summer 2016

Saturday, January 2, 2016

2015 in pictures






Happy New Year Everyone!

I want to wish you all a very blessed year ahead full of peace, joy, contentment, happiness and good health.

I thought I'd start the year off with a review of my favourite photos of 2015.  You know I take thousands of pictures, a lot of which end up in the trash, so it was really difficult to pick out some of my favourites for the year.  So...because there are 12 months in a year I will share 12 photos (or collages) - one for each month.  Enjoy.

JANUARY
This was a tree burning on January 3.  Our son's neighbours huge spruce tree blew down on Dec. 26 so a bonfire was in order.

FEBRUARY
You may recall that we had one of the longest snowiest winters in recent years last year.  This is a drift in the backyard that Murray was clearing a path through in February.

MARCH
Kings Landing Historical Settlement - Sugar Bush Weekend.

APRIL
My own daffodils from my garden!  Finally spring arrived.

MAY
New 'neighbours' moved in.  So fun to watch.


JUNE
Our feeble attempt at vegetable gardening would be our last.  Too many weeds and too many deer!  But...look at all that green grass!

JULY
The big event for July was my big birthday!  As Murray says - I'm 'working' for the government now.  :-)

AUGUST
Hopewell Rocks near Moncton, NB
Summer weather finally arrived in August after a wet and cool start to the season.  It got hot and I loved it.  We did a lot of day trips together and I did some hiking with friends.  It was a great month!

SEPTEMBER
September saw us winging our way to Calgary to visit our grandkids and their parents.  We had a great visit and it was fun to do things with these 3 little guys who are growing way too fast.

OCTOBER
Because of our 'late' start to summer we had some spectacular fall colours this year well into October.

NOVEMBER
Walking in the park on a crisp fall day and a week later I was decorating for Christmas.  

DECEMBER
We had a freezing rain storm on Dec. 12 which coated everything in sparkling ice.  We also had about 2 feet of snow before the end of the month.  Winter has arrived.

The year 2015 was a good one for us.  God has blessed us abundantly and we are truly grateful.
I wish for each of you peace, joy, contentment and good health in the year ahead.  Thank you for following along on my little blog.  I appreciate it very much and hope I can keep it rolling along in 2016.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Pam





26 comments:

  1. lots of smiles. lots of blessings. may 2016 be loaded with both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely memories and wonderful photos!
    Wishing you and your loved ones a new year full of happiness and health and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh...enjoyed the revisit. I should do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos of a wonderful year gone by ! Looking forward to a new year filled with more fun , adventures , good health and laughter ! Thanks for sharing , have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed you could just choose 12, your photos are so good! But I like your choices and look forward to more wonderful shots in the new year. Hope you have a milder winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful year you have had. Working for the government is a good thing:) You are truly blessed. Thanks for sharing your world through the year. Happy New Year it is going to be a great one. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I did not know that this would be the only year you would try a vegetable garden...a lot of work for little benefit so I get it. Loved the reminders of your beautiful year and remember most of them. All those good wishes right back to you and Murray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some great shots there. December's is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to look back through your photos, Pamela. Your blessings are apparent. I do love the ice-encrusted seed heads. Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great look back at 2015. Happy New Year. I like the Dec. pic best

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely review of your year! I was just thinking about you and the maple sugaring today when I was looking back at my old calendar. I hope that you have a great year in 2016 too. Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hopewell Rocks is my favourite of these shots. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely record of your year.
    Merle.............

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice way to do it! I love that October shot! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photo recap . . .
    Crystallized December photo is wonderful . . .
    And those three grands . . . ADORABLE . . .
    HAPPY NEW YEAR Pamela . . .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pam, What a wonderful way to recap your year. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to look back over a year of memories although it might be nice to skip the amount of snow from last winter. Yay, an OAS cheque coming in monthly can pay for a few lunches out with the girls, or treating Murray. :-)
    I hope the milder weather continues until spring for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pic's from the year gone by! Happy New Year, Pam & Murray!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Pam, I always say your pictures are so lovely but these are fabulous. Each one is very enjoyable. I like the one of your and your hubby on your birthday and the ones of the grandsons......although they all are perfect. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year, Pam.
    Beautiful collection of photographs, I enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year Pam!
    Beautiful photographs. I love to read your blog, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos of the past year Pam! Happy New Year!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your photos are always lovely, Pam. I especially like the ones that show the east coast locale -it is on our bucket list for one day. We have a Christmas tree burning bonfire at my bil and sil's every summer. They do go up fast after being so dry. We have only a covering of snow, with a bit of ice, nothing like you have had this winter. Wishing you and yours all the best in this New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's such fun to look back and see what all has changed...month by month. And the 1950....hhhmmmm...that looks very familiar to me too! haha! Happy New year! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love looking back with you through your year. my fave is the fallish moments. those rich colors so so pretty!! i can't wait to see what you will get up to this year of 2016!!! so cool!! i enjoy the fire moments too. gorgeous glow. take care. stay warm. we had snow today. so so cold. wait, i may have told you that already in my email to you? or was that some one else??! i am doing to much at once, scratching the brain-o!!? ( :

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...