summer 2017

summer 2017
summer living

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Christmas decorating, shopping, baking....not enough time!







Hi Everyone!  I'm still here.
I hope all my American readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Are you getting ready for Christmas now?

A show of hands.....how many have seen this arrangement above on Pinterest?  My friend, Lois, found some nice birch trees for me to cut up to make this arrangement my way.  I had the old crock and the long stems came from Dollarama last year.  I bought the tiny lights at HomeSense this year.  Easy to do and a lovely project for Christmas or winter either indoors or out.  We don't have a protected roof over our entry so this one has to stay indoors.

As you can guess, I've been busy the past week.  I haven't been blogging or barely even visiting anyone all week.  In fact, I may just take a break for now as I can't seem to get my head around all I have to do with writing Christmas cards, shopping, baking, etc.  
There just isn't enough time!

I changed out the look on the sideboard this year with a vintage/

The Christmas tree is standing in the corner of the living room with 3 strings of white mini-lights on it.  I have 7 more strings to add to it but each one has at least one bulb burned out and some have 3 out!  And no spare bulbs left!!  I had debated whether to put up a smaller 4 foot tree but Murray wanted preferred the 7 foot one.  sigh.  A 7 foot tree requires lots of lights and decorations.  A 4 foot tree would be so much easier to decorate.  I'd have it done by now!  

I found the Mrs. Claus creamer at the McAdam Railway Station event we attended recently.  The Santa one I've had for a few years.

The hutch is decorated differently from other years, especially the sideboard part.  It's kind of a vintage/Scandinavian feel.  :) minus the white furniture!  I've added touches of red with the white and didn't use the old cutlery tray that I have out all year round.  


Another idea from Pinterest that I copied for our dining room table.  We use this table all the time so something simple and easy to move is perfect for me.  We also enjoy candlelight at dinnertime in the winter months so with its wintery theme this can stay here through January.

A vignette on a side table.

Soft greens and neutrals for the living room.  



**********
Last week Lois and I travelled to Woodstock to pick up our friend Jill and we drove out to the small town of Centreville to have lunch and visit a couple of lovely shops there.  These are cell phone photos so not the best.  We had lunch first at a lovely homestyle restaurant.

This is the dress shop.  We had fun in here and all bought something.  :)

It was beautifully decorated inside!  

And this is the decor/gift shop we went to next just across the street.  Isn't it beautiful?  The same lady owns both shops.  This old building is full to the brim with Christmas and home decor.  Believe it or not I only bought 4 coasters.  I really don't need any Christmas decor but it was fun to look!  




The drive from Woodstock to Centreville is so beautiful with gorgeous views and beautiful old and new homes.  I couldn't take any photos as I was driving so you'll have to take my word for it.  I think it will be another day trip sometime when I'm not at the wheel.

********

Our snow has disappeared and there isn't any in the forecast.  Sunshine and cold for the next couple days before it warms up again with rain coming on Wednesday.  Looks like I'll be heading for town to get those lights for the tree tomorrow and picking up some gifts.  I have parcels to mail soon!

I will be around when I can but may not post as often (unless it snows and I get some pictures) and I'll try to visit some of you too. 

Have a blessed week ahead and enjoy the start of the Christmas season.  Don't forget to breathe!  lol

Pam



35 comments:

  1. Hello Pam, love your new head we and how you have decorated your home...looks so inviting and cozy. I hope you get enough snow for Christmas just to make it feel like it used to when we used to get dumps of snow. Have a wonderful week!
    Xo
    Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the birch tree arrangement a lot! and i love all the wreaths on the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to have time for everything! Of course it's fun to share the photos we take during the holidays but I don't post as much any more either. We hiked 2 days in a row so I'm tired tonight. I'll probably start decorating tomorrow. I'm going to go through my stuff and try to donate things I don't want. Enjoy your week sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pam, your decorations look awesome..and so does your new header. The birch arrangement is just stunning and I love the vintage feel to your sideboard. Not one decoration up here yet. We'll be traveling over Christmas with no gatherings here at home but I have to put some decor up to get me in the spirit...I've decided to put up the tree and decorate the mantle for sure...we'll see what else :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pam...
    All your Defoe looks lovely...very understated and tasteful...love it!
    My son put my outdoor lights up today...
    Miss V added some Christmas window clings...
    I will get my tree by Wednesday...
    It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
    Have a great week..
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geesh...darn iPad changes all my words!
      "All your decor looks lovely"
      Sorry about that!

