summer 2016

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

last hike - part 2





I'm continuing our hike in the park from my last post.  If you missed it just scroll down to the next post below this one.  Above is the pretty road that leads up to the campground at Mactaquac Provincial park.  As I mentioned in my last post this is one of my favourite spots to hike in the fall with the crunch of the leaves underfoot on this golden pathway.



Looking back toward the picnic shelter and the sailboat marina.


I am tugging my hat over my ears as we walk back and head down the ravine again.

We followed a different trail up the creek bed.  I think my girlfriends and I will have to explore these trails more next summer.  

We crossed this sagging bridge.  

Looking back from the bridge.  It didn't break!  :)

We climbed up the hill without stairs this time and found out if we'd walked a bit farther we would have found a nice easy path up the hill.  Murray disappeared when we got to the top and took the path back back down to the bottom of the ravine.  I kept calling him and he didn't answer and I couldn't see him anywhere.  I was beginning to get worried but I knew he was trying to scare me.  Silly man.  Then I spied his orange jacket.  You can see more of the Treego apparatus in this photo too.

Here he is coming up the trail.  Much easier than climbing up the slippery steep slope!  Next time we'll know better.

Me and my shadow as we leave the park.

The skies have been cloudy and it's been raw, windy and cold but the sun appeared this afternoon for a couple hours and, with no wind blowing, it was really beautiful even it if was only 1C.

Tomorrow I'm taking a couple of friends to McAdam, a former railway town about an hour from here, for "Christmas at the  Station".  The train station there is a national historic site and the volunteers decorate it beautifully for Christmas.  The tour includes coffee, tea and light refreshments and the money from ticket sales goes to continued restoration of the station.  I'll have my camera with me.  :)

Tonight's sunset was pretty and the first one in almost a week.


I hope your week is going well.  Thank you for visiting and for commenting on my posts.  

Blessings,
Pam

28 comments:

  1. What a lovely walk! I can imagine some beautiful portraits are taken on that saggy bridge :)
    Looking forward to seeing the train station Christmas.
    Thanks for taking us along on your hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the leaves, it looks perfectly ready for lots of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful sunset. and i love that carpet of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely hike thanks for sharing wonderful photos to ! It has been sunny and warm here so far temps have been in the teens right now it is still 15C rain on the way for over night and temps to drop only to 12C I am loving it but very strange to have these warm temps this time of year , The Christmas at the station sounds fun looking forward to seeing and hearing all about it ! Have a good evening !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! That's my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like the perfect spot to take a hike. Fairly flat which is what I like too. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hiking when there are lots of leaves on the ground....you can see so far into the woods. And look how cute you look. I always dress so 'bummy' when I hike! lol Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam! You are really one adventurous little gal! I'm impressed with all your hikes. I have arthritis in my knee and it's hard to do things like this. I would love to though. What a lovely place - the colors, the leaves and the glimpse of the water. Thanks always for taking us along. Hope you're doing well and thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful in the woods with all the leaves so golden. And a lovely sunset. You have many nice places to hike.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful walk. The blue sky through the trees makes a wonderful background to your photos. I'm glad you had good weather. Enjoy your Christmas outing. I'll look forward to seeing your post about it when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a beautiful walk, thanks for taking us along, wonderful photos. ;}

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have funny weeks up yonder, if the sun only sets once a week...just saying

    beautiful hiking trails

    ReplyDelete
  13. Charming place for a hike/walk . . .
    And wonderful photos Pam!
    I liked the red and orange glimpses too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a beautiful trail to walk with all the fallen leaves underfoot.
    Have fun at the train station!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful place for a hike, soon to be covered with snow, I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking at these serene, magical views it is hard to imagine that there is anything wrong in the world. Lovely.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an incredible place to hike and explore - lucky you! Your pictures are gorgeous, I love how the trails are covered in the leaves - so exhilarating to walk in! Have fun in McAdam at the train station, sounds wonderful, and will look forward to your post about your adventure there :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pam such a beautiful trail but looks like quite a work out. That must be how you keep your girlish figure and can enjoy the beauty at the same time..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. What beautiful pictures Pam...you make me want to be able to just walk down the path as well!! Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i would love to be hiking with you. looks like fun. what great fall shots. love the sun views. I almost said something about Thanksgiving but I soon realized you are my Canadian friend & have already celebrated yours. ha. ha!! funny how your mind works. any who. have a great day. thanks for sharing your hike. stay warm. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful place to walk, great walk - at least those first few photos.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Pamela....I have missed you and the wonderful things that you write about. We have been at my daughter's and son-in-lawa's cottage a lot this year. Last weekend ...my Jim and our son-in law went to close it up so back here I am! Your pictures are lovely, as usual. What a beautiful hike! Even the sun was out at times. I love the sound of the crisp leaves when taking a walk this time of year. Hope all is well.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such glorious beauty here...what a great place for a hike, in any season! Like you, I just love hearing that crunch underfoot during a brisk walk in the fall. We are going to have the coldest temps of our season starting tonight and this weekend. We still have many leaves on the trees here in my yard and still some decent color...and it's nearly December! Your photos are wonderful....and that last one....well.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a nice place to hike Pam and it would be fun to go back with girlfriends. We always want to look at different things than the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love it when leaves cover a path and they crunch with every step.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.

    soundboss car stereo player

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...