sail boats, etc., etc. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, one must get to the ocean and take the time to watch those waves roll. Your lobster roll looks good to me and the fish does, too. You look like a teenager on the beach! Thought of you often today...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos of that area. Can you believe that I have never tried lobster?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time. I've never eaten lobster - not a big fan of seafood. You can get fresh lobster here but they are very expensive

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos . I do like the first photo of you on the beach . Looks like a great place to visit . Oh YUMMY I love fresh fish and chips we get that here as we live close to lake Erie and they fish out on the lake for perch and pickerel . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking that the lobster roll looked good! That is probably because lobster is so expensive here that that amount would be an awful lot! Eating by the water is always lovely isn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fish and chip dinner like that is probably the only way I'd eat seafood, admittedly.

    I have missed seeing the giant lobster in my trips east.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! You are killing me with these great seaside photos. They are so great and now I'm so missing the coast. What a treat you had. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm getting hungry just seeing your pic, Pamela. I haven't had lobster in years!
    You look so happy to be walking the beach. Doesn't the sand feel so good between your toes?
    I love it....
    That Giant Lobster looks kind of creepy to me though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That beach would be a wonderful place to walk and walk. So beautiful in your images. Great photo of you, Pam. That lobster roll photo brought back some good memories. We don't have those out here, although McDonald's apparently had them on their menu for the month of June.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous beach! And I love lobster!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never had a lobster roll. I keep looking for frozen lobster so I could try out a recipe for them. That beach looks so calming!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Beach Pic . . .
    Skimpy Lobster Roll . . .
    Murray's Fish Order . . .
    Views . . .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a fun get away for you. Mmmm the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos make ma want to visit the Maritimes even more than I've already wished I could through the years. Thank you for taking us along and showing us all that your corner of Canada has to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah! Looks like a fun day out!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely beach pictures!! You made me sooooo hungry with that delish lobster roll and fried fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a gorgeous coastline! Just beautiful! The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pam you look so cute! and what a beautiful coast line. Wow, those fish and chips look tempting..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  27. It looks heavenly there Pam. I love paddling in the water on a sandy beach. Enjoy the upcoming long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really like the photos of that wonderful beach with all that sand!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That looked awesome - and like you Pamela I would definitely want to be on the sand near the water/in the water on such a beautiful day!
    Lobster rolls - yummy! For what they charge they really should't leave spaces along the roll - those are always such expensive babies!!!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...