Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Monday, September 28, 2015

an amazing day




Sunday morning we woke to a gorgeous red sunrise with clear blue skies.  Why the fog photo?  Well, I noticed the fog rolling over the hill behind us from the river and it enveloped us for about 10 minutes before dissipating....just long enough for me (in the process of getting ready to go to church) to grab my camera and take a photo of the sun through the fog.  It was beautiful and brief!

The day turned out lovely, sunny and hot.  After church and brunch we walked down the road to the apple orchard so we could walk in the corn maze, a new feature at the orchard this year.  That place was hopping with lots of visitors picking apples and going on the corn wagon to the bottom of the orchard to enjoy the corn maze.  We chose to walk down the hill and back up which was most enjoyable.  Murray grew up on this farm and we enjoy visiting when we can.

A bin of pumpkins greeted us when we entered the gate.

The apple shack has beautiful displays of apples, pumpkins and preserves to be purchased.  I will have to go back for a bottle of apple jelly.



The pumpkin patch with a view.

The road down the hill to the corn maze.  Note the deer fencing.  It works!

Here comes the wagon.

In the corn maze....cattle corn.  It would be a little chewy for humans I think.

The new fencing keeps out the deer but not the raccoons.  ;)




I guess this is how high an elephant's eye is.  :)

This was a first for Murray and I to visit a corn maze.  It was a lot of fun with lots of dead ends and twists.  It took us about 20 minutes to wander around and I even lost Murray at one point.  I think he was trying to trick me and hide but I caught up with him.  

We walked back up the hill through a wooded part where a brook normally flows through but it was bone dry.  I love looking up at the tree canopy don't you?


We had a lovely afternoon and just about cooked in the heat.  I was overdressed as I thought it was chillier than it was.  
Did you see the lunar eclipse of the blood/harvest moon?  We went to our neighbours and enjoyed the view of it through a telescope and powerful binoculars.  I took a few photos but they were not good or clear.  I don't have a good telephoto lens so had to crop the photos.  The whole thing was amazing to see though as it was a clear night and quite mild.  One could see the stars around the moon and all the craters on the moon through the binoculars but they don't show in my photo.  When the moon was covered by the earth's shadow all the other stars were much brighter and the Milky Way was right overhead.  How amazing!  Since there won't be another blood moon for 33 years this is the last one we'll see.  Which kind of puts life into perspective doesn't it?  


I hope you enjoyed our visit to the corn maze.  We hope to be picking apples at the orchard soon.  The weather sounds very wet and cool and windy for the rest of the week so the apple picking may have to be put on hold.  I hope the apples stay on the trees!

Sunday was a beautiful and amazing day from sunrise to moonrise.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend and enjoy a wonderful week ahead.  I'll be back in a couple days with some Alberta pictures.

Blessings,
Pam

36 comments:

  1. I've never been in a corn maze. I'd love to give it a try sometime.

    We had the eclipse here- and the clouds moved in just as there was one final sliver. They parted long enough to give a brief glimpse of the total eclipse though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had it too but the clouds moved in around 10:00 p.m and stayed;( so we just saw the beginning.

      Delete
  2. oh, these pictures are fabulous!! But my favorite is the mist-morning. Thank-you for taking the time to capture what soon melts away:)

    I hope you enjoy your Alberta visit. My daughter and son-in-law are heading to Nova Scotia early in the morning.(Hortonville)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam....
    I love how you get out there, and enjoy everything!
    Never been to a corn maze...
    Too cloudy here, to see the eclipse!
    Have a great week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a perfect Sunday! Great fall pic's. We haven't been to our local corn maze in many years...but have had fun there in the past. We also had a beautiful fall day here yesterday (and again today)...and enjoyed watching the lunar eclipse with friends from our front porch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great day....I love that first shot...beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoy visiting the apple orchards around here too. BeUtiful time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it has been much too warm for visiting the apple orchards. Now the wet comes for a week or so. So glad that you got to see the blood moon with a telescope. It was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those Fall farms, with their corn mazes, hay rides, apples and pumpkins. They are so much fun! You look pretty short among the tall corn stalks, Pamela! I'm glad you didn't actually get lost in the maze.
    We did see the Blood Moon-so many predictions concerning it. Ours was only a quarter covered when the clouds moved in and it disappeared from site. It didn't show up as red here though. Looking forward to photos of the grands soon!
    Take care-Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the photos, such a special weekend captured in great photos. Love the corn maze photos, looks like such fun!
    Ox
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous shots! I love the way fog can herald a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a lovely walk good to have nice weather to go with it.
    Merle..................

