summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Saturday, September 19, 2015

around the yard in September






These photos were taken two weeks ago when it was still very hot weather and things were still blooming beautifully.


The hummingbirds were still around and I caught one resting in the tree near the feeder.

The top third of the cedar tree is loaded with the tiny cones this year.




Do you see the buck on the left?



I was surprised to find this rose blooming on our tiny rose bush....the last rose of summer.

We had a few old bricks around the garden so I decided to build an inukshuk....so the people will know we were there.  :)  You have to know the history moments on our Canadian TV to appreciate that.  

The sedum Autumn Joy is starting to pink up and there are lots of bees enjoying it's nectar.

Gorgeous blue skies in the sunshine.

The Virginia Creeper is doing really well this year and will soon be turning red.

This caterpillar was enjoying our lilac bush recently!!

The maple trees are showing a hint of colour.

See the little red and white trike?  Yard sale find for.....$1.00!


I hope you enjoyed the tour.  The flowers aren't looking quite as perky after a lot of rain one day and some really hot days.  It will soon be time to clean them up which always makes me sad.  I try to hold on to them until our Thanksgiving in October so we'll see what happens this next few weeks.  Take care and thank you for stopping by and commenting.  Also, a big welcome to my new followers!   

Blessings,
Pam


22 comments:

  1. you have lots of blooms. i like your inukshuk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I looked at your two week ago photos I was reminded of how fast it changes . . .
    Once bright reds, blues, magentas, pinks . . .
    And suddenly hints of dried yellow, burnt goldens, rusty browns . . .
    And Autumn it is . . .
    The sounds even change . . .
    I like your inukshuk . . .
    I have some old bricks . . .
    Building time . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled as I was reading your post and the glorious shots. My camera card is full of similar captures of the changing seasons. I love this time of year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pam, what a wonderful array of colors, truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still looking lovely there with your blooms and wonderful photos ! It has cooled down here now after yesterdays rain . This morning is sunny and clear and temps were at 8C and it was dewy but temps are rising to a comfy 20C with lots of sunshine a perfect day to be outside chopping wood having a campfire and leaf cleaning . My flowers are haning on as well as the hummers here to . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bees and colorful mixes of color...so of course loved this array of shots. Happy Sunday 2 u

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are still very lovely, Pamela.
    Do you think you'll get frost before Thanksgiving?
    I've been taking my pots into the garage and then out in the day time already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hydrangeas are lovely. It must have been a good year across Canada for them, as ours are full of blooms too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Pamela. I love every single one of them. Flowers make the world a better place to be. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty shots, Pamela! The hydrangeas- what I think of as snowball bushes- had a good year this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All beautiful. You have an eye for finding beauty everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so beautiful! Incredible flowers, especially the wonderful hydrangeas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's nice to see a view of your garden..still looking healthy! That pot of petunias, etc. is beautiful. Now that it has dropped a few degrees in temperature, we are seeing more life in our garden. It's been such a dry summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many lovely flowers, Pamela! I have a soft spot for hydrangea and yours is wonderful! It is sad to have to say goodbye to the flowers soon, but at least we get to look forward to the turning leaves. That is one big caterpillar! I wonder what he is going to be! It must be wonderful to look out over those beautiful fields full of deer! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pamela,
    Your white hydrangeas are just gorgeous and I love the photo of the buck. We have lots of deer here too and I like to watch them in the early morning or at sunset when they come out to feed. As always, your photos are amazing...so crisp and clear. Hope you are enjoying early fall in beautiful NB!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your hydrangea blossoms! Your garden looks great! Hope that deer keeps its distance and finds something else to eat besides your plants!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, those photos are just stunning...and that first pic? Be still my heart!! :) Your sweet trike was a steal, too!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ÿou certainly captured your gardens beautifully...
    Those Hydrangea are amazing...lucky you!
    Home from your trip?
    That bike was a steal!
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking good! My garden is looking decidedly autumnal. I tried cleaning it up and quit.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Pam! Oh, what beautiful blooms around your place! So so pretty! You got a great snap of the caterpillar too! Thanks so much for popping in to see me and I hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pamela your blooms are so beautiful. Do you prune that hydrangea in the fall? I think I messed up with mine last year as it did not bloom this year. I love summer too but I do love the fall and half of winter. :) Yep, about halfway through I am done with winter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...