Autumn 2017

Autumn 2017
cosy fall colours

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

happenings in August





We are skipping along quickly in August already with a change in the temperature the past few days here.  The humidity has given us a reprieve (until tomorrow) and it is almost sweater weather...for me at least.  Most of my friends love the cooler drier air.  We've had a few spectacular sunsets recently but the one above was exceptional.  The photo is not edited.

I've been using mostly my iPhone for photos lately so that is what these ones I'll be sharing today are.  Enjoy.

Sisters ~ Me, Pat, and Maggie 

Pat, our older sister at 74, has Alzheimers and was having a good day this day when she and her husband came to visit.  Maggie is doing pretty well and will see the eye doctor again at the end of next week.  Still no idea when she can fly back to BC.  She is visiting Pat and Richard this week for a change of scene.  

The summer harvest is ongoing in our area.  A local farmer hayed part of the field behind our house last week.

We are enjoying some fresh beans and peas from our garden and so are the deer!!    See how they are nicely 'trimmed'?  The beets are trimmed too.  

Maggie and I went for a walk on the trail in Fredericton last Sunday afternoon and crossed the walking bridge over the St. John River.  This is a little cruise boat that one can go on for a river tour.  Our choir is doing this boat tour for a summer get together on Thursday evening.

I've been enjoying a lot of these this summer.  :) Do you have a favourite flavour of ice cream?  I love anything with chocolate and have been eating a lot of "Hoof Prints" this summer.  

We've had a few of these kind of skies lately too, which have brought thunder showers and storms.  This one actually passed us by....not a drop of rain.

Last Friday Maggie and I drove to Nackawic, home of the world's largest axe, and Woodstock.  It was one of those hot sultry summer days that I love.  


Murray and I celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary last Saturday so we went out for dinner at a hotel downtown then for a walk along the green after.

This is a new art installation along the path called "Watermark" that shows the height of the flood waters from the St. John River going back to the 1880's.  The tall dark post has the dates of the high floods marked on it and yes, the highest was near the top of it in 1936!  Each post is copper clad hence the turquoise colouring and there is a band of molten glass near the top of each one too.  Kind of interesting.

Our shadows and Murray doing a two-handed wave.  ;)

A peaceful pastoral scene on the weekend near where we live.

I've joined Instagram recently and am having fun with it so far.  My account is private for now but if you'd like to follow me send a request.

Thanks for visiting and leaving your comments on my last post.  I have visited a few of you and will try to find time to visit some more over the next couple days.  

Have a beautiful week.

Pam


30 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Love the sky and that ax is quite impressive! Glad you've been enjoying the remainder of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like lots of fun things hoing on for you in August. That is a vety interesting art piece about the high tides. My Murray and I took a similar shadow photo today. It's still hot and humid here, no rain on sight for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have nearly melted this summer with the heat and humidity. Not much of a reprieve yet!

    Cute picture with your sisters and with that husband of 39 years. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible sunset sky! Wow! We don't see too much sky from our place, too many trees around... Nice that you've had visits with both sisters, and glad to hear her eye recovery is going well... Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots. Well - happy anniversary - it is ours this week. And that certainly is a very large axe..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos and post . Looks and sounds like you have been having a fun summer . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhh sweater weather would be nice, after our July from hell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The axe is impressive, and that sunset is glorious.

    The flavour that I'll go for can only be found in parlours, not ice cream from the grocery. New York cherry cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you're making the most of your summer. Such a fun filled post.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one talented photographer. Looks like a great Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one talented photographer. Looks like a great Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Pam! Enjoying looking at these wonderful photos you have captured, especially that first sky shot...just phenomenal! You HAVE been having a busy summer, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Pam! How are you? I've been so busy this summer and I haven't popped in to see you in a while! Hope all is well. Love seeing all that's been going on with you and love the snap of you and your sisters. We've traveled twice this summer to Canada - Niagra Falls and then Ottawa!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweater weather??? Hot humid air is everywhere here and it is NASTY...don't even want to breathe it!! Nice to have time with your sisters, Pam and that Hoof Print ice cream has my name on it for sure!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pamela, it looks like you are truly enjoying your summer! It's great to see the pick of you with your two sister, so nice you got to spend time together!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Pam, you always find such interesting places to visit. That park with the high water markers is really unique. How great that you can spend this time with your sisters, although not under the most ideal circumstances.
    Enjoy these waning summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are a few scenes here that take me back to our visit last summer! I'm feeling badly for your sister...though it seems she is making the best of her extended stay on the east coast. Give her my best! As for my favorite ice-cream flavour...chocolate would never make that list! I usually go for something fruit flavoured (raspberry, strawberry, mango or pina-colada). We are harvesting our grass fields again as well...fourth cut. We will get one more cut before the growing season is over.

    PS Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We've had a lot of those dry rain storms--it looks so threatening and no rain comes. It's been so dry and hot we'd love some steady rain. Looks like you've ended up having some wonderful family times this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post . . .
    Beautiful photos . . .
    Happy Anniversary . . .
    I enjoyed the sculpture, flood recognition . . .
    and two handed wave from Murray!
    A perfect anniversary picture!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Time with one another, under any circumstances, is a gift and it's lovely that you've had these days with your sisters. Your photos are, as always, splendid! I think the high water installation is interesting - I like the way the copper has gone green. It's very Maritime!

    ReplyDelete
  21. August has the most beautiful sunsets. Your picture is proof of that; gorgeous! How lovely to spend time with your sisters. Family is everything! Mine left this week and I sure do them. Those water markers are something else. Imagine the water back in 1936; scary! My favourite ice cream flavour is pralines and cream and I try not to eat too much of it. I enjoy sweater weather too but I much more prefer the hot weather. Our winters are just too long and too cold so I appreciate the hot when we get it. Have a lovely weekend, Pam.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed seeing your paintings. I've been thinking about trying watercolor painting.

    Your little Benny is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Anniversary! And that first shot is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet photo of you and your sisters, Pam. Love that sunset and all the pretty scenery. The little cruise boat looks like fun. Scary to think of the flooding that happens along rivers, especially this week with what is going on in Louisiana. The markers are pretty, though. Very kind of the deer to help you with keeping your plants trimmed :) Happy Anniversary, hope you had a lovely celebration. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's good to follow you on facebook Pam, but we get more of the story when we blog don't we? So glad to catch up on your happenings - and happy that you're enjoying some wonderful family time. You've given me lots of ideas for a NB trip! Roger and I have never been to Hopewell Rocks - it needs to be on our list :) A belated Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  26. PS - your banner is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pamela thank you for taking the time to post such beautiful photos. I loved them all. My favorite was the cows in the field and the photo of you and your sisters. My mother has been gone for many years but also had alzheimers. It is a thankless disease that I pray a cure will be found soon. Happy Anniversary. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's so nice to have a sisters photo...you are all three so beautiful! I finally posted pics of my Mexican Petunias this morning and remembered I had mentioned them to you this summer. Hope you are having a good week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice Picture I Really Like it., Rent camera in Mumbai using Mutterfly Apps. We carry a wide range of equipment on rent for commercial photographers....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...