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like the weather was spectacular on both coasts this past weekend. I've never visited a corn maze, but it looks like a lot of fun. Fog in the morning is beautiful, especially when it burns off to a bright day. I saw the blood moon, but didn't take photos as we were babysitting the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those apple trees were really bursting with apples, Pam! We have been visiting a corn maze on a pumpkin farm every fall since we moved here. It's fun! We hope to go again soon and I hope we have the lovely weather you had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely lovely shots! Apples look good, and so does the sunrise! What a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing day. I have never been in a corn maze since I was a kid I for some unknown reason had a fear of it. I know I imagine it was a movie or something. Someday I will go in and get lost and laugh:):):)
    I hear rains are coming your way again take care. Your moon shot is perfect. Nice to see your smiling face. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  16. My eyes dance for twilight shots, and skylines. (Maybe because in my part of FL there are very few skylines...too many trees)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Pamela! What a perfect autumn day. This reminded me so much of our fall days in Maine! There was nothing more fun than apple picking and the farm stands! So glad you all got to enjoy this day! Blessings to you dearest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like and looks like such a nice day . . .
    and ending with something that won't come around for another 33 years certainly reminds me to
    Seize Each Day . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful photos and post . I like watching the fog move across the land as the sun shines through it to it soo eerie yet beautiful . Looks and sounds like you both had fun . No moon for us Sunday to cloudy but last nights moon was pretty in the fog and cloud so I took photos . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful day, Pam. I loved seeing the apple trees and the pumpkin patch.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. A-maza-ing! Never heard of that! Haven't seen a single pumpkin here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your first photo....beautiful shot!
    I have never gone to a corn maze although there are some good ones not too far away so maybe this year.

    We have had beautiful weather for being outdoors for sure.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. some great fall fun and flavor there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fun for kids of all ages! I see your trees haven't turned yet, so you still have that to look forward to. Ours have peaked and are now blowing off the aspens with every breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  25. IT looks like a wonderful outing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like a lot of fun! That first photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You snapped some amazing photos! Looks like a perfect fall day with a walk in a corn maze, too. How fun! You look so cute and happy in your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow...that morning fog with the sun shining through it was just breathtaking! What a perfect day for visiting the farm...there is just nothing better to do in the fall....wonderful day, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Pam! Oh, your photos are just amazing and the one with the fog and sunshine is gorgeous! Love the farm and I've never been through a maze. I'm sure it's fun. You look so pretty! Hope all is going well with you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Pam. You always do such fun things. I would love to try my way through a corn maze. I knew the moon was coming but knew I couldn't get any kind of a photo with my camera. I have tried and am only able to get something that looks like the shiny head of a pin! If I'm lucky, so I didn't see it. Well, I guess I really missed my shot as in 33 years I'll be in triple digits! Don't think that will work..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was a lovely visit to the maize maze with you! We call corn maize here! Although we call it corn when we eat it. Language is a funny thing isn't it! Great photo of the moon too! Glad you got to see it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun place. I would love to walk through the corn maize. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  33. We have corn mazes here but I have never visited one. The lunar eclipse I watched off and on until about 11:40 PM after which I told myself I needed to get to bed. So I put down my book and turned the light off and promptly fell asleep. My hubby woke up unexpectedly and he got up about an hour later and he saw the blood moon! I couldn't believe he saw it and I missed it! So, our weather is going to turn very rainy. Take care, Pamela! I pray your property doesn't sustain any water damage.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  34. you take some great pics. i love the picture of you as well. that is a great shot. you look so happy. i love fall days like this one ... what an amazing day - you are right!! i totally agree with ya there. going to get my fall mum & pansies tomorrow. can't wait! we have been having lots of rain this week. flooding too. i know we need rain but not that much this quickly. wow wee!! have you tried any new teas or read any good books? would love to hear if you have. ha. ha! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great way to enjoy a beautiful autumn day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...