      Delete
  6. Looking very festive Pam, and yes, it certainly is getting busy. Busy. Busy. I've got a birch arrangement similar to yours, but haven't got the lights on it yet. Enjoy each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, your home is looking lovely! I love your red and whites. I have my tree up with the lights on it but that's as far as I've gotten so far. I think this is about the latest I've ever been decorating it. I'm with you, so busy that it's hard to find time for everything. We are getting snow right now and I hope it's over by morning. Hubby has to be at work by five so I'm hoping it will settle down. Hope you have a wonderful week and take time to enjoy all the moments that come with all this busyness. Christmas seems to come and go so fast.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vignettes look lovely. You have some lovely china displayed and the silver tray of goodies is so very pretty. Yes, I can hardly believe that December is almost here. I look so forward to the weekends when I can get a bit more done than I do after work during the week. Have a great, and productive, week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you've been busy all week, Pamela! I like the way you've switched everything around this year. The Scandinavian style tray is so pretty, and your vintage mix so cute. I think it's wonderful that you eat by candlelight in the wintertime. You are the only couple in the world that I know do this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your decorations are so elegant - love love love the lighted wood sculpture. Your header is so wonderful. And your hutch is so very similar to one we just bought last week - I adore it and am having fun decorating it. I have baking planned too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Christmas decorations, Pam, and your new header is indeed lovely! Everything looks so festive and Christmassy! Lights and shine are really needed in this time of year. The shops look very nice as well.
    We baked yesterday some traditional jam tarts (with a prune jam filling).
    Enjoy your Christmas preparations and have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your decorating Pamela . . .
    Soft . . . Mercury Glass and sparkles . . .
    Very nice . . .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your decorations and that birch arrangement is just gorgeous! We are in the process of packing and getting prepared to move, so I'm not decorating here, I hope to be moved in a couple weeks. Even though it will be close to Christmas I still plan to decorate at our new place but not as much as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam, you enjoy shopping as I do, even if it is just window shopping. My daughter and I spent Black Friday at the discount mall in San Marcos, TX. We went early, so we escaped the huge crowd that came later in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely shots - you're really getting into the festive spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's looking wonderfully festive in your neck of the woods! I love the arrangement in the crock!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely decorations in your home. You have been busy I never start this early. All the shops looked full of tinsel and lights to get everyone in the holiday spirit for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic decorations! I can see why it keeps you busy! Great shops!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks so pretty! You have been busy and inspired. Your arrangement reminded me that I have one somewhere... My tree is a 6.5 one sitting on a two-foot tall trunk. Talk about making something tough on myself. I finally threw the last string on ... literally ... and I like it best. Oh heavens! Keep up the good work and take lots of pictures. I see some fun ideas here. Glad that your snow is gone. Hope that we continue to have mild weather. It has been a great blessing. Yes, it is much better to be the passenger when taking photos. I also enjoyed seeing the shop so nicely decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy month of December!! Your place is looking very festive!! I start decorating tonight and I am hoping to keep it simple this year....we will see what I come up with. I have been on pinterest as well, getting some last minute ideas that won't cost alot. Oh how I would love to visit the shops you shared with us! Christmas has arrived to the quaint shops for sure!! Enjoy a break from posting,,,and you will get all your Christmas things done !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've been busy and have accomplished a lot. Your home is looking lovely with its Christmas touches. Simple is how I'm keeping it this year. I really like your hutch with the white china and touches of red. Oh, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your home looks beautifully decorated. I love the birch decoration--I wish we had those trees down here. And I love your table centerpiece, and yes, it will look good for the winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your Christmas preparations! Your decorations are very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't believe that it's December already but you seem to have everything in hand. The hutch looks so nice and festive.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous photos! I wish I had the talent to make such lovely decorations, too. I spray painted a bunch of twigs white to make fake birch branches but it surely doesn't look as nice as the real thing. Hope you have a wonderful, stress-free holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely! I especially like the tiny ornaments in the mason jar, neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how pretty your holiday decorations are, Pam! Your hutch is beautiful with all the white pieces and I love your silvery table centerpiece! The birch branch arrangement is lovely, too. That is the sweetest little town with those beautifully decorated shops. I am trying to stay calm and serene this holiday season - yea right! haha! Time just moves too darn quickly these days. I keep telling myself, 'Deep breaths, deep breaths' ! Hope you can find some time to relax and enjoy a nice hot cup of cocoa or tea. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Pam, all your decorations look so pretty. I have started mine but our 7 foot tree is sitting in the corner naked so far. It is the first year for a long time that we have had a real tree so didn't have any lights. I haven't gone to get any yet and hope I can still find some. It may be hard as I like the old fashioned little white ones and so many of the strings availabe now are the LED and I prefer the soft white or gold ones. Those shops look devine and thanks for the "breathe" reminder!!..Happy Wednesday..Judy P. S. Yes, I have seen that on Pinterest and I think you did a beautiful recreation. It is really striking..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Pam I so enjoyed your post! I love your "inspiration" pics and then seeing how you did it your way - well done,k ma'am! I haven't yet finished the tree (never ever this late before) because, well several reasons, frankly: I was waiting for one of my nieces (I hired but they're so danged busy) to come help climb the ladder. My foot isn't going to like it if I have to do it, but looks like I may.....just slowly I guess....and the real reason: I have been waiting a new tree. I have not wanted to spend what it takes to get the one I have been eye-balling....and last night so many strands of lights weren't working I think even hubs may splurge too. Ugh. OR we just throw some new cheapie lights on top of the dark ones and use for one more year then take advantage of end of season pricing is probably what we'll do!

    But back to your decor - sure love that pretty bird teacup and all your trimmings, just grand. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Pam I so enjoyed your post! I love your "inspiration" pics and then seeing how you did it your way - well done,k ma'am! I haven't yet finished the tree (never ever this late before) because, well several reasons, frankly: I was waiting for one of my nieces (I hired but they're so danged busy) to come help climb the ladder. My foot isn't going to like it if I have to do it, but looks like I may.....just slowly I guess....and the real reason: I have been waiting a new tree. I have not wanted to spend what it takes to get the one I have been eye-balling....and last night so many strands of lights weren't working I think even hubs may splurge too. Ugh. OR we just throw some new cheapie lights on top of the dark ones and use for one more year then take advantage of end of season pricing is probably what we'll do!

    But back to your decor - sure love that pretty bird teacup and all your trimmings, just grand. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great post! I love the pinterest inspiration ideas that inspired.
    I love how the shop was decorated for Christmas.
    I am also admiring your sofa.
    It is pretty here now but mild temps headed our way will likely
    melt our snow soon. Hope we get more before Christmas.
    Enjoy your weekend!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  32. Everything looks wonderful, Pam.. Such a nice time of year but like you say it is so busy.. I am finding it hard to write or read posts, too.. Have fun getting ready.. